By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

fatslob-:O said:
VanceIX said:

You yourself said that Infamous has better textures, when it clearly doesn't. Now you're saying that textures are another thing altogether? OK.

Infamous may have better textures but I say that's attributed to material layering ... You need more than texture quality to make surfaces look better and you still don't understand. 

And you're completely wrong on the lighting, period. There are so many mods that make use of reflections and lighting so that all of it is seamless in the environment. If you think that some of the best ENBs combined with more realistic lighting mods "look like shit", then you obviously have not played Skyrim in its full glory. On a 4K monitor, ENB, realistic lighting mods, the game looks fantastic in ways that Infamous and Ryse cannot compare.

How am I completely wrong about the lighting ? Do yourself a favour and start explaining ... Mods can only go so far when it's clear that there are limitations in place of the awful blinn-phong shading model. You can only go so far using blinn-phong when it's quite apparent that metal's are more suited towards using cook torrance specular highlights. Hence why I said that the lighting in skyrim is shit.

And yes, I said cinematic games, not linear. I said this because the prettiest games are all cinematic linear games (other than Infamous SS, which has tons of diffuculty rendering energy-based lighting when a player is not directly looking at objects, resulting in annoying pop-ins. Not to mention that Sony utilised low-quality textures in order to acheive the lighting and reflections.).

How exactly does infamous second son have "tons" of difficulty with energy conserved lighting when it's framerate is usually north of 30fps ? Pop-ins are few and far in between compared to last generation systems and just how exactly are the textures low quality when a modded skyrim doesn't even take the cake ? 

And another thing that you seem to convinently forget is that Second Son runs at 30fps, compared to the 60fps+ Skyrim can run, even with mods, which provides a much more stable experience overall.

What does "FRAMERATE" have to do with "GRAPHICS" ? 

Like I said, you can't compare Skyrim w/ mods and Second Son. Second Son is locked to 1080p @ 30fps, while Skyrim can go up to 4K @ 120fps, with MUCH better textures and amazing lighting, especially considering it's a last-gen game.

What a lie ... 

Oh why the hell am I even arguing with you if you aren't going to make a valid point!

Do me a favour and get your eyes seriously checked ... PLEASE! Mind you this is coming from a PC gamer too.

You said the lighting is "shit" in Skyrim with mods. It is not. Not even close in fact.

And Skyrim having better textures is a lie? OK. You can keep your downgraded textures on SS, while I'll keep my 4K textures in Skyrim.

And you don't think frame rate has anything to do with graphics? Seriously? Framerate has everything to do with graphics when it comes to stability.

But yes, I agree, there's no point in arguing. We obviously don't see eye-to-eye. To each his own.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
ps4tw said:

Need to get your hands on star citizen. Blows every game out of the water in terms of graphics. 

Bit hard to do, considering it doesn't exist

VanceIX said:

You said the lighting is "shit" in Skyrim with mods. It is not. Not even close in fact.

And Skyrim having better textures is a lie? OK. You can keep your downgraded textures on SS, while I'll keep my 4K textures in Skyrim.

And you don't think frame rate has anything to do with graphics? Seriously? Framerate has everything to do with graphics when it comes to stability.

But yes, I agree, there's no point in arguing. We obviously don't see eye-to-eye. To each his own.

Well there goes the last of your credibility that you had left ... 

http://wpmedia.business.financialpost.com/2014/03/1974055_10100354950788775_707538642_o.jpg

http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/iNFAMOUS-2.jpg?57efa4

http://www.jeuxcapt.com/upload/module_images/1394879992_infamous-jeuxcapt-12.jpg

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/725/7253563/2467259-infamous+second+son+-+07)+it's+always+raining+in+seattle+-+2014-03-14+10-45-0225.jpg

http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/paperTrailHeader.jpg?57efa4

Yes, you must be right that infamous second son has those "downgraded" textures. LOL I don't even have a PS4. 

/irony

VanceIX said:

Well there goes the last of your credibility that you had left ... 

http://wpmedia.business.financialpost.com/2014/03/1974055_10100354950788775_707538642_o.jpg

http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/iNFAMOUS-2.jpg?57efa4

http://www.jeuxcapt.com/upload/module_images/1394879992_infamous-jeuxcapt-12.jpg

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/725/7253563/2467259-infamous+second+son+-+07)+it's+always+raining+in+seattle+-+2014-03-14+10-45-0225.jpg

http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/paperTrailHeader.jpg?57efa4

Yes, you must be right that infamous second son has those "downgraded" textures. LOL I don't even have a PS4. 

/irony

Look, this'll be my last post. I actually do own a PS4, and Digital Foundry's analysis found that Sony skimped on textures in areas. If you don't believe me, then just read their analysis. A few pictures won't change that fact.

"That's not to suggest that there aren't still limitations, however. A level-of-detail system is in place for distant structures and objects that can result in abrupt pop-in from time to time. These lower-quality models also utilise lower-quality textures."

Sorry but this at 120fps. The draw distance and iq is way beyond infamous.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network
ninetailschris said:

Sorry but this at 120fps. The draw distance and iq is way beyond infamous.

In no way is that "shit" in lighting and the textures look absolutely outstanding. Vanilla Skyrim looks utter shit, I agree, but modded Skyrim is anoher beast entirely. 

VanceIX said:

Look, this'll be my last post. I actually do own a PS4, and Digital Foundry's analysis found that Sony skimped on textures in areas. If you don't believe me, then just read their analysis. A few pictures won't change that fact.

"That's not to suggest that there aren't still limitations, however. A level-of-detail system is in place for distant structures and objects that can result in abrupt pop-in from time to time. These lower-quality models also utilise lower-quality textures."

Again, that's a POP-IN issue rather than a TEXTURE issue. Besides almost ALL games generally must cheat this way in order to make them playable in the first place ... Rendering the whole world in full detail would be nuts for performance reasons. Mipmapping and a LOD system aren't the best solutions but they sure are a damn good one plus having more memory will make these things more seemless which helps.

Memory is more of an issue rather than the raw power. Hence why I said open world games having less graphical fidelity than linear games is becoming a thing of the past. 

VanceIX said:

Again, that's a POP-IN issue rather than a TEXTURE issue. Besides almost ALL games generally must cheat this way in order to make them playable in the first place ... Rendering the whole world in full detail would be nuts for performance reasons. Mipmapping and a LOD system aren't the best solutions but they sure are a damn good one plus having more memory will make these things more seemless which helps.

Memory is more of an issue rather than the raw power. Hence why I said open world games having less graphical fidelity is becoming a thing of the past. 

The point is that modded Skyrim does NOT have to be sacrificial in that regard. Modded Skyrim can have amazing draw distances and textures over a distance that Infamous can in no way handle, and it can do it more efficiently if using the right mods.

Daisuke72 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

When I say standard, I mean with other visually impressive games. Not the standard of all games at the time.

It just looked fine to me. I didn't think they were doing anything that looked particularly amazing outside of art design.

It won multiple best graphics of the year awards along with a best art achievement award. 

I don't feel it was the most technically impressive game of 2010, but it certainly deserves awards for its art design.

In the original post you responded to I said it was the art design that was exceptional.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

ps4tw said:
Serious_frusting said:

Yes PS4s visuals are on another level.

People can keep pointing to the PCs and say well this rig destroys a PS4. Yh so

A car that goes 300mph has more power than a car that can go 100mph but when the motorway is limited to going to 70mph whats the point in the extra power?

PC has more potential but no game and I mean no game on the PC is showing the visuals that these PS4 games are showing. If such a game is around then prove me wrong. Before someone labels me a hater my graphics card is worth more than a PS4.

Edit: also as a closing statement, It does not matter how powerfull as PC is, it can not render pixels and effects that do not exist. 

Imagine what Naughty Gods could do with a high end pc. FAP FAP FAP

Need to get your hands on star citizen. Blows every game out of the water in terms of graphics. 

Looks good. What about in motion?