By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

Woah, this thread exploded :D

Around the Network
PattonFiend said:
Not really. It is at least a couple years behind top-end PC's, unfortunately.

And at least 3-4 grand behind as well...

Show me a pc for $400 that will have better graphics than a ps4...

monsterduc1000 said:

Show me a pc for $400 that will have better graphics than a ps4...

Here
you go.

DerNebel said:
Steven666v2 said:
DerNebel said:

No it absolutely did not, there are always compromises being made, period. That's the nature of limited hardware, a developer can never do everything he wants, in MKs case they kept the resolution at 720p and added no AA, so that they could have the game run at 60fps, that is a compromise clear as day.

All he's saying is "lol, I've seen the game and Nintendo is perfect, so the game is perfectly, 100% the way the developers would have wanted it to be, cause if I admit that they had to compromise with the game, I'd basically have to admit that the Wii U isn't as powerful as I've been trying to make people believe all along"

You really arn't a gamer are you? Gameplay is king. Graphics can look like tat as long as the gameplay comes first. Yet MK8 still looks good.

Perhaps people are playing on tellies that are stupidly big for purpose so every pixel is obvious to see? Personaly I play on a 19" and it looks mighty fine.  Unless you had some computer programme to tell you how many pixels it actually is, would you even know what the resolution is? Maybe your gaming setup is completely wrong.

Gaming must be miserable for you.  Have to pause and analyse every screenshot rather than just getting on with playing the game...

Well, whoop-de-do, you managed to insult me but still didn't even remotely manage to refute or even address my point.

What is this thread about? Graphics

What was his comment about? MK8 not having made any compromises graphically

What was I doing? I was explaining to him that he was factually wrong about there not being any graphically compromises made in MK8

I was not making a single comment about if this made the game worse or better or anything, I simply pointed out the FACT that graphical compromises have been made with MK8, as is the case with every game out there.

You, buddy, should try at least reading a comment, before calling someone not a gamer for it. For someone that is calling people kids for caring about graphics you just displayed an incredible amount childishness by not even remotely comprehending my post and therefore answering it with something completely unrelated. Watch out or you won't last long here.

Haha I'll last. Yes I know this thread is about graphics and yes understood your post. Is it my fault that I found you post to be rather pointless in my view? Where was it heading? Stating a graphical compromise given hardware of WiiU is pointless considering the op is full of cutscenes etc and look how good these are? If I want to watch cutscenes I'd just watch a film. Your post although stating the perhaps obvious is pointless to me.

Few things:

- The games on the PS4 look great, but to me they're not on "a whole new level" from what I've played thus far. They look great though, don't get me wrong. But gaming on a mid-range PC is just as good if not better in some instances as the graphics on the PS4 (Skyrim with mods is a good example I've seen in this thread).

Also I'll believe the graphical fidelity of games which have yet to release until I play them myself. Been burned too many times in the past, particularly from E3 footage, to take anything for certain just yet.

- However there's no need for flaming other users, calling their posts stupid or pointless for example without anything to back you up. Disagree, but do it in a civil way please!

- Keep an eye on quote trees please! Next person to violate this rule or the flaming/baiting one as outlined above will be moderated.

So, yeah. Just bear that in mind if you could be so kind.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Few things:

- The games on the PS4 look great, but to me they're not on "a whole new level" from what I've played thus far. They look great though, don't get me wrong. But gaming on a mid-range PC is just as good if not better in some instances as the graphics on the PS4 (Skyrim with mods is a good example I've seen in this thread).

Also I'll believe the graphical fidelity of games which have yet to release until I play them myself. Been burned too many times in the past, particularly from E3 footage, to take anything for certain just yet.

- However there's no need for flaming other users, calling their posts stupid or pointless for example without anything to back you up. Disagree, but do it in a civil way please!

- Keep an eye on quote trees please!

is skyrim the only game you guys know? and why you guys keep talking about mods which is something that dosnt exists on consoles.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Steven666v2 said:
DerNebel said:

Well, whoop-de-do, you managed to insult me but still didn't even remotely manage to refute or even address my point.

What is this thread about? Graphics

What was his comment about? MK8 not having made any compromises graphically

What was I doing? I was explaining to him that he was factually wrong about there not being any graphically compromises made in MK8

I was not making a single comment about if this made the game worse or better or anything, I simply pointed out the FACT that graphical compromises have been made with MK8, as is the case with every game out there.

You, buddy, should try at least reading a comment, before calling someone not a gamer for it. For someone that is calling people kids for caring about graphics you just displayed an incredible amount childishness by not even remotely comprehending my post and therefore answering it with something completely unrelated. Watch out or you won't last long here.

Haha I'll last. Yes I know this thread is about graphics and yes understood your post. Is it my fault that I found you post to be rather pointless in my view? Where was it heading? Stating a graphical compromise given hardware of WiiU is pointless considering the op is full of cutscenes etc and look how good these are? If I want to watch cutscenes I'd just watch a film. Your post although stating the perhaps obvious is pointless to me.

Are you serious? I was replying to his post saying that there were no compromises being made, by explaining that compromises were in fact made (which to him is not obvious hence he's discussing the opposite), do you get that? Then you chipped in with this "his post went over your head"-comment and I explained again, why I perfectly understood his post. If you find that post, in this thread as a reply to the post I replied to, pointless then yes that is your fault. 

Also regarding the bolded how does one of the 2 even have anything to do with the other? I can't tell a person that it's completely illogical to believe that no compromises have been made with MK8,  because the OP has some cutscene GIFs? What? That makes absolutely zero sense.

Conegamer said:

Few things:

- Keep an eye on quote trees please! Next person to violate this rule or the flaming/baiting one as outlined above will be moderated.

"Skyrim with Mods" isn't a valid example.

There are many Mods and textures and ENB are just a small portion of them that improves the graphics considerably.

When its essentially always updated, and given 2K-4k HD textures and ENB its no longer in its original form.

You can't compare it to console's best when you basically have "unlimited hardware" and can render in 4k at 60+

Comparing PCs to Consoles is like comparing Airliners to Cars in speed.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

FATALITY said:
Conegamer said:
Few things:

- Keep an eye on quote trees please!

is skyrim the only game you guys know? and why you guys keep talking about mods which is something that dosnt exists on consoles.

No, I just saw it posted above is all so thought I'd use it as an example as it's already been discussed. Yeah it's a bad example, but still. 

Also, if the PS4 is "in another level" then surely it should be able to outdo a mere last-gen game like Skyrim, even with mods, comfortably no? But I have seen no evidence of that from the PS4 games I have. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I'll keep it short and sweet.

Great graphics are absolutely pointless to gaming without the great gameplay to back it up. Where is the gameplay in ALL the OP gifs etc?