By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

Conegamer said:
FATALITY said:
Conegamer said:
Few things:

- The games on the PS4 look great, but to me they're not on "a whole new level" from what I've played thus far. They look great though, don't get me wrong. But gaming on a mid-range PC is just as good if not better in some instances as the graphics on the PS4 (Skyrim with mods is a good example I've seen in this thread).

Also I'll believe the graphical fidelity of games which have yet to release until I play them myself. Been burned too many times in the past, particularly from E3 footage, to take anything for certain just yet.

- However there's no need for flaming other users, calling their posts stupid or pointless for example without anything to back you up. Disagree, but do it in a civil way please!

- Keep an eye on quote trees please!

So, yeah. Just bear that in mind if you could be so kind.

is skyrim the only game you guys know? and why you guys keep talking about mods which is something that dosnt exists on consoles.

No, I just saw it posted above is all so thought I'd use it as an example as it's already been discussed. Yeah it's a bad example, but still. 

Also, if the PS4 is "in another level" then surely it should be able to outdo a mere last-gen game like Skyrim, even with mods, comfortably no? But I have seen no evidence of that from the PS4 games I have. 

i dont know man 

im actually having a hard time finding a game that looks better than the order or uncharted. i know these games arent out yet but this is just the beginning.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network
Steven666v2 said:

Graphics may be ok but what about gameplay? You can't judge a game through stills, cutscenes, cgi trailers etc.

And if you want really good graphics, you might as well just go to the cinema.

Kids this days...

Comes to thread about Graphics.

Complains about focus on Graphics.

If you want good graphics, you just need to go outside.

idk, kids don't read but adults can be just as silly.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

kitler53 said:
PattonFiend said:
Not really. It is at least a couple years behind top-end PC's, unfortunately.

well start posting if you are going to say that.  i always hear that PC's are soo impressive but in the last 10 years i still have only seen crysis as an example of impressive graphics.  otherwise everything seems to be a late port of the console version or indies.

There is true to a extent. The reason why most pc games don't push the envelope is because they are ports of console games or cross platform games. So better graphics simply becomes the ability to run the game at a higher resolution and frame rate than its console counter parts. I don't think its a bad thing, however this shouldn't be the reason to not acknowledge how powerful pcs are in comparison. Because the fault lies on the developers not the hardware.

Ramadear said:
kitler53 said:
PattonFiend said:
Not really. It is at least a couple years behind top-end PC's, unfortunately.

well start posting if you are going to say that.  i always hear that PC's are soo impressive but in the last 10 years i still have only seen crysis as an example of impressive graphics.  otherwise everything seems to be a late port of the console version or indies.

There is true to a extent. The reason why most pc games don't push the envelope is because they are ports of console games or cross platform games. So better graphics simply becomes the ability to run the game at a higher resolution and frame rate than its console counter parts. I don't think its a bad thing, however this shouldn't be the reason to not acknowledge how powerful pcs are in comparison. Because the fault lies on the developers not the hardware.

and thats the point

imagine naughty dog with a TITAN lol

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Brii said:
I KNOW they're impressive, but I can't bring myself to BE impressed with hyper realistic graphics. I see real life every day as it is. I prefer it when games take a unique approach to aesthetics, even if it's not graphically superior. Okami , Journey, and even the original Wind Waker look ten times better to me than Killzone. Personal preference, of course, but I just can't get excited about realistic visuals.

I'm going to have to confiscate your gamer card.

Comparing Graphics to real life is expressely forbidden by the UnWritten Laws.

But then why are some people getting hard-ons for how realistic game graphics are becoming?

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
OttoniBastos said:

MS never pushed X360 as much as Sony did with PS3(or maybe they couldn't because PS3 was more powerfull?) and nintendo like to hide their console's limitations with cell shading and cartoonish art design.

Halo 4 is a very impressive looking game. Especially when you consider the large enviornments to explore, lots of actioin going on at once, four player split screen, etc.

Also, Forza 4 has very sexy visuals that actually do a pretty great job maintaining 60 fps.

The only 1st party PS3 games that looked notably great were Naughty Dog games. Those are on the linear side and reliant on FMVs for cutscenes.

Nope. God of War 3 and Ascension look better than any Naughty Dog Game.

Beyond: Two Souls look better than any Naughty Dog game.

Killzone 2, and 3 also look just as good as Naughty Dog games. 

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

It looks nice, I will give them that! Sony first party sure knows how to push the limits of the ps4 graphically

Um....I thought it had become a standard since last gen that at any given time, most of the best looking console games are sony first party games. I would have said ALL, but then some games with unique art styles look so good, they don't need to have the best specs pushing them like realistic games do. Games like Uncharted typically have both. Cutting edge graphics and very beautiful locales

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Steven666v2 said:

Graphics may be ok but what about gameplay? You can't judge a game through stills, cutscenes, cgi trailers etc.

And if you want really good graphics, you might as well just go to the cinema.

Kids this days...

Comes to thread about Graphics.

Complains about focus on Graphics.

If you want good graphics, I just need to go outside.

idk, kids don't read but adults can be just as silly.

Nail.

Head.

;)

Wright said:
monsterduc1000 said:

Show me a pc for $400 that will have better graphics than a ps4...

Here
you go.

The PS4 has more RAM, and has significantly FASTER RAM. Not to mention the PS4 has a more powerful GPU, that buid however has a faster CPU, but other than that. No, definitely not more powerful, around the area sure. If it was a 7870 instead of a 7850 then it'd be pretty on par with it. 

Numberfox said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Brii said:
I KNOW they're impressive, but I can't bring myself to BE impressed with hyper realistic graphics. I see real life every day as it is. I prefer it when games take a unique approach to aesthetics, even if it's not graphically superior. Okami , Journey, and even the original Wind Waker look ten times better to me than Killzone. Personal preference, of course, but I just can't get excited about realistic visuals.

I'm going to have to confiscate your gamer card.

Comparing Graphics to real life is expressely forbidden by the UnWritten Laws.

But then why are some people getting hard-ons for how realistic game graphics are becoming?

You can like realistic graphics, you just can't compare them negatively to Real Life. E.G,

this game looks better than Life. {Perfectly Acceptable}

this game looks good but not as good as Life {Wrong!}

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank