Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:
Zekkyou said:

EVERY game has compromises lol. MK8 just has particularly significant IQ ones since they wanted to hit 60fps. If it hadn't compromised anything it would be running at 1080p/60fps/16xMSAA. Heck, if we wanted to get really fancy we could skip out of the 16xMSAA and simply super sample the entire game from UHD. Yet it runs at 720p/60fps/no AA. That is something we call a "compromise"

I've seen the game, it's not missing anything it needs. thus, no compromises were made.

Oh, so if Nintendo had the possibility to make the game 1080p/60fps with AA, while everything else stayed the way it is right now, they would have opted out of that and kept the game 720/60 with no AA? Jesus, do you even realize what kinda bullshit you sometimes write while trying to up talk Nintendo?

first, watch it.

second, when looking at MK8, one doesn't think: "the resolution should be higher" or "it needs AA" or "it needs better AI". I don't even think people would notice the increase in resolution, let alone this "no AA" because there aren't jaggies.

Now answer: if you can't notice jaggies, why complain about lack of AA? if the resolution is amazing as it is, why complain it's not higher (when it wouldn't even be noticed)? Thus, those areas weren't compromised.

Around the Network
gergroy said:

mario kart 8 looks better than uncharted 4...

so... 260 posts in and nobody has connected this post to 

kitler53 said:
i'll second you but g'luck getting everyone to agree. there is always that one guy who is going to say mk8 looks better than uncharted 4.

sigh... I'm a failure...

Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

the order? like, that game that hasn't released? infamous is a pretty good example for my point. also, the uncharteds, motorstorm...

Show me the Infamous downgrades.

we have enough threads on that subject.

So you can't show me? Brilliant.

DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

I can, I just won't bother with the images that were so discussed months ago.

Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:

Oh, so if Nintendo had the possibility to make the game 1080p/60fps with AA, while everything else stayed the way it is right now, they would have opted out of that and kept the game 720/60 with no AA? Jesus, do you even realize what kinda bullshit you sometimes write while trying to up talk Nintendo?

first, watch it.

second, when looking at MK8, one doesn't think: "the resolution should be higher" or "it needs AA" or "it needs better AI". I don't even think people would notice the increase in resolution, let alone this "no AA" because there aren't jaggies.

Now answer: if you can't notice jaggies, why complain about lack of AA? if the resolution is amazing as it is, why complain it's not higher (when it wouldn't even be noticed)? Thus, those areas weren't compromised.

Ok, read this slowly and get it in your head.

If every game had unlimited resources than every game would have the highest possible resolution, framerate and method of AA plus a ton of other stuff going on. But the reality of the matter is that there are always limitations and thus there are always things being compromised. That is a simple, unrefutable fact and Nintendo is not exempt from that no matter how much you want them to be.

And lol at the bolded. So 720p is an amazing resolution? Welcome to 8 years ago, I guess. And there are no jaggies? Who the hell are you trying to kid with this?

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

I can, I just won't bother with the images that were so discussed months ago.

Oh, I've seen those images, I've also seen those images being totally proven wrong, which is most likely the part you conveniently ignored.

Zero999 said:

first, watch it.

second, when looking at MK8, one(you) doesn't think: "the resolution should be higher" or "it needs AA" or "it needs better AI". I don't even think people would notice the increase in resolution, let alone this "no AA" because there aren't jaggies.

....Wow

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

DerNebel said:

Ok, read this slowly and get it in your head.

If every game had unlimited resources than every game would have the highest possible resolution, framerate and method of AA plus a ton of other stuff going on. But the reality of the matter is that there are always limitations and thus there are always things being compromised. That is a simple, unrefutable fact and Nintendo is not exempt from that no matter how much you want them to be.

And lol at the bolded. So 720p is an amazing resolution? Welcome to 8 years ago, I guess. And there are no jaggies? Who the hell are you trying to kid with this?

He's blocking out everything that doesnt fit his agenda.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Don't say good things about Sony. I don't like it.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

OttoniBastos said:

Sorry but almost every year sony had at least one game that was totally unbeliavable for that year's graphical standard.

2007: MGS4

2008: inFamous

2009: uncharted 2

2010: god of war 3,Gran Turismo 5

2011: Heavy rain,Uncharted 3

2013: Ascension,TLOU,Gran turismo 6,Beyond two souls

MGS4 was underwhelming even at launch.

Infamous has ugly graphics, go play it again. Infamous 2 looked pretty good.

God of War has a cool art style, but I didn't find it technically impresive. Also, fixed camera.

Gran Turismo 5 and 6 looks fine, but Forza is more visually polished and runs better.

Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls are more like tech demos and can look bad in certain areas.

So the most impressive games I feel are Uncharted 2, 3, TLoU, and GoW Ascension. Everything else you mentioned is... meh.

Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)