By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

If your looking at what out right now, there doesn't seem to be anything game breaking by any means. We'll have to see what some of these games finished products look like.

Around the Network
Wright said:
monsterduc1000 said:

Show me a pc for $400 that will have better graphics than a ps4...

Here
you go.

Keep in mind, too, that current cross-platform games on consoles perform best on a PlayStation 4, which currently sells for $100 less than an Xbox One. If you were to try to build a gaming PC for $400 to $450, our experience has taught us that you would end up with a machine that can't compete with either next-gen console. Though we both succeeded in our goal, $550 was proved quite limiting when it came to picking components.

If you had a budget of $550, which platform--PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or PC--would you choose? How would you build a gaming PC on a console-size budget? Let us know in the comments below.

source

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Text based games from yesteryear had the best graphics. Imagination.

Beat that irl graphics!

Wright said:
monsterduc1000 said:

Show me a pc for $400 that will have better graphics than a ps4...

Here
you go.

You just proved my point even further.  They couldn't do it for $400.  The least they could do it for was $550 just to match it.  $550 gets you the console, a couple games and a ps plus membership which would get you even more games for free.  The ps4 is an incredible value when you look at it without skewed pc vision.

Ramadear said:
kitler53 said:

well start posting if you are going to say that.  i always hear that PC's are soo impressive but in the last 10 years i still have only seen crysis as an example of impressive graphics.  otherwise everything seems to be a late port of the console version or indies.

There is true to a extent. The reason why most pc games don't push the envelope is because they are ports of console games or cross platform games. So better graphics simply becomes the ability to run the game at a higher resolution and frame rate than its console counter parts. I don't think its a bad thing, however this shouldn't be the reason to not acknowledge how powerful pcs are in comparison. Because the fault lies on the developers not the hardware.

to be honest,.. that's my entire point.

pc hardware can obviously be put together i a way that runs 10x or better than a ps4.   but games are as much software as hardware.  20 years ago there were tons of examples of how much futher pc games were compared to consoles.   today that advantage has been almost entirely eliminated as games on pc are made to be multiplat with consoles due to massive budget size.

pcs are powerful but almost all that power is going to waste.

for pc to look better it seems to be up to modders these days.  i've seen a few impressive mods but not all mods are stable and it can take a lot of worth to find the good ones (assuming there are any).  and even a good mod is kind of like putting lipstick on a pig.   look back at the skyrim examples,.. amazing textures on low poly assets with stiff, terrible animations.  makes for a good screenshot i suppose but the overall graphics in game are, to me, not so impressive.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
VanceIX said:

I'm comparing them to show that the PS4 is not, in fact, on another level.

And what next-gen game looks better? Ryse? At certain parts, sure, but taken as a whole it doesn't hold a candle to the detail in Skyrim with mods.

I may share the same sentiment that it's not on another whole level but your example is extremely poor for the most part ... 

Doesn't hold a candle, eh ? Then do pray tell what a highly modded Skyrim does better than Ryse or Infamous. 

It certainly has better lighting and textures than Infamous, and while Ryse looks better overall, it's such a compressed world that it's practically a poor model.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

the order? like, that game that hasn't released? infamous is a pretty good example for my point. also, the uncharteds, motorstorm...

Show me the Infamous downgrades.

we have enough threads on that subject.

DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:
Zekkyou said:

EVERY game has compromises lol. MK8 just has particularly significant IQ ones since they wanted to hit 60fps. If it hadn't compromised anything it would be running at 1080p/60fps/16xMSAA. Heck, if we wanted to get really fancy we could skip out of the 16xMSAA and simply super sample the entire game from UHD. Yet it runs at 720p/60fps/no AA. That is something we call a "compromise"

I've seen the game, it's not missing anything it needs. thus, no compromises were made.

Oh, so if Nintendo had the possibility to make the game 1080p/60fps with AA, while everything else stayed the way it is right now, they would have opted out of that and kept the game 720/60 with no AA? Jesus, do you even realize what kinda bullshit you sometimes write while trying to up talk Nintendo?

first, watch it.

second, when looking at MK8, one doesn't think: "the resolution should be higher" or "it needs AA" or "it needs better AI". I don't even think people would notice the increase in resolution, let alone this "no AA" because there aren't jaggies.

Now answer: if you can't notice jaggies, why complain about lack of AA? if the resolution is amazing as it is, why complain it's not higher (when it wouldn't even be noticed)? Thus, those areas weren't compromised.

gergroy said:

mario kart 8 looks better than uncharted 4...

so... 260 posts in and nobody has connected this post to 

kitler53 said:
i'll second you but g'luck getting everyone to agree. there is always that one guy who is going to say mk8 looks better than uncharted 4.

sigh... I'm a failure...

Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

the order? like, that game that hasn't released? infamous is a pretty good example for my point. also, the uncharteds, motorstorm...

Show me the Infamous downgrades.

we have enough threads on that subject.

So you can't show me? Brilliant.