Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

Zekkyou said:

EVERY game has compromises lol. MK8 just has particularly significant IQ ones since they wanted to hit 60fps. If it hadn't compromised anything it would be running at 1080p/60fps/16xMSAA. Heck, if we wanted to get really fancy we could skip out of the 16xMSAA and simply super sample the entire game from UHD. Yet it runs at 720p/60fps/no AA. That is something we call a "compromise"

I've seen the game, it's not missing anything it needs. thus, no compromises were made.



Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Intrinsic said:
Zero999 said:

given sony's history, the actual graphics of those games will be bellow what they showed.

lol... *Looks at Infamous second son and KZ shadow fall and the order*

Ok, anything you say.

the order? like, that game that hasn't released? infamous is a pretty good example for my point. also, the uncharteds, motorstorm...




”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

KBG29 said:
I just think SCEWWS is head and shoulders above the rest of the development world talent wise, as far as programming goes. Naughty Dog, Gurrilia, Santa Monica, and Polyphony all did things on PS3 that even impressed me when I was running a GTX 460. They just have so much attention to detail, and such great optimization that there games stand out even on well underpowered hardware.

Now I have a GTX 760, and I have yet to play anything on it that impressed me as much as Killzone or InFamous have on PS4. In the next year, I think Sony will release PS4 games that I will never see that GPU pull off. As I have said in other threads I don't expect to start seeing PC graphics take a notable advantage tell 2017 or 2018. At that point the power difference will be starting to grow enough that developers will be able to do more advanced techniques that really set the games apart with out the need to dive deep into the GPU.

Very well said. And this is exactly how I feel too. There is no doubt or arument that if counting transistors, clock frequencies and mem-ban, there will always be a PC combination somehwere that will trump PS4/XB1 with one hand tie behind its back. But in all sincerity, if we are to be honest with eachother, theer is nothing about anything that we see in PC games today that will put the best looking PS4 games to shame or that somehow looks a generation ahead of the PS4. And any PC gamer that still makes such claims is IMO, being heavily biased. And this really all boils down to the level of optimization that goes into console development.

And you are dead on with you projections, it will take at least up to 2017/2018 before we start to see games on PC that will show-off all the hardware advanatages that PCs have over consoles in such a way that it would be easy to say, ok nothing on consoles can touch or do this. And that is because at that point PC hardware will be so powerful that with minimal effort devs will be able to supercede anything that consoles can do. 



PattonFiend said:
Not really. It is at least a couple years behind top-end PC's, unfortunately.


The fact that you are forced to compare it with a top end PC says something.



Sony first party studios are the best in the world.



Around the Network

Graphics may be ok but what about gameplay. You can't judge a game through stills, cutsceens, cgi trailers etc.

 

And if you want really good graphics, you might as well just go to the cinema.

 

Kids this days...



Zero999 said:
Intrinsic said:

lol... *Looks at Infamous second son and KZ shadow fall and the order*

Ok, anything you say.

the order? like, that game that hasn't released? infamous is a pretty good example for my point. also, the uncharteds, motorstorm...

Show me the Infamous downgrades.



Graphics may be ok but what about gameplay? You can't judge a game through stills, cutscenes, cgi trailers etc.

 

And if you want really good graphics, you might as well just go to the cinema.

 

Kids this days...



Zero999 said:
Zekkyou said:

EVERY game has compromises lol. MK8 just has particularly significant IQ ones since they wanted to hit 60fps. If it hadn't compromised anything it would be running at 1080p/60fps/16xMSAA. Heck, if we wanted to get really fancy we could skip out of the 16xMSAA and simply super sample the entire game from UHD. Yet it runs at 720p/60fps/no AA. That is something we call a "compromise"

I've seen the game, it's not missing anything it needs. thus, no compromises were made.

Oh, so if Nintendo had the possibility to make the game 1080p/60fps with AA, while everything else stayed the way it is right now, they would have opted out of that and kept the game 720/60 with no AA? Jesus, do you even realize what kinda bullshit you sometimes write while trying to up talk Nintendo?



DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:
Zekkyou said:

EVERY game has compromises lol. MK8 just has particularly significant IQ ones since they wanted to hit 60fps. If it hadn't compromised anything it would be running at 1080p/60fps/16xMSAA. Heck, if we wanted to get really fancy we could skip out of the 16xMSAA and simply super sample the entire game from UHD. Yet it runs at 720p/60fps/no AA. That is something we call a "compromise"

I've seen the game, it's not missing anything it needs. thus, no compromises were made.

Oh, so if Nintendo had the possibility to make the game 1080p/60fps with AA, while everything else stayed the way it is right now, they would have opted out of that and kept the game 720/60 with no AA? Jesus, do you even realize what kinda bullshit you sometimes write while trying to up talk Nintendo?

I think that post went flying over you head, Sir.