By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

outlawauron said:
Lots of insecurity in this thread.

Lots of insecurity in this forum.

8th gen graphics thus far just looks like more polished 7th gen games to me. I hope to be more impressed in the future.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
outlawauron said:
Lots of insecurity in this thread.

Lots of insecurity in this forum.

8th gen graphics thus far just looks like more polished 7th gen games to me. I hope to be more impressed in the future.

I feel the same way

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

People talk about PC and stuff but the difference is that PC don't have any developer pushing PC boundaries like Sony first parties do with PS3/4.

inb4 crytek.

Crysis 1 was a unoptimized mess that could easily run on that time's PC if Crytek polished the code properly.

Yes High end PCs are more powerful and run multiplats better,but the games are basically console ones running at better framerate/resolution/filters.

The "Raw" graphics are the same as consoles because the games were made to run on consoles in the first place.

But the point is Sony's first parties are known for pushing PS4 to limits that a similar PC(or even better ones) couldn't do it.

MS never pushed X360 as much as Sony did with PS3(or maybe they couldn't because PS3 was more powerfull?) and nintendo like to hide their console's limitations with cell shading and cartoonish art design.

tl;dr: PC is more powerful but there is no Software/big developer that actually push PC to it's limits like Sony's first parties do.

No. A slight resolution bump is all there is. Multiplats have proved this. And PS4 exclusives are not visually superior to these multiplats. All exclusives and multiplats, on both consoles, are similar aside from said resolution bump.

PC is generations superior.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:

No. A slight resolution bump is all there is. Multiplats have proved this. And PS4 exclusives are not visually superior to these multiplats. All exclusives and multiplats, on both consoles, are similar aside from said resolution bump.

Do people not give credits where it's due anymore ? 

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Even as a PC gamer it would be foolish to downplay what Sonys exclusives are pulling off.

AMEN! AMEN!  I have a monster rig, and if you are not impressed by Uncharted 4, InFamous, or Killzone: SF you are seriously silly.  I mean there were parts of Killzone's campaign that felt photorealistic at times.  Only a couple of PC games look that good.

That is why some of us get very annoyed when people say the PS4 is only slightly stronger than the Xbox One.

This. I had to quote you guys. This is as objective as it gets.

e=mc^2

fatslob-:O said:
Solid-Stark said:

Do people not give credits where it's due anymore ? 

Sarcasm in the post I had.

e=mc^2

Solid-Stark said:

Sarcasm in the post I had.

Note to self: It's looks like I have to fix my sarcasm detector ...

PS4 looks phenomenal, was sooo impressed with that Driveclub footage.

As for the PC debate.................Star Citizen

BenVTrigger said:

PS4 looks phenomenal, was sooo impressed with that Driveclub footage.

As for the PC debate.................Star Citizen

Star Citizen definitely looks nice ...