By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

VanceIX said:
shloob said:
Im tired of this behind pc talk, im sporting a gtx 780 ti and although the card may be more powerful than the xbox one and ps4, there aren't any games that look remotely close to that on pc. I would love for someone to show me one, Star citizen looks good but as of right now is nothing special. I've been playing the dog fighting module( arena commander) and the graphics aren't anything to write home about . Skyrim modded doesn't come close to the level of detail in drakes face there and once you run all of those mods to make the game look that good it runs like complete ass. A pc game requires hardware that is far superior just so we can run games like ac IV black flag at a sluggish up and down frame rates. Unfortunately the pc will never hit the level of optimization that consoles can, which is why consoles can get so much more out of so much less. Granted 5 years down the road pc's will start pulling away again once gamers are all sporting the equivalents of titanblack z's where we have to basically just throw massive amount of raw power at a game to get similar results.

You realize we are comparing pre-release cherry-picked footage to games that have been out for a while, right? The fact that Skyrim on PC still manages to look better than any currently released next-gen game is a testament to how much more powerful the high-end PC market is.

Edit: Also, Drake's face was from a cutscene. Whether or not it was being ran in-game doesn't matter, seeing as there was nothing going on to tax the engine. Anyone can make a pretty face, it's keeping that pretty face in the middle of firefights and such that's hard.

And yet I have never seen a game with the richness in detail that The Last of US has, and it isnt even a PS4 game.

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
shloob said:
Im tired of this behind pc talk, im sporting a gtx 780 ti and although the card may be more powerful than the xbox one and ps4, there aren't any games that look remotely close to that on pc. I would love for someone to show me one, Star citizen looks good but as of right now is nothing special. I've been playing the dog fighting module( arena commander) and the graphics aren't anything to write home about . Skyrim modded doesn't come close to the level of detail in drakes face there and once you run all of those mods to make the game look that good it runs like complete ass. A pc game requires hardware that is far superior just so we can run games like ac IV black flag at a sluggish up and down frame rates. Unfortunately the pc will never hit the level of optimization that consoles can, which is why consoles can get so much more out of so much less. Granted 5 years down the road pc's will start pulling away again once gamers are all sporting the equivalents of titanblack z's where we have to basically just throw massive amount of raw power at a game to get similar results.

You realize we are comparing pre-release cherry-picked footage to games that have been out for a while, right? The fact that Skyrim on PC still manages to look better than any currently released next-gen game is a testament to how much more powerful the high-end PC market is.

Edit: Also, Drake's face was from a cutscene. Whether or not it was being ran in-game doesn't matter, seeing as there was nothing going on to tax the engine. Anyone can make a pretty face, it's keeping that pretty face in the middle of firefights and such that's har

Show me some legit video of those amazing skyrim graphics. Not basic skyrim overhauls the full monty that truly amazes everyone. You won't find anything that looks breathtaking in videos that doesn't run at 2 fps, and if you do it won't look any better than Ryse,infamous or killzone. So we can't use pre relase cherry picked footage but will base our argument off of cherry picked still shots of an extremely modded skyrim? Doesn't make very much sense. How about to make things easier we simply do vanilla releases of tru platform exclusives. If that's the case there is no pc only exclusive out that looks better than what the two newgen consoles are putting out currently.

DakonBlackblade said:
VanceIX said:
shloob said:

Edit: Also, Drake's face was from a cutscene. Whether or not it was being ran in-game doesn't matter, seeing as there was nothing going on to tax the engine. Anyone can make a pretty face, it's keeping that pretty face in the middle of firefights and such that's hard.

And yet I have never seen a game with the richness in detail that The Last of US has, and it isnt even a PS4 game.

The ps3 version of the last of us has some horrible textures, it was a fantastic game set in a compelling world but it was lacking richness in detail.

VanceIX said:
shloob said:

Vanilla Skyrim looks like shit.

But Skyrim can run on last-gen midtier PCs (like my laptop), even with many mods in 30 fps, as long as you don't use 2k+ texture mods and High Performance ENB, Vanilla is also horribly optimized and actually more buggy without mods.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

VanceIX said:

Infamous Second Son wan't THAT good looking. I mean, it had some cool effects, but overall it didn't beat Ryse (which I hold as the graphical leader at this point this gen)

Ye it was that good looking, I cant say if it looks better than Ryse or not cause I never played Ryse but I find it very hard to belive Ryse could look better than Second Son and considering the effort youve been putting on your last posts to diss PS4s graphics Im even more inclined to think Ryse doesnt actualy look that good. 

Around the Network

I agree, as of right now Ryse is still the best looking next gen game. That will more than likely change once The Order hits in early next year tho.

shloob said:
VanceIX said:
shloob said:

Edit: Also, Drake's face was from a cutscene. Whether or not it was being ran in-game doesn't matter, seeing as there was nothing going on to tax the engine. Anyone can make a pretty face, it's keeping that pretty face in the middle of firefights and such that's har

Show me some legit video of those amazing skyrim graphics. Not basic skyrim overhauls the full monty that truly amazes everyone. You won't find anything that looks breathtaking in videos that doesn't run at 2 fps, and if you do it won't look any better than Ryse,infamous or killzone. So we can't use pre relase cherry picked footage but will base our argument off of cherry picked still shots of an extremely modded skyrim? Doesn't make very much sense. How about to make things easier we simply do vanilla releases of tru platform exclusives. If that's the case there is no pc only exclusive out that looks better than what the two newgen consoles are putting out currently.

Anyone with a high-end graphics card can get visuals like these. You can use cherry-picked shots from a game, but at least have the tenacity to do one from a game already out, not pre-alpha footage that's meant to simply get people hyped (see: Watch_Dogs).

EDIT: Oh, and you wanted a video? Here's one: 

I'm running that ENB right now, 1080p 60fps, and the sheer size of the world mixed in with the attention to detail in the mod makes it better looking than any current next-gen game, period.

DakonBlackblade said:

Once again, TLOU was pretty, but it was designed as a cinematic linear game, which allowed ND to put much more emphasis into graphics. You won't see those visuals in a more open game, period.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:
DakonBlackblade said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Until I see gameplay in motion with these sorts of graphics(for myself and hands on). I will not jump on the bandwagon lol

When/If that day comes, then I shall join and hop on the bandwagon and we can all ride off into the sunset :D

Have you played/seen Infamous Second Son ? Cause it looks exactly like those gifs.

Infamous Second Son wan't THAT good looking. I mean, it had some cool effects, but overall it didn't beat Ryse (which I hold as the graphical leader at this point this gen)

Pre-downgrade I'd be inclined to agree, but retail release, no way. Especially if they released at the same time. Then again lighting, is much more important/noticeable for me then model fidelity. Ryse has better modelling but compared to ISS its diminishing returns, and if we are talking lighting, ISS wins that hands down, let alone reso, draw distance, particle fx, etc.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

DakonBlackblade said:
VanceIX said:

Ye it was that good looking, I cant say if it looks better than Ryse or not cause I never played Ryse but I find it very hard to belive Ryse could look better than Second Son and considering the effort youve been putting on your last posts to diss PS4s graphics Im even more inclined to think Ryse doesnt actualy look that good. 

I own a PS4 and I don't own an Xbox One. Only difference is that I won't praise the PS4 for things it doesn't have. Ryse is a terrible game overall, but it has the best visuals to-date of any next-gen game (accomplished by forsaking every other game aspect).

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Pre-downgrade I'd be inclined to agree, but retail release, no way. Especially if they released at the same time. Then again lighting, is much more important/noticeable for me then model fidelity. Ryse has better modelling but compared to ISS its diminishing returns, and if we are talking lighting, ISS wins that hands down, let alone reso, draw distance, particle fx, etc.

Lighting is leaps and bounds ahead in SS, I agree. I just felt Ryse was more pleasing to the eye overall.