By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - inFamous: Second Son Review Thread

DanneSandin said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
DanneSandin said:
Wow, is this what people call a flop? Stop with the clickbait already!!

So, I'm not a Sony loyalist, so I'm wondering what this talk about Adam Sessler is all about? Only weird score I've seen from him is Forza which got a 5/5....

Sessler has a small but noticable Xbox Bias. He doesn't outright white knight for MS, but he frequently tries to level the playing field between Xbox and Playstation, microsoft apologist etc..., and so during the DRM fiasco he was one of the journalist saying MS wasn't so much in the wrong, we should let them explain themselves, drm always on might be a good thing we  don't know, and we don't know what sony would do. This is was before the revesal. After it, he didn't even mention it and he's done the same for all the other GateFiascos.

He was just as Biased last gen but since he was an american journalist and the 360 was holding its own in the U.S, it was more stealthly than it is now.

He also barely even acknoledges Nintendo. So Adam Sessler has little credibility now a days, back then he was actually good at his job if a bit biased.

He's just running on legacy now.

I've only seen him on rev3, so I have nothing else to compare with. But I know he had some critizism to dish out to Ryse as wel... What else has he said/done to make him biased? I'm quite curious.

But I've noticed rev3 doesn't cover anything Nintendo actually. No Pokemon or Zelda review for 3DS. No Mario or Donkey Kong review for Wii U...

Yeah, he is stealth biased, that with exclusives he'll seem fair, but as some one said earlier. He was one of the most vocal proponents of 1080p/60 fps, but after Resogate, he stopped talking about it. He is biases are small but its magnified by the fact that hes a gaming journalist with basically his own channel sponsored by Discovery.

He is an Xbox Apologist.

He's made numerous flawed attempts to equalize the PS4 and X1.

Just watching Rev 3 though, I doubt he can have as much sway because Tara Long is more of a Sony Fan, so they probably balance out.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
DanneSandin said:

I've only seen him on rev3, so I have nothing else to compare with. But I know he had some critizism to dish out to Ryse as wel... What else has he said/done to make him biased? I'm quite curious.

But I've noticed rev3 doesn't cover anything Nintendo actually. No Pokemon or Zelda review for 3DS. No Mario or Donkey Kong review for Wii U...

Yeah, he is stealth biased, that with exclusives he'll seem fair, but as some one said earlier. He was one of the most vocal proponents of 1080p/60 fps, but after Resogate, he stopped talking about it. He is biases are small but its magnified by the fact that hes a gaming journalist with basically his own channel sponsored by Discovery.

He is an Xbox Apologist.

He's made numerous flawed attempts to equalize the PS4 and X1.

Just watching Rev 3 though, I doubt he can have as much sway because Tara Long is more of a Sony Fan, so they probably balance out.

Man, seems like they need a Nintendo fan as well ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Lafiel said:
CladInShadows said:
I'm expecting somewhere around 80-85. Seems to be just on the cusp at the moment. Regardless, I still haven't played the first two so I intend on taking care of that first before getting this game.

I platinumed both and I think it's not necessary to play both, because they are really similar games. The story in 1 is better, while 2 is better at pretty much everything else, so my advice would be to watch the story scenes from 1 and then play part 2.

Yeah, I just have this thing where I really need to finish prior games before playing a new one.  I rarely deviate from this.

for those who don't like Meta's weighting system, use gamerankings. They generally are a little slower getting up new reviews but they use a straight average and show two decimal points.

Currently 80.90 with 29 reviews: http://www.gamerankings.com/ps4/704525-infamous-second-son/index.html

Ka-pi96 said:
Normchacho said:
Barozi said:
Normchacho said:

I don't like that at all...Just because a site is more popular doesn't make them any more reliable. God I hate Metacritic...

More popular sites are often more consistent with their ratings and less biased.

Didn't know it was weighted before but I think that is a great way to do it.

But it isn't Metacritics job to decide who is trustworthy or not. That's for the player to decide. Everybody has there couple of sources that they trust and a couple of sources they know they don't. It's not just based on bias but on how a typical publication reviews a certain type of game.

A person may like IGN because they find that IGN reviews games in a way that lines up with how the person feels. Another person could trust Eurogamer for the same reason while not trusting IGN at all.

Metacritic is supposed to be nothing more than a collection or reviews with a statistial average slapped on top to give a general idea on how the game is reviewed.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
CladInShadows said:
Lafiel said:
CladInShadows said:
I'm expecting somewhere around 80-85. Seems to be just on the cusp at the moment. Regardless, I still haven't played the first two so I intend on taking care of that first before getting this game.

I platinumed both and I think it's not necessary to play both, because they are really similar games. The story in 1 is better, while 2 is better at pretty much everything else, so my advice would be to watch the story scenes from 1 and then play part 2.

Yeah, I just have this thing where I really need to finish prior games before playing a new one.  I rarely deviate from this.

I totally understand that, I'm the same way. That's why I recently finished MGS3, so that I can start playing MGS4, which I received as a present about 3 years ago ;). Yet with Infamous 1+2, well, the games really feel incredibly similar to me.

I was hoping for about an 85.

It's not doing bad though. As I said in the titanfall thread, an 87 is a great score. An 81 is still really good as of late. Still though it better stay north of 79. Even though that would be just a couple points worse, it just feels like a much worse score.

Yep, definitely adding this to my sig.

foodfather said:
Yep, definitely adding this to my sig.

Is that a good or bad thing? And adding what exactly? You confuse me with some of your posts at time sir lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Zekkyou said:
Barozi said:
Normchacho said:

I've been reading through some of the reviews, seems to be that it's an inFamous game. 80 seems about right.

O.P. 79 is a flop and 80 isn't? What?

P.S. Metacritic shows the game at 80 but I just did the math and it comes out to 81.375...So that would be an 81...why is the Metacritic average different from the actual average?

It's a weighted average, so they give reviews from sites that have a higher popularity a bit more weight than other, lesser known sites.

Otherwise Quarter to Three would have an even bigger impact

Pretty good way of doing it. It does lend a bit too much "power" to the bigger sites, but it's good to know that click bait from obscure reviewers aren't as damaging.

using a median would be even better