Forums - Gaming Discussion - inFamous: Second Son Review Thread

vivster said:
Aerys said:
vivster said:
So it currently is like this

Infamous 1 85
Infamous 2 83
Infamous 3 81

With the general consensus that Infamous 1 had major problems, Infamous 2 was better and Infamous 3 is the best of the series. Reviewers are great people.

People who trust blindly metascore or think less than 75 cant be a good game are even worse than  reviewers.

We know gaming industry is dead when metascore become a decisive purchase argument.

Why are you directing this at me?

I said the scores are rubbish, I even showed why they are. I read some of the reviews and the gameplay and visuals are a blast with the only gripes being sub standard story and less interesting side quests. The latter 2 things are completely irrelevant to me and my love for open world. Frankly I don't understand why anyone bothers with story in an open world game since that's obviously not the focus.

Also I don't purchase based on reviews. My mind is long made up before even reading reviews.

Wasnt directing aat you, just related to your post ;)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

So after reading the reviews it sounds like I'm going to absolutely LOVE this game.

Infamous 1 and 2 were some of my favorite games on PS3, so much so that I platinumed Infamous 1, and its not often I go for a Plat trophy.

So as others have said sounds like if you were a big fan of the first 2 you'll be all over this. If you didn't like the other 2 then it might not be for you.

Aerys said:
vivster said:
Aerys said:
vivster said:
So it currently is like this

Infamous 1 85
Infamous 2 83
Infamous 3 81

With the general consensus that Infamous 1 had major problems, Infamous 2 was better and Infamous 3 is the best of the series. Reviewers are great people.

People who trust blindly metascore or think less than 75 cant be a good game are even worse than  reviewers.

We know gaming industry is dead when metascore become a decisive purchase argument.

Why are you directing this at me?

I said the scores are rubbish, I even showed why they are. I read some of the reviews and the gameplay and visuals are a blast with the only gripes being sub standard story and less interesting side quests. The latter 2 things are completely irrelevant to me and my love for open world. Frankly I don't understand why anyone bothers with story in an open world game since that's obviously not the focus.

Also I don't purchase based on reviews. My mind is long made up before even reading reviews.

Wasnt directing aat you, just related to your post ;)

Well all good then.

Good day, Sir :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

BenVTrigger said:
So after reading the reviews it sounds like I'm going to absolutely LOVE this game.

Infamous 1 and 2 were some of my favorite games on PS3, so much so that I platinumed Infamous 1, and its not often I go for a Plat trophy.

So as others have said sounds like if you were a big fan of the first 2 you'll be all over this. If you didn't like the other 2 then it might not be for you.

That's the vibe I'm getting to. It plays like inFAMOUS, so I'll love it. Always been a huge fan of the inFAMOUS series. Only platinum I have is inFAMOUS 2 and I think inFAMOUS 1 is at like 90%...Those darn blast shards are so hard to find in the first game!

Not bad reviews I can live with a 81. I'll get it when it comes on sale.

Around the Network
think-man said:
So it looks like it's reviewing around the same as the first 2, I guessed between 80-85 for meta. You could just tell by the gameplay that not much had changed, If you're an infamous fan then you'll love it, if you're not then there isn't much to see here.

But why do games like FPS and FIFA get away with it? 

I know there's only so much you can change about a football game as you're bound by realism(to an extent at least), but is it really necessary for yearly releases lol? A simple patch could solve most problems(i.e. up to date team rosters, etc)

I feel some genres can get away with more than other genres. Reviewers are often very strict against jrpgs for example, completely ignoring the fact that those games are made for a Japanese audience. I can imagine Japanese reviews being much better for such games. 

Pretty sure both Ethomaz and Turskish had to change theri signatures several times, to avoid fueling the console war. Yet a signature making fun of Sony fans in the most obvious way is fine. VGC logic I guess. 

Yeah obviously you do not really see my post too often. I get on Sony/ MS/Nin all the same for childish things. Matter of fact I just recently in the stock topic Kowen posted said I get why Sony fans get a bad rep because of one or two in there just derailing the thread for no reason. Didn't see you say anything about that? But of course not on that would look like I don't just play one side of the field. But hey it's cool to just make an assumption just because someone fan they are the same as others who do silly stull...VGC logic I guess...

Em, seems like you misunderstood what I was saying. I was trying to back you up. That's all. I made no assumptions about you. I was only referring to the foodguy having a signature which only fuels the console wars (and by the sounds of it he wants to make it more flamebait). It's like me going to an ms game thread which mentions that the game doesn't run in 1080p and go "oh, another game to put in my sig" while having a signature of angry ms fans looking at the list of xbo games with lower than 1080p resolution. As far as I'm concerned neither fanbase deserves a worse bad rep than the other. People derail threads from both fanbases. 

My bad man lol. I just get tired of the people on this forum turning EVERYTHING into a war. Do the same silly stuff everyone else does then complain about it when it happens to them. It is just mind boggling at times lol. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23