By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - inFamous: Second Son Review Thread

As someone who owns Titanfall, and got an early copy of Infamous 3 days ago (I was answering questions in threads yesterday so if you have any non-plot spoiling questions I'll be glad to answer now) I can say you cannot directly compare the two. 1) They are different genres and 2) I feel they are different generations. What I mean by that is I think Titanfall is a good game, nothing spectacular, but one of the better games I've played recently. I do think it got off a little too easily in reviews for its bare-bone features, but I do not have any complaints of where its metacritic range is. That being said, I still feel like it was a game that could have been released on PS3/360 last gen and fit right in. It is for that reason I have yet to feel my One purchase was justified. SS is the first game I have played to date that made me feel it was not possible to be on a last-gen platform, and thus validated my PS4 purchase. So I don't think you can compare the two directly number wise, if I had to say of the two the one I think was a better overall package I'd go with Infamous. So again any questions feel free to ask.

Around the Network
Figgycal said:

Reviews are coming in a day early.

81 meta!! :)

Here is what you predicted: 

Thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=180055

Reviews are still being added, but it looks like you were way off.

Actual reviews:

Rev3 - 3/5

Gamespot - 8/10

Eurogamer - 7/10

Destructoid 9.5

Gameinformer - 8.5

DualShockers - 9.5/10

Gametrailers - 8.8/10

The sixth axis - 9/10

Joystiq - 4.5/5

IGN - 8.7/10

Edge - 7/10

**Metro game central - 6/10

Kotaku - YES

Videogamer - 7.0/10

That should be enough reviews for now, I think.

I've had mine abot 6-7 hours now. Its a solid 8-8.5 from me. If your a fan of the series you will love it even more. Amazing graphics especially on a 55" TV! Wipes the floor with Ryse in every way possible!

I knew it. People are still not able to grasp the epicness of Infamous.

Still amazed how people care about story in an open world game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Meh reviews are solidifying my personal decision to go Xbone before PS4. Seems people have issues with the story and last gen gameplay, exactly what I was worried about watching gameplay videos. I mean hey it looks pretty but does it PLAY any different than Infamous on PS3? Apparently not.

It is interesting to ntoe the differences between us two fans. Xbox fans knew Titanfalls lack of campaign would hurt its meta so we predicted 85-89 bracket. We nailed it.

PS fans, instead of using metacritic scores of Infamous 1 and 2, they predict 90+. lol....guys, history is your friend.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Meh reviews are solidifying my personal decision to go Xbone before PS4. Seems people have issues with the story and last gen gameplay, exactly what I was worried about watching gameplay videos. I mean hey it looks pretty but does it PLAY any different than Infamous on PS3? Apparently not.

Does Titanfall play any different than last gen FPS?

Yet that game has 87% on Metacritic just because it's a hyped FPS. Most overrated genre ever.

Anyway, it seems professional reviewers aren't as generous with their scores this gen, I hope this continues. Way too many games got an 90%+ metacritic score last gen. Especially on the XBOX360/PS3. In no way do yearly rehashes like FIFA deserve anything close to 90%. 

J_Allard said:

I suppose "last gen gameplay" and "next gen gameplay" are going to become the new completely meaningless buzzwords of the game industry.

sales2099 said:

It is interesting to ntoe the differences between us two fans. Xbox fans knew Titanfalls lack of campaign would hurt its meta so we predicted 85-89 bracket. We nailed it.

PS fans, instead of using metacritic scores of Infamous 1 and 2, they predict 90+. lol....guys, history is your friend.

You really wanna go there? Have we forgottten Forza 5 already?

I knew it, the game would score between 80-85 like the previous games. Looks like a new underrated game in the franchise :(

J_Allard said:

Infamous is awesome on PS3. You don't fix what ain't broken. Super Mario Galaxy didn't feature any massive upgrades from Super Mario 64, yet it ended up as one of the greatest games ever made. Infamous Second Son isn't a massive evolution for the series, but it does look like it's improving and refining the formula, and that's more than enough for me.  

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!