By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - inFamous: Second Son Review Thread

TheBlackNaruto said:
Euphoria14 said:

Yeah, bt it is only a 81/100. That means the game is no good. It is clearly sig worthy. /s

Yeah I see now....it is just better to ignors some posts all together I guess.

Indeed. Best way to combat that style of posting is to ignore it.

So he wants to make a sig for no other reason than to try and stir up shit. Let him. Just make sure he doesn't get the satisfaction of a reaction.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
FATALITY said:
DerNebel said:
Kyuu said:
foodfather said:
Yep, definitely adding this to my sig.

If you do that, I will put Fighter Within's Metacritic as my sig!! I warned you bro!

You could just compare it to the X1s exclusive open world game, or if you want to be really pedantic you could compare it to all of the X1s real exclusives and see how it stacks up agains them. :D

so FORZA and...

Dead Rising and Killer Instinct and Ryse and... wait all these games are "worse" than Infamous according to metacritic, interesting :D 

Fusioncode said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
lucidium said:
jlmurph2 said:
Ouch on that Rev3 review. Inb4 people calling Adam Sessler a joke.

Not to be devils advocate here, but he has consistently shown a clear bias for quite some time now.

I wouldn't called Sessler biased in the respect of what he finds to be at odds with InFamous: Second Sons story. He seems to know what hes talking about when he comes to progression, character relationships and more.

He clearly had no problems with Titanfall's half-assed story, so yes I'd say he's a bit biased. 

Titanfall is pretty much all gameplay. InFamous is a storybased games where your actions lead should have visible or at least omenous weight on the story. I'll have the game tomorrow so I can speak further on it. InFamous is still a must have, but it lacks qualities in a story that should be responsive to your actions. InFamous has always had slight issues in the story even though the story was well above average. They need to learn how to tie in the weight of your actions more. Titanfall soars where its focus is based on and that is multiplayer gameplay.

like expected. great graphics and the rest is good but not better than in other good games.

pretty much like every good new gen game right now, great for fans but nothing you need a new console for. maybe i will stay an old gen and pc gamer for a while lol.

DerNebel said:
FATALITY said:
DerNebel said:
Kyuu said:
foodfather said:
Yep, definitely adding this to my sig.

If you do that, I will put Fighter Within's Metacritic as my sig!! I warned you bro!

You could just compare it to the X1s exclusive open world game, or if you want to be really pedantic you could compare it to all of the X1s real exclusives and see how it stacks up agains them. :D

so FORZA and...

Dead Rising and Killer Instinct and Ryse and... wait all these games are "worse" than Infamous according to metacritic, interesting :D 

Most of Micrsofts games are being made by outsiders, including some of their first party that they bought. As if it wasn't enough of a testament to their lack of creativity.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Yeah I see now....it is just better to ignors some posts all together I guess.

Indeed. Best way to combat that style of posting is to ignore it.

So he wants to make a sig for no other reason than to try and stir up shit. Let him. Just make sure he doesn't get the satisfaction of a reaction.

exactly, the majority of them just craves for attention and the only way they learned to get it is to try to make others feel bad

I pity that kind, yet interacting with them is utterly useless, so I try not to

Well i've to admit that in the first place i was a bit disappointed since i expected something closer from the 90 zone. I realy enjoyed the 1st inFamous and i had high hopes for this one.

But after reading some of your posts i tend to agree, even 80 is still a good score for such a game. It's funny how scores looks worse than they actually are when they are out of 100. With an order of size of 10 it already looks way better. 8/10 is a good score. 9/10 and 10/10 should only be for the amazing/incredible games. Moreover i don't want that games get great scores only based on the graphics. It matter but shouldn't be over the other criteria.

So it seems fair enough, that was probably their ambitions anyway and i don't think they could really have done much better with the time and budget they had. And it's true that the inFamous franchise is a bit limited when it comes to the storyline and the variety of missions. But it's just like that with this kind of games. If they would have try to play in the same category than GTA and make more variety, a complex storyline, and more stuffs to do in the city it's very likely that we would have had to wait for years. Or we wouldn't have had a technicaly well finished game.

At the end of day, the sales will be very good and most of the players will have fun and will enjoy it. Sony will be satisfied, i bet they prefer this kind of results than big projects with ridiculous high development budget like The Last Guardian which take ages to be released. And then even if it finally comes out one day and get a 90+ on metacritic would still make them lose much money.

So after checking other scores on Metacritic, inFamous is the highest rated AAA next gen/ console exclusive game on PS4 or Xbox One. Some failure

i am genuinely shocked that in this day and age, a game getting between 80-85 is considered disappointing..
I prefer the old scale i used as a kid when reading magazines.
"0-50" - I'll play it but only if its cheap
"50-60" - I want to play this!
"60-100" - Time to die piggybank!

And that was when i even bothered to look at scores, most times I would make my purchases based on the screenshots on the back of the box, or when those were not visible (yey casettes), I could pick a game entirely on the boxart.

"Gamers" these days are a bunch of whining entitled morons.

lucidium said:
i am genuinely shocked that in this day and age, a game getting between 80-85 is considered disappointing..
I prefer the old scale i used as a kid when reading magazines.
"0-50" - I'll play it but only if its cheap
"50-60" - I want to play this!
"60-100" - Time to die piggybank!

And that was when i even bothered to look at scores, most times I would make my purchases based on the screenshots on the back of the box, or when those were not visible (yey casettes), I could pick a game entirely on the boxart.

"Gamers" these days are a bunch of whining entitled morons.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.