By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - inFamous: Second Son Review Thread

Tiny bit lower than I thought, but overall not bad at all and pretty much in line with the other games in the series.

Around the Network
MyCodenameIsIan said:
Edge is probably the score with the most prestige in the UK.

Some people say they are hipsters or whatever for being too harsh.  I'm a long term subscriber to their mag and I think they do the best written reviews that I've seen.  A 7 from them is good.

Normchacho said:
I've been reading through some of the reviews, seems to be that it's an inFamous game. 80 seems about right.

O.P. 79 is a flop and 80 isn't? What?

P.S. Metacritic shows the game at 80 but I just did the math and it comes out to 81.375...So that would be an 81...why isn't the Metacritic average different from the actual average?

I think it's because some sites have more weight to them in comparison to others. Let's say for example an 87 from IGN means more than an 87 from NowGamer.

CladInShadows said:
I'm expecting somewhere around 80-85. Seems to be just on the cusp at the moment. Regardless, I still haven't played the first two so I intend on taking care of that first before getting this game.

I platinumed both and I think it's not necessary to play both, because they are really similar games. The story in 1 is better, while 2 is better at pretty much everything else, so my advice would be to watch the story scenes from 1 and then play part 2.

Anyone had their mind changed because of the reviews?

Around the Network

As expected by how bland the character looks i didn't expect it to score highly. Wonder how good the story is compared to the previous games.

Normchacho said:

I've been reading through some of the reviews, seems to be that it's an inFamous game. 80 seems about right.

O.P. 79 is a flop and 80 isn't? What?

P.S. Metacritic shows the game at 80 but I just did the math and it comes out to 81.375...So that would be an 81...why is the Metacritic average different from the actual average?

It's a weighted average, so they give reviews from sites that have a higher popularity a bit more weight than other, lesser known sites.

Otherwise Quarter to Three would have an even bigger impact

Normchacho said:
OttoniBastos said:
I'm sad because i know polygon and adam sessler will destroy this game! and the metacritic will fall down

Polygon gave it an 85. Adam sessler was upset it was an infamous game.

Well if polygon gave an 8.5 for a ps exclusive this must be the game of generation. 12/10

Edge really aren't too keen about the infamous series are they xD a 6, 7 and 7 from 1 - 3.

OttoniBastos said:
Normchacho said:
OttoniBastos said:
I'm sad because i know polygon and adam sessler will destroy this game! and the metacritic will fall down

Polygon gave it an 85. Adam sessler was upset it was an infamous game.

Well if polygon gave an 8.5 for a ps exclusive this must be the game of generation. 12/10

I'm assuming it's a ploy to try and regain a modicum of credibility when it comes to non-Microsoft games.