By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - inFamous: Second Son Review Thread

DanneSandin said:
Wow, is this what people call a flop? Stop with the clickbait already!!

So, I'm not a Sony loyalist, so I'm wondering what this talk about Adam Sessler is all about? Only weird score I've seen from him is Forza which got a 5/5....

Sessler has a small but noticable Xbox Bias. He doesn't outright white knight for MS, but he frequently tries to level the playing field between Xbox and Playstation, microsoft apologist etc..., and so during the DRM fiasco he was one of the journalist saying MS wasn't so much in the wrong, we should let them explain themselves, drm always on might be a good thing we  don't know, and we don't know what sony would do. This is was before the revesal. After it, he didn't even mention it and he's done the same for all the other GateFiascos.

He was just as Biased last gen but since he was an american journalist and the 360 was holding its own in the U.S, it was more stealthly than it is now.

He also barely even acknoledges Nintendo. So Adam Sessler has little credibility now a days, back then he was actually good at his job if a bit biased.

He's just running on legacy now.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Edge is probably the score with the most prestige in the UK.

#SaveShenmue

Top 5 Most Anticipated Games:

- Quantum Break
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Destiny
- The Division
- Final Fantasy XV

81 now on 46 reviews.

I'm sad because i know polygon and adam sessler will destroy this game! and the metacritic will fall down

I've been reading through some of the reviews, seems to be that it's an inFamous game. 80 seems about right.

O.P. 79 is a flop and 80 isn't? What?

P.S. Metacritic shows the game at 80 but I just did the math and it comes out to 81.375...So that would be an 81...why is the Metacritic average different from the actual average?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Aerys said:
kowenicki said:
Aerys said:
I guess only FPS work nowadays in america.

all these reviews are form the US?

Most of them are, and the most relevant in score. Metacritic score is mostly made by american reviews.

Edge (UK, last 3 reviews)

Dark Souls II : 9

Metal Gear GZ : 9

inFamous : 7

The EDGE review is an interesting read, seems fair.  They are just unhappy at the lack of variety of game play and basic errors, such as repetitive scenery.

edge, what else ?

+ how can you say it's fair ? You played the game ? Other reviews say the gameplay has a lot of variety so...

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

OttoniBastos said:
I'm sad because i know polygon and adam sessler will destroy this game! and the metacritic will fall down

Polygon gave it an 85. Adam sessler was upset it was an infamous game.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Aerys said:
kowenicki said:
Aerys said:
kowenicki said:
Aerys said:
I guess only FPS work nowadays in america.

all these reviews are form the US?

Most of them are, and the most relevant in score. Metacritic score is mostly made by american reviews.

Edge (UK, last 3 reviews)

Dark Souls II : 9

Metal Gear GZ : 9

inFamous : 7

The EDGE review is an interesting read, seems fair.  They are just unhappy at the lack of variety of game play and basic errors, such as repetitive scenery.

edge, what else ?

+ how can you say it's fair ? You played the game ? Other reviews say the gameplay has a lot of variety so...

Consider the source...

Normchacho said:
I've been reading through some of the reviews, seems to be that it's an inFamous game. 80 seems about right.

O.P. 79 is a flop and 80 isn't? What?

P.S. Metacritic shows the game at 80 but I just did the math and it comes out to 81.375...So that would be an 81...why isn't the Metacritic average different from the actual average?

Refresh the meta page.