By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - inFamous: Second Son Review Thread

I guess only FPS work nowadays in america.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:
EB1994 said:
Torillian said:
EB1994 said:
Reviewers comparing inFAMOUS to GTA V now. 2 year project with 100 people Vs. 5 year project with 300+ people.

WTF?

Do you really think that development time and the workforce of the developer should be something that comes into play for reviews?  If GTAV is the apex of open world gaming then that's what inFamous should be compared to assuming that's the type of game it's trying to be.  Unfortunately I don't think the inFaous games are ever going to have the kind of variety that GTA does because that's not their main focus, but if doing the same missions again and again gets boring then that should be taken into account. 

Clearly, it wasn't taken into account for GTA V. Because you know, games journalism.

Games journalist are not the problem...  fanboys who are emotionally invested in a company and can't stand when a exclusive get critized are the problem.

That's great, maybe you should redirect your reply to other people, cause this is clearly not the case for me. I was hoping that games like Killzone actually got a lower metacritic because it was utter shit.

If you think I'm "invested" in a company then you are mistake, as I could care less about the company itself. I just feel reviewers are unfairly reviewing inFAMOUS by comparing it to the likes of GTA. I'm not surprised, they gave inFAMOUS 2 a lower score when it was a much better game than inFAMOUS 1.

Anyone remember this comment?

The Globe and Mail (Toronto) is an obscure site to launch a click bait. 7/10

lol :)

wolfofthepack said:
mornelithe said:
jlmurph2 said:
EB1994 said:
Reviewers comparing inFAMOUS to GTA V now. 2 year project with 100 people Vs. 5 year project with 300+ people.

WTF?

If you have the balls to make an open world game, no matter the amount of time, it will be compared to the best open world game. 

When was it compared to Stalker? ;)

thank u! gta cant and would never b imo

Yeah, Stalker may have had a few bugs here and there (mostly Clear Skies), but as open world games go, there is really nothing that compares to the story, gameplay, AI complexity, etc..

Torillian said:
EB1994 said:

Clearly, it wasn't taken into account for GTA V. Because you know, games journalism.

To be fair, it's difficult to figure out exactly why something like GTA doesn't get hit with similar complaints since more than half the game seems to just be driving from plac to place and missions are largely similar in gameplay, but I also know that I've played through GTAV and I didn't find it repetitive for whatever reason.  

Maybe it's all about the set up, sure many of the missions in GTA were the same overall gameplay but the background and storyline to each one is different and that helps to make it interesting instead of just going to 12 different districts and doing the same missions again and again.  It sounds similar to the issues the first Assassin's Creed had where every assassination you had to do some crappy little side things in order to gather information and they tainted an otherwise enjoyable title.  InFamous just needs to work on having more to do around this open world they created.  At the moment it's more like a linear title that happens to be set in an open world.  That's enjoyable no doubt, but you can't give people an open world to screw around in and then not much to do within it, that is practically always going to get complaints.  

I think the answer is pretty clear. People get way overhyped for a GTA game every single time it launches. Happened with GTA IV and GTA V. Also, gives a GTA game a lower score and you run the risk of not getting an early review copy from Rockstar. Imagine the hit your site will take when you don't have a GTA review up as early as everyone else. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Figgycal said:
celador said:
Wow critical flop added to the title. That's interesting

I just want to spare us from having 10 different threads saying it is a flop. I'm doing us all a favor here.

might want to stick this in the OP.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=180055

Beautiful. 

EB1994 said:
jlmurph2 said:
EB1994 said:

WTF?

If you have the balls to make an open world game, no matter the amount of time, it will be compared to the best open world game. 

I'm just saying don't expect the level of detail found in GTA V to be in inFAMOUS. Should I be saying that GTA V sucks now because I can't use super powers like in inFAMOUS? No, because that's not what GTA V was going for. It's unfair to compair the two, just because they are open world. Other than that, they are LITERALLY completely different games. 

Then watch Gametrailers review, they don't compare it with GTA V but add that the side missions are hardly entertaining..

GamechaserBE said:
EB1994 said:

I'm just saying don't expect the level of detail found in GTA V to be in inFAMOUS. Should I be saying that GTA V sucks now because I can't use super powers like in inFAMOUS? No, because that's not what GTA V was going for. It's unfair to compair the two, just because they are open world. Other than that, they are LITERALLY completely different games. 

Then watch Gametrailers review, they don't compare it with GTA V but add that the side missions are hardly entertaining..

Sure, after you actually READ my comment. I didn't say EVERY reviewer is comparing it to GTA V.

Good day.

kowenicki said:
Figgycal said:
celador said:
Wow critical flop added to the title. That's interesting

I just want to spare us from having 10 different threads saying it is a flop. I'm doing us all a favor here.

Thanks I was looking for this.

kowenicki said:

Anonymous polls are hardly an accurate depiction of what people really think. Fanboys just vote a super high score regardless of what they actually expect.

Looking at comments it's falling pretty nicely into peoples expectations (including my own).