By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - inFamous: Second Son Review Thread

I'm expecting somewhere around 80-85. Seems to be just on the cusp at the moment. Regardless, I still haven't played the first two so I intend on taking care of that first before getting this game.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
EB1994 said:
Reviewers comparing inFAMOUS to GTA V now. 2 year project with 100 people Vs. 5 year project with 300+ people.

WTF?

If you have the balls to make an open world game, no matter the amount of time, it will be compared to the best open world game. 

When was it compared to Stalker? ;)

I expected around 80-85, so nothing surprising, it will be a success for basically a "launch next gen game" delayed a few months.

I understand why so many call this game "last gen gameplay". Basically is a next gen visual game, with a conservative gameplay game. And gameplay is not just only the way you play with the character, it's the missions, side-missions, good/evil choosing, etc....Everything looks like something made 10 years ago already, and it seems doesn't have a really good story either.

Basically Infamous Second Son, seems to be a simple but very fun game, with gorgeus and spectacular graphics, with a likeable protagonist but uninspiring story. That's for me 7/10 or 8/10 material.

Wow, is this what people call a flop? Stop with the clickbait already!!

So, I'm not a Sony loyalist, so I'm wondering what this talk about Adam Sessler is all about? Only weird score I've seen from him is Forza which got a 5/5....

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

EB1994 said:
Torillian said:
EB1994 said:
Reviewers comparing inFAMOUS to GTA V now. 2 year project with 100 people Vs. 5 year project with 300+ people.

WTF?

Do you really think that development time and the workforce of the developer should be something that comes into play for reviews?  If GTAV is the apex of open world gaming then that's what inFamous should be compared to assuming that's the type of game it's trying to be.  Unfortunately I don't think the inFaous games are ever going to have the kind of variety that GTA does because that's not their main focus, but if doing the same missions again and again gets boring then that should be taken into account. 

Clearly, it wasn't taken into account for GTA V. Because you know, games journalism.

To be fair, it's difficult to figure out exactly why something like GTA doesn't get hit with similar complaints since more than half the game seems to just be driving from plac to place and missions are largely similar in gameplay, but I also know that I've played through GTAV and I didn't find it repetitive for whatever reason.  

Maybe it's all about the set up, sure many of the missions in GTA were the same overall gameplay but the background and storyline to each one is different and that helps to make it interesting instead of just going to 12 different districts and doing the same missions again and again.  It sounds similar to the issues the first Assassin's Creed had where every assassination you had to do some crappy little side things in order to gather information and they tainted an otherwise enjoyable title.  InFamous just needs to work on having more to do around this open world they created.  At the moment it's more like a linear title that happens to be set in an open world.  That's enjoyable no doubt, but you can't give people an open world to screw around in and then not much to do within it, that is practically always going to get complaints.  

Around the Network

The game has already received a patch?

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/infamous_second_son/news/infamous_second_sons_day_one_patch_adds_19_new_missions_5_hours_of_additional_gameplay.html

Sounds good though

EB1994 said:
Torillian said:
EB1994 said:

WTF?

Do you really think that development time and the workforce of the developer should be something that comes into play for reviews?  If GTAV is the apex of open world gaming then that's what inFamous should be compared to assuming that's the type of game it's trying to be.  Unfortunately I don't think the inFaous games are ever going to have the kind of variety that GTA does because that's not their main focus, but if doing the same missions again and again gets boring then that should be taken into account. 

Clearly, it wasn't taken into account for GTA V. Because you know, games journalism.

Games journalist are not the problem...  fanboys who are emotionally invested in a company and can't stand when a exclusive get critized are the problem.

cura said:
The game has already received a patch?

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/infamous_second_son/news/infamous_second_sons_day_one_patch_adds_19_new_missions_5_hours_of_additional_gameplay.html

Sounds good though

It's episodic content, plus Cole's Legacy missions (preorder), the episodic content has to do with the Infamous Paper Trail, viral campaign.

Good stuff. I hope it stays above 80 metacritic. It's a shame it falls into the usual same mistakes that the old and alot of sandbox games fall into. I'm still looking forward to it and I have changed my hype accordingly.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

mornelithe said:
jlmurph2 said:
EB1994 said:

WTF?

If you have the balls to make an open world game, no matter the amount of time, it will be compared to the best open world game. 

When was it compared to Stalker? ;)

thank u! gta cant and would never b imo