By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - inFamous: Second Son Review Thread

Dark_Feanor said:
Did any review remove points for the lack of multiplayer?

Not that I have seen, probably because it lasts longer then 4 hours..

Around the Network

It's obvious the press is using a different rating for next games, and i'm very happy for that. Basically now a 75-80 on metacritic is what a 85-90 was last gen.

Figgycal said:
celador said:
Wow critical flop added to the title. That's interesting

I just want to spare us from having 10 different threads saying it is a flop. I'm doing us all a favor here.

Since when is 80 a flop ? If thats the case we have what 2,3 games that arent a flop per year ?

kowenicki said:
Aerys said:
I guess only FPS work nowadays in america.

all these reviews are form the US?

Most of them are, and the most relevant in score. Metacritic score is mostly made by american reviews.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Blood_Tears said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Did any review remove points for the lack of multiplayer?

Not that I have seen, probably because it lasts longer then 4 hours..

Banderas.gif

Around the Network

Not bad so far! 78-82 is what I am thinking it will settle at! Which for me is very good! From what I remember 2 didn't score that well either BUT none the less I had a TON of fun in part 1 and 2. So if this game falls in line with them then I will have a blast with this game as well! Still as of right now my most hyped PS4 game.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

kowenicki said:

might want to stick this in the OP.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=180055

It is not a flop, looks like a good game, but right now is bellow spectations.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Not bad so far! 78-82 is what I am thinking it will settle at! Which for me is very good! From what I remember 2 didn't score that well either BUT none the less I had a TON of fun in part 1 and 2. So if this game falls in line with them then I will have a blast with this game as well! Still as of right now my most hyped PS4 game.

2 had a meta of 83, 1 had a meta of 85. I personaly think 2 is vastly superior to 1 so Im almost sure the trend will continue now with 3.

Looks like it will stabilize at 80. Good but not great. Only 6 points off GOTG though,so we can't be too negative

kowenicki said:
Aerys said:

Most of them are, and the most relevant in score. Metacritic score is mostly made by american reviews.

Edge (UK, last 3 reviews)

Dark Souls II : 9

Metal Gear GZ : 9

inFamous : 7

The EDGE review is an interesting read, seems fair.  They are juts unhappy at the lack of variety of game play and basic errors, such as repetitive scenery.

Thanks for pointing out the that MGS score. Just lol.