By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Battlefield 4 skipping Wii U

EA really goes out of their way to be sure none of their games make it to Nintendo's systems. Still need one (or rather, two) more conformation(s); FIFA and Madden. If those don't come to WiiU, then EA's agenda is undoubtedly clear. Could EA really be that pissed off about Nintendo rejecting Origin?

At this point I'm assuming Need for Speed slipped through their fingers without EA realizing and landed on WiiU.

Don't care about EA anyway. I'll buy Need for Speed when it's cheap, I'll support good third party games but I won't support EA anymore. Ubisoft and Capcom however are very welcome!

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Otakumegane said:

Man the EA support for Wii U is almost as bad as the Capcom support for the Vita.

Now you're overexaggerating. WiiU got NFS and that is a decent port.

Yeah and Vita got street fighter and marvel....

Didn't the Wii U also get Fifa? they are literally equal.

S.Peelman said:
At this point I'm assuming Need for Speed slipped through their fingers without EA realizing and landed on WiiU.

Don't care about EA anyway. I'll buy Need for Speed when it's cheap, I'll support good third party games but I won't support EA anymore. Ubisoft and Capcom however are very welcome!

LOL at this. NFS probablydidn't slip throughh their fingers, that would be really bad management. (The real reason the CEO had to go?)

I think it has to with the name of the game. If the dev can give the game the subtitle 'a Criterion game', they have a position inside of EA, that allows them to make their own decisions to a degree. I think that is the reason we see a really good port of NFS for WiiU.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

No surprise. If it came to PS4, then I'd be worried.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Mensrea said:
I honestly don't get why everyone is mad about the Wii U not getting multiplats. Would it be nice? Sure, but ultimately it won't look as good as it's counterparts, so why wouldn't you just play those games on those systems? I can understand it if you only have Wii U, but that's an increasingly rare thing these days.

So I really don't care about this.

I would have agreed with you if the Wii-U was a $100-$150 machine but it's not. It's price is in the main system category, something that you could buy and essentialy get every major multi platform game on for years to come.

Conegamer said:

It is already comfirmed for PS4. Not during this announcement maybe, but it was announced that it would feature 64 player multiplayer like the pc version.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

It is coming to ps4 and 720 - no doubt in my mind. Ea can go fuck themselves.

They are not bringing BF4 to Wii U after the astronomical sales of Call of Duty? Are they out of their mind?!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

mii-gamer said:
Conegamer said:

It is coming to ps4 and 720 - no doubt in my mind. Ea can go fuck themselves.

Don't see it announced though. So for now there's no reason for concern.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

teigaga said:
Mnementh said:
Otakumegane said:

Man the EA support for Wii U is almost as bad as the Capcom support for the Vita.

Now you're overexaggerating. WiiU got NFS and that is a decent port.

Yeah and Vita got street fighter and marvel....

Didn't the Wii U also get Fifa? they are literally equal.

well i dont think you can call fifa a game on Wii U, rebadged FIFA 2012  to FIFA2013 that is hwo bad this port is.

NFS on the other hand was probably already 99% finished so they let it go.

As for the topic at hand, no one is surpised since EA prtty much said no more "unprecident support"

Also no surpise Turkish posted this thread.

Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:

LOL at this. NFS probably didn't slip through their fingers, that would be really bad management. (The real reason the CEO had to go?)

I think it has to with the name of the game. If the dev can give the game the subtitle 'a Criterion game', they have a position inside of EA, that allows them to make their own decisions to a degree. I think that is the reason we see a really good port of NFS for WiiU.

Obviously I know this .

Don't know about the 'power' of Criterion within EA though.