By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Battlefield 4 skipping Wii U

Why is everyone so mad? EA is simply not releasing the games so 8 years old can't illegally buy them. Think about the children.

Around the Network

This is actually very concerning. Although we already knew EA is a horrible company and won't support Nintendo with certain games, I didn't expect a big game like this to skip Wii U. Let's hope the same won't happen with other next-gen games. Ubisoft already does a great job with Watch Dogs on Wii U.

LilChicken22 said:
This is actually very concerning. Although we already knew EA is a horrible company and won't support Nintendo with certain games, I didn't expect a big game like this to skip Wii U. Let's hope the same won't happen with other next-gen games. Ubisoft already does a great job with Watch Dogs on Wii U.

You just aroused a thought in me. I wonder how long that will be since a lot of Nintendo gamers intend to avoid the new Rayman game. If true it would not bode well.

S.Peelman said:
Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:
At this point I'm assuming Need for Speed slipped through their fingers without EA realizing and landed on WiiU.

Don't care about EA anyway. I'll buy Need for Speed when it's cheap, I'll support good third party games but I won't support EA anymore. Ubisoft and Capcom however are very welcome!

LOL at this. NFS probably didn't slip through their fingers, that would be really bad management. (The real reason the CEO had to go?)

I think it has to with the name of the game. If the dev can give the game the subtitle 'a Criterion game', they have a position inside of EA, that allows them to make their own decisions to a degree. I think that is the reason we see a really good port of NFS for WiiU.

Obviously I know this .

Don't know about the 'power' of Criterion within EA though.

This was already discussed when the NFS port details started coming out.

Criterion was delegated full control on the series. Source

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Conegamer said:
mii-gamer said:
Conegamer said:
No surprise. If it came to PS4, then I'd be worried.

It is coming to ps4 and 720 - no doubt in my mind. Ea can go fuck themselves.

Don't see it announced though. So for now there's no reason for concern.

Leaks of screenshots and details (e.g. chinese setting) have been consistent with official reveals, and those same leaks also mentioned a PS4 release. 

Even without that, or the fact that they're competing with COD and the next COD has been heavily rumoured for NG consoles, it's only logical that they'd release on PS4/720.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
No surprise. If it came to PS4, then I'd be worried.

then .... worry.

Funny how all these types of threads are posted by a Sony fan ;)

I never had any interest in the Battlefield series, so for me that´s not a big deal

JoeFlex said:
LilChicken22 said:

You just aroused a thought in me. I wonder how long that will be since a lot of Nintendo gamers intend to avoid the new Rayman game. If true it would not bode well.

With GTA V, the new CoD, Pokemon and all the E3 announcements we will have, I believe that many gamers, not only Nintendo fans, will avoid Rayman. Ubisoft lost a great chance for Rayman to get some attention, but with the delay and all those games taking the eyes of the audiences, Rayman will be overshadowed

Rogerioandrade said:
I never had any interest in the Battlefield series, so for me that´s not a big deal

But its always better to have as many games as possible.