By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Battlefield 4 skipping Wii U

No Wii U release for upcoming Frostbite 3 shooter, DICE confirms.

Battlefield 4 will not see a release on Wii U, DICE has confirmed.

Speaking to VideoGamer.com last night, creative director Lars Gustavsson explained that the decision to skip Wii U was to "ensure that [the team] deliver something good", rather than "risking" the project by stretching the team too thin.

"I think overall for me as creative director, number one is to deliver a really great game and experience," said Gustavsson on the subject of Battlefield 4 on Wii U. "Sometimes, at least for us, it's focus on what you do well and what you know well, and ensure that you deliver something good than trying a bit too much, stretching yourself too thin and risking it.

"I'd rather play it safe, deliver something really good and then look at the future and what could possibly be done than trying a bit too hard and [failing]."

Battlefield 4 is the latest high-profile multi-platform title to skip Wii U, joining Dead Island: Riptide and Saints Row 4.

Battlefield 4 ships on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC later this year. A release on next-generation platforms is still be confirmed.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/battlefield_4/news/battlefield_4_skipping_wii_u.html

Around the Network

I honestly don't get why everyone is mad about the Wii U not getting multiplats. Would it be nice? Sure, but ultimately it won't look as good as it's counterparts, so why wouldn't you just play those games on those systems? I can understand it if you only have Wii U, but that's an increasingly rare thing these days.

So I really don't care about this.

Well, nothing surprising. We talk about EA, or western developers in more general. There are seemingly camps: western developers tend to support Sony and MS, japanese devs tend to support Nintendo and Sony. If Battlefield would come to WiiU, that would be more newsworthy in my opinion.

And the same old excuse. Why are the people not honest and tell us: we don't expect enough sales to justify the release.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Apparently there are people now telling us when to get mad.

Yeah....don't care.

"Unprecedented support"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

Nintendo fans will truly be devastated by this incommensurable loss.

I apologize in advance for my bad english.

Man the EA support for Wii U is almost as bad as the Capcom support for the Vita.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

confirmed EA butt-hurt . lol

Now seriously, Wii U having zero support by west developers was the most expected thing ever. In fact, I'm happy EA can no longer make money from a Nintendo platform.

What I find really worrying is the complete lack of any kind of Japanese support. Even PS Vita is getting more multiplatform games than Wii U.

I apologize in advance for my bad english.

Otakumegane said:

Man the EA support for Wii U is almost as bad as the Capcom support for the Vita.

Now you're overexaggerating. WiiU got NFS and that is a decent port.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]