By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Battlefield 4 skipping Wii U

MystVearn said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Mnementh said:
There are seemingly camps: western developers tend to support Sony and MS, japanese devs tend to support Nintendo and Sony.

Then please tell me which japanese developer is still supporting WiiU (besides Capcom who obviously received a lot of money). Xbox get more, many more Japanese games than WiiU. The only real support I see for is from Ubisoft btw. Even 3DS is progressively abandoned by Japanese devs for major releases.

Which Japanese devs have abandoned 3DS?

Sega (Vita project, no 3DS project), Namco (big Vita releases, minor 3DS projects), Falcom (Vita projects, no 3DS project), Konami (no projects on Nintendo consoles, Castlevania 3DS bombed horribly), TecmoKoei (Vita releases, no 3DS project), Marvelous AQL (big Vita releases, no 3DS project). And you do have some like NIS/Compile Heart who were on board with Sony from the start (3 Vita games in development).

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
MystVearn said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Mnementh said:
There are seemingly camps: western developers tend to support Sony and MS, japanese devs tend to support Nintendo and Sony.

Then please tell me which japanese developer is still supporting WiiU (besides Capcom who obviously received a lot of money). Xbox get more, many more Japanese games than WiiU. The only real support I see for is from Ubisoft btw. Even 3DS is progressively abandoned by Japanese devs for major releases.

Which Japanese devs have abandoned 3DS?

Sega (Vita project, no 3DS project), Namco (big Vita releases, minor 3DS projects), Falcom (Vita projects, no 3DS project), Konami (no projects on Nintendo consoles, Castlevania 3DS bombed horribly), TecmoKoei (Vita releases, no 3DS project), Marvelous AQL (big Vita releases, no 3DS project). And you do have some like NIS/Compile Heart who were on board with Sony from the start (3 Vita games in development).

Yeah the niche ones. Makes sense though.

A lot less competition. Who wants to go against Pokemon and Monster Hunter? 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

This is a game that Wii U could use, but it's not surprising givin that it's an EA title. It's a second-tier franchise, but a solid one. Wii U mostly needs the top tiers: GTA, CoD, AC, WD, FF, RE, the big namers. If those come - and about 50% are - the rest will follow eventually. But Battlefield would be better than Deus Ex, that's for sure.

that's 200k lost EA

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

battlefield 4 is one of the bigger titles this year and WiiU will miss out

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
MystVearn said:
fillet said:
MystVearn said:
Nintendo fans will truly be devastated by this incommensurable loss.

I haven't checked but that doesn't sound like a real word to me!

EDIT - it is a real word, thanks, my english lesson for the day has finished early :)

So it's impossible to compare the measure of loss with a relative loss, well that's wrong actually. Immeasurable would be a more appropriate term :p

Thanks for pointing out my mistake, as an english learner I really appreciate it :)

I made a literal translation from Spanish.

Wasn't a critcism mate, it's not "wrong" as such, but it's little bit strange but more than acceptable. I know it's very hard learning English in Spain, have a friend in barcelona trying, and your posts look like your doing amazingly well, keep it up :)

Just realize, all that stuff EA said back at Nintendo E3 2011......was it all a lie.

Not surprise coming from EA, hopefully EA attitude change in the industry with a new CEO.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

TheLastStarFighter said:
This is a game that Wii U could use, but it's not surprising givin that it's an EA title. It's a second-tier franchise, but a solid one. Wii U mostly needs the top tiers: GTA, CoD, AC, WD, FF, RE, the big namers. If those come - and about 50% are - the rest will follow eventually. But Battlefield would be better than Deus Ex, that's for sure.

i tried my best but i can't for the life of me think of the top teir franchise that is WD is shorthand for.   ?

kitler53 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

i tried my best but i can't for the life of me think of the top teir franchise that is WD is shorthand for.   ?

Watch Dogs?

At least that's what I think. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
kitler53 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Watch Dogs?

At least that's what I think. 

oh, that's probably it.  thanks!