By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Battlefield 4 skipping Wii U

@Turkish

Yeah, what about it?

Around the Network
Turkish said:
hinch said:

@Player2

Well, not really if they looked at the hardware and said that its not really viable to the port a engine over from scratch.. then thats that. And like they said, they COULD even port Battlefield to Vita, but they would have to scale back the game back so much that it would hardly recognisable to the same game that you saw in the trailer. Seems like they just want to push the technological barrier and didn't want to stretch themselves thin.

You know you can play this game on Vita without any loss of quality via PS4 remote play right? :p

Currently you can't.  We don't even know if that's going to work.  Sony didn't specifically say that.  Video game sites are twisting their words and posting this information as fact when no one knows right now.  Just like Sony never said the Vita will play all PS3 games through remote play, though many video games news sites were posting it like they did with no quote, or if they did post a quote, it wasn't anything close to what they assumed.

If the Vita can play all PS4 games through remote play that'd be pretty awesome, but I won't believe it until I see it.

kupomogli said:
Turkish said:
hinch said:

@Player2

Well, not really if they looked at the hardware and said that its not really viable to the port a engine over from scratch.. then thats that. And like they said, they COULD even port Battlefield to Vita, but they would have to scale back the game back so much that it would hardly recognisable to the same game that you saw in the trailer. Seems like they just want to push the technological barrier and didn't want to stretch themselves thin.

You know you can play this game on Vita without any loss of quality via PS4 remote play right? :p

Currently you can't.  We don't even know if that's going to work.  Sony didn't specifically say that.  Video game sites are twisting their words and posting this information as fact when no one knows right now.  Just like Sony never said the Vita will play all PS3 games through remote play, though many video games news sites were posting it like they did with no quote, or if they did post a quote, it wasn't anything close to what they assumed.

If the Vita can play all PS4 games through remote play that'd be pretty awesome, but I won't believe it until I see it.

Vita will be able to play all PS4 games, its done on a hardware level so devs don't have to do anything beside button mapping which they'll be reuired to do.

Who really buys a Nintendo system for games like Mass Effect and Battlefield 4?

gentii said:

If most Nintendo fans supported third party, then I'd say Wii U owners who don't own a PS360 or PS4/NextBox.  Those of us who own a PS360 and a Wii U will usually get the Wii U exclusives only, unless it happens to have the best performing version.

Around the Network
gentii said:

Gamers?

CGI-Quality said:
Devil_Survivor said:
OMG another generic FPS isn't coming to Wii U, whatever will it do?? Guess its more Call of Duty for Wii U owners, Activision is happy today.

Battlefield and "generic" never belong in the same sentence. Still, it's comments like these that keep everyone else pointing and laughing at a chunk of Nintendo's fanbase.

IK!  I mean I agree that COD makes the same game every year with a few exceptions, but what about Nintendo games?!  I mean Windwaker is THE SAME game released on the Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U.  They're excited too! WTF?!

Captain_Tom said:
CGI-Quality said:
Devil_Survivor said:
OMG another generic FPS isn't coming to Wii U, whatever will it do?? Guess its more Call of Duty for Wii U owners, Activision is happy today.

Battlefield and "generic" never belong in the same sentence. Still, it's comments like these that keep everyone else pointing and laughing at a chunk of Nintendo's fanbase.

IK!  I mean I agree that COD makes the same game every year with a few exceptions, but what about Nintendo games?!  I mean Windwaker is THE SAME game released on the Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U.  They're excited too! WTF?!

Windwaker was not released on Wii.

And not all of us are especially jazzed about WindWaker HD. Unless it has additional content, i'm not going for it.

It's the rare Nintendo game that gets straight-up re-released. Collections happen occasionally (Super Mario Advance, Super Mario All-Stars, the Zelda GC collection, the Kirby collection), and re-releases less often, usually more like remakes or highly enhanced (Metroid: Zero Mission, Super Mario Bros DX, or Super Mario 64 DS)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

kupomogli said:
gentii said:

If most Nintendo fans supported third party, then I'd say Wii U owners who don't own a PS360 or PS4/NextBox.  Those of us who own a PS360 and a Wii U will usually get the Wii U exclusives only, unless it happens to have the best performing version.

How much people out there now are ONLY Wii U owners? I dont think the number is very big and that might be part of the problem.

And LOL to all the people commenting on the game having never played the series in their lives, but want to throw a fit anyway. ignorance must be bliss.