By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware + Software Up (Ending Dec. 1) After Black Friday sales

thismeintiel said:
PS3 right behind the 360. Nice. If it keeps up like this, the PS3 may outsell the 360 by 1.3-1.4M this year. After adjustments, of course. Speaking of adjustments, NPD shows the 360 is ~100K overtracked. Yet, when VGC adjusts the 360 this week, they raised its numbers by ~15K? Really? Come on, guys, get with the program.

That's quite a large discrepancy VGC has made there. With a discrepancy that large, I'm baffled at why it hasn't adjusted the 360 down yet. Maybe the adjustments will be made when this year ends?

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
thismeintiel said:
PS3 right behind the 360. Nice. If it keeps up like this, the PS3 may outsell the 360 by 1.3-1.4M this year. After adjustments, of course. Speaking of adjustments, NPD shows the 360 is ~100K overtracked. Yet, when VGC adjusts the 360 this week, they raised its numbers by ~15K? Really? Come on, guys, get with the program.

That's quite a large discrepancy VGC has made there. With a discrepancy that large, I'm baffled at why it hasn't adjusted the 360 down yet. Maybe the adjustments will be made when this year ends?

Idk.  It's weird because when MS and Nintendo announced their Black Friday week numbers, VGC made damn sure they were in line with them.  However, when Sony released theirs, showing VGC was off by ~200K for PS3 that week, they only adjusted it up by ~100K.  I just don't get why they are so slow to change any numbers for PS3.  Even on the software side, GOW3 and GT5 has been undertracked here for a year or so.  I just hope they don't take too long when updating numbers after financials are released.

thismeintiel said:
Aura7541 said:
thismeintiel said:

Idk.  It's weird because when MS and Nintendo announced their Black Friday week numbers, VGC made damn sure they were in line with them.  However, when Sony released theirs, showing VGC was off by ~200K for PS3 that week, they only adjusted it up by ~100K.  I just don't get why they are so slow to change any numbers for PS3.  Even on the software side, GOW3 and GT5 has been undertracked here for a year or so.  I just hope they don't take too long when updating numbers after financials are released.

Yeah... I hope so, too. So the 2 million gap is actually a 1.8 million gap when you add 100k to the PS3 and subtract 100k from the 360.

Aura7541 said:
thismeintiel said:
Aura7541 said:
thismeintiel said:

Yeah... I hope so, too. So the 2 million gap is actually a 1.8 million gap when you add 100k to the PS3 and subtract 100k from the 360.

Well, that was for the one week.  Creamsugar, the guy who gives us hints about NPD numbers, said the PS3 was under 790K for the month of November.  Usually his clues give us numbers that are close to the real ones.  I'm guessing it's ~770K-780K.  So, the PS3 is probably only off by ~50K-60K for the whole month.  The gap is more like 1.85M.

thismeintiel said:
Aura7541 said:
thismeintiel said:
Aura7541 said:
thismeintiel said:

Well, that was for the one week.  Creamsugar, the guy who gives us hints about NPD numbers, said the PS3 was under 790K for the month of November.  Usually his clues give us numbers that are close to the real ones.  I'm guessing it's ~770K-780K.  So, I'm the PS3 is probably only off by ~50K-60K for the whole month.  The gap is more like 1.85M.

I'd say it's a lot smaller than that actually. But hey, what do I know about Sony shipping 70 million units in october and not being able to sell them through november and first week of december.

Seriously, Sony could have not shipped any in November and would have been fine in until last week and resumed shipping. I don't buy that. Probablly went through Oct shipments during BF week and shipped units for Dec through November.

But then again. If VGC is so off on Ps3 it could be the same with 360. Unlikely though considering we get monthly reports for their best selling region. (And yet VGC adjusts upwards when NPD reports less units) makes no sense really.

Around the Network

jonnybmk said:

I will begin the "launch aligned" charts for Wii U & Vita presently.

I will love if you did that

Max King of the Wild said:
thismeintiel said:

Well, that was for the one week.  Creamsugar, the guy who gives us hints about NPD numbers, said the PS3 was under 790K for the month of November.  Usually his clues give us numbers that are close to the real ones.  I'm guessing it's ~770K-780K.  So, I'm the PS3 is probably only off by ~50K-60K for the whole month.  The gap is more like 1.85M.

I'd say it's a lot smaller than that actually. But hey, what do I know about Sony shipping 70 million units in october and not being able to sell them through november and first week of december.

Seriously, Sony could have not shipped any in November and would have been fine in until last week and resumed shipping. I don't buy that. Probablly went through Oct shipments during BF week and shipped units for Dec through November.

But then again. If VGC is so off on Ps3 it could be the same with 360. Unlikely though considering we get monthly reports for their best selling region. (And yet VGC adjusts upwards when NPD reports less units) makes no sense really.

Yea, the adjustment makes no sense.  It's not like the financials where they just get an overall number and have to calculate how many they believe are on shelves.  And then if they feel they are over or under, they have to take time to guesstimate how much to take away or give to certain regions.  Here we the numbers for one region, as well as all the sales for the biggest week, Black Friday.  One would think adjustments would be made within a week, and definitely not ~15K up for a system that has been shown to be overtracked by ~100K.

And you are right, there is a possibility that the gap is smaller.  But, we'll have to wait til Nintendo releases the charts for EU in their next financial report.  Either way, I do know that this will be the last year the gap will be close to 2M.  Well, unless MS starts selling 360s for $50 a pop. 

Cant believe microsoft isn't dominating, 360 had a $50 pricecut.

Really surprised at the adjustments. Maybe Brett is just waiting for the Holidays to be done.

Anywaaaaay. Look at Book of Spells go in the UK

Week 1 - 6,535
Week 2 - 10,395
Week 3 - 15,296

~20k for Week 4?

Carl2291 said:
This GT5 vs Forza Series thing is hilarious and desperate. Lets look at the most accurate, up-to-date numbers we have available. We have GT numbers up to September from PD and we have Forza numbers from RIGHT NOW on VGChartz.

GT5 + GT5: Prologue - 14.5 Million units.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

Forza 2, Forza 3, Forza 4, Forza Horizon - 12.4 Million units.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=forza&publisher=&platform=X360&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

1 game and a glorified Demo vs. 3 main games and a spinoff. Just face it. Forza is nowhere near the level Gran Turismo is. Never will be. Microsoft can release a game Yearly. They can bundle it every Holiday. Its simply not desired by the public half as much as Gran Turismo. Just give it up already.

Why do people keep making these ridiculous comparisons?

You're using vgchartz figures for one franchise and other figures (which are shipped, btw) from another source for another franchise. This gen, using vgchartz figures (as it's the only way we can effectively compare sales), Forza has sold more than GT. Simples!