By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware + Software Up (Ending Dec. 1) After Black Friday sales

Scisca said:
bananaking21 said:
im no expert when it comes to launch sales data or anything, but doesnt the WiiU europe launch seem way to low? i dont care about restrictions in supply or what ever, just the raw numbers. dont want to start shit or trying to bash. but just a simple question

I know I live in a Nintendo desert, but I seriously don't know a single person that would be interested in the console. Still, sales below the level of Vita are shocking to me. As I predicted, Wii U will become a Gamecube 2.

I just hope that we won't see the history of 3DS/Vita repeat itself, that we're gonna laugh at Wii U sales now, and in a year PS4/X-box8 will sell even worse...

i doubt it that we will see the same thing with home consoles, as much as i hate to admit it, tablets/smart phones have really took a huge chunk out of the portable gaming market. but there is still high demand for consoles and i dont see that going any time soon. 

Around the Network
pezus said:

Let's compare Wii U and Vita launch in Europe:

Europe Hardware by Platform

PlatformWeekly (change)Total
PSV 245,111 (N/A) 245,111

I see what you did there :P

PS3 right behind the 360. Nice. If it keeps up like this, the PS3 may outsell the 360 by 1.3-1.4M this year. After adjustments, of course. Speaking of adjustments, NPD shows the 360 is ~100K overtracked. Yet, when VGC adjusts the 360 this week, they raised its numbers by ~15K? Really? Come on, guys, get with the program.

pezus said:
3 third party Wii U games in the UK chart. One is ZombiU at #16 with 19k in sales, another is that Sonic kart game at #69 and third is Batman at #97...

Not encouraging

Pezus brain are you there? If you sell 40,000 consoles in a country and you sell 19k that isn't bad.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

pezus said:
ninetailschris said:
pezus said:
3 third party Wii U games in the UK chart. One is ZombiU at #16 with 19k in sales, another is that Sonic kart game at #69 and third is Batman at #97...

Not encouraging

Pezus brain are you there? If you sell 40,000 consoles in a country and you sell 19k that isn't bad.

ZombiU is bundled...BUT I didn't say its sales were bad. Just that the situation isn't encouraging.

Nintendoland is too :/

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network
pezus said:
30% lower and Vita launched in February, WiiU at the end of November...

Yah. Nintendo should be very worried. If it sold this low now imagine how it'll be selling 5 months from now? Vita levels?

People seem to be ignoring everything we know.

1. Wiiu factory was trashed by the Chinese workers.
2.it was said by multiple sources they are having trouble with supplying wiiu because of number one.
3. They have to reproduce the gamepad and the console with the other factors mention.

Not good for WiiU. There's no hype for it. And stop with that no supply thing. There is still 1700 WiiU on Ebay going at market price or not selling at all. No shortage here.

DareDareCaro said:
Not good for WiiU. There's no hype for it. And stop with that no supply thing. There is still 1700 WiiU on Ebay going at market price or not selling at all. No shortage here.

Umm typed wiiu in eBay only had about 2-3 pages which under hundred were are you getting this data?

pezus said:
z101 said:
pezus said:
Who was it that wanted to bet with me that Wii U would sell more than PS3 during the holiday season and until Jan 1 2013?

if nintendo produces enough wii u it will outsell ps3 easy. 

Based on? 

Logic.

Also funny how "low" Wii U sales are compared to the poor sales of the Vita - the biggest flop of any generation.

I will begin the "launch aligned" charts for Wii U & Vita presently.