By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware + Software Up (Ending Dec. 1) After Black Friday sales

Does it really matter what has sold more between gran turismo and forza? Who the hell cares. Can this not be taken up in a different thread instead of boring everybody in this one with it?

Around the Network

If we take in to consideration that Wii U only were available for 2 days in Europe, and still outsold Xbox360 and is lagging behind the PS3 with 50k, I'd say that's pretty good numbers...! Will be interesting to see Europe's 2nd week and the launch of Japan...

But how come Wii U dropped to horrific in NA?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

HORRIBLE Wii U launch from the looks of it, I don't know how much other consoles did but this is just really low...I expect Wii U to be sub-100k in both America and EU for next weeks numbers. Japan really loves Nintendo right now so I expect that launch to be the biggest out of all territories.

Some interesting trends:

- DS outsells Vita

- PSP still outsells Vita in Japan

- Wii U nearly outsold by the Wii in the US

- PS3 somehow manages to top 500k despite only two games in the top 10, neither of which are exclusive.

Sure some weird sales numbers these days..

VGKing said:
HORRIBLE Wii U launch from the looks of it, I don't know how much other consoles did but this is just really low...I expect Wii U to be sub-100k in both America and EU for next weeks numbers. Japan really loves Nintendo right now so I expect that launch to be the biggest out of all territories.

Aren't you pushing it a little bit. The Wii U had the same drop that the Wii did in its second week in US. Though it is disappointing nonetheless.

Around the Network
acdcste said:
Does it really matter what has sold more between gran turismo and forza? Who the hell cares. Can this not be taken up in a different thread instead of boring everybody in this one with it?

No kidding. I couldn't find two games more boring than these two to be fighting over. Every damn week too...

pezus said:
Who was it that wanted to bet with me that Wii U would sell more than PS3 during the holiday season and until Jan 1 2013?

if nintendo produces enough wii u it will outsell ps3 easy. 

VGKing said:

the japanese already said that they get nly lowvamounts of wii u. like europe id. every console nintendo produce will be sold, but there aren't much ...

Aj_habfan said:
acdcste said:

No kidding. I couldn't find two games more boring than these two to be fighting over. Every damn week too...

Well the games are popular... so people talk about them... not just here every other place too... even the Spike TV show these games everytime (well it's more the GT Academy).

This GT5 vs Forza Series thing is hilarious and desperate. Lets look at the most accurate, up-to-date numbers we have available. We have GT numbers up to September from PD and we have Forza numbers from RIGHT NOW on VGChartz.

GT5 + GT5: Prologue - 14.5 Million units.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

Forza 2, Forza 3, Forza 4, Forza Horizon - 12.4 Million units.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=forza&publisher=&platform=X360&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

1 game and a glorified Demo vs. 3 main games and a spinoff. Just face it. Forza is nowhere near the level Gran Turismo is. Never will be. Microsoft can release a game Yearly. They can bundle it every Holiday. Its simply not desired by the public half as much as Gran Turismo. Just give it up already.