By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware + Software Up (Ending Dec. 1) After Black Friday sales

iWarMachine said:
sales2099 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Blood_Tears said:
Nice PS3 sales this week and another thread derailed by Forza/GT trash talk..

Well, the Forza team did pick the fight. 3 vs 1 by th way...

I said the charts will have Forza outsell GT5 in 2012 sales. Just merely stating a fact thats about to happen. The reaction to it really got it started.

Actually 2 vs 1 (2 + 3), but that was beside the point. In 2012, F4 is gonna beat it, Forza as a IP even more so when you factor in Horizon.

considering that F4 and F:H were actually given away the whole year to compete against a game that released 3 years ago... it's not something to be happy about, there's no chance you can actually compare the sales of both games, it's like comparing sales of halo and killzone.

2 years ago...with a ton of upgrades and subsequent re-releases and bargain bin pricing. Horizon was only on sale on black friday and F4 was only mass bundled this holiday. Check yourself.

It is something to be happy about since GT is considered God in its genre. A game that sells millions each year after its release year. So any victory, however unfair, is a testament to breaking down those barriers and illusions of grandeur.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Turkish said:
ryuzaki57 said:

For the record, launch figures in Europe for the current gen. We can see that WiiU is under everything, notably outsold 3 to 1 by the 599€ fat PS3.

Wow at those numbers. o_O

Ah I was worrying whether anyone would notice my super comparison chart. Glad it's you Turkish, my general. You know I think Vita has a chance to outsell WiiU in Europe next week, in which case we will all need to talk about it of course.

sales2099 said:
dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:

Damn MS why didnt you price drop in Europe as well? Thats the reason for this insultingly close gap. They even said numerous times that Europe is the real battleground of this gen.

Also, looks like next week will have Forza 4 outselling GT5 in 2012 sales, making it 2 years in a row :)

Also, looks like next week will have Killzone 3 outselling Halo 3:ODST in 2012 sales, making it 2 years in a row :)

lol like people ever compared those 2 games or will even care now that you brought it up. People more so compared ODST sales to killzone 2 if anything.

If you wanna stick to KZ3, pick Halo Reach instead as more comparisons were brought up with them in their time.

Thats where your sig and my sig differ. Mines an actual rivalry that people care about. Picking ODST (thats random lol) and your sig in general just shows I take up free rent inside your head.

You're comparing a game that released in 2010 to a game that released in 2011 and another that released in 2012.

I'm comparing a game that released in the end of 2009 to one that released a year and a half later in 2011.

You miss the point that sales comparison based upon year have no context unless the games released in the same year (which isn't the case here). For such a comparison to be made, you need use a lifetime sales comparison.

Simple.

236,003 PS3 sold in Europe last week, one of them is mine :) And I'm loving it!

A nice story for you. I went to the biggest gaming store in my city (a 1.3 million aglomeration) a few days ago, before the Wii U launch. I saw 2 Wii U games already on the shelf, so I asked a clerk about the Wii U launch, are they gonna have it and all. She had to ask somebody "in the know" and told me that they will have 1 (one!!) console on the launch day. Sweet, don't you think? Are you guys still wondering why we love Sony so much? I get all PS3 games and the majority of PS Vita games translated into my language, while Nintendo doesn't even care to send consoles over here.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

The PS3 and 360 gap is a lot smaller than I anticipated. As Pezus pointed out earlier, the gap of last year was about 110,000, but this year, it's only about 20,000. That is a 90,000 difference. Also, the 360 has regressed a lot, in comparison to the PS3. A month ago, I predicted the VGChartz gap to be 2.3 million at the end of the year. After seeing the "week ending Dec. 1" sales, I don't think that's the case anymore. It's possible that the PS3 will outsell the 360 for the rest of this month and the gap will be around 1.9-2.0 million.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
iWarMachine said:
sales2099 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Blood_Tears said:
Nice PS3 sales this week and another thread derailed by Forza/GT trash talk..

Well, the Forza team did pick the fight. 3 vs 1 by th way...

I said the charts will have Forza outsell GT5 in 2012 sales. Just merely stating a fact thats about to happen. The reaction to it really got it started.

Actually 2 vs 1 (2 + 3), but that was beside the point. In 2012, F4 is gonna beat it, Forza as a IP even more so when you factor in Horizon.

considering that F4 and F:H were actually given away the whole year to compete against a game that released 3 years ago... it's not something to be happy about, there's no chance you can actually compare the sales of both games, it's like comparing sales of halo and killzone.

2 years ago...with a ton of upgrades and subsequent re-releases and bargain bin pricing. Horizon was only on sale on black friday and F4 was only mass bundled this holiday. Check yourself.

It is something to be happy about since GT is considered God in its genre. A game that sells millions each year after its release year. So any victory, however unfair, is a testament to breaking down those barriers and illusions of grandeur.

- GT5 / GT5 SPECII / GT5 Academy Edition

- the MSRP price it's $39.99 according to GT5 Homepage

- the MSRP price for forza 4 it's $39.99

- Forza 4 had 3 bundles in two years (launch, racing pack and the recent one heavily bundled throughout a holiday season)

- GT5 had 2 bundles in three years (launch and in march 2012 in celebration of the specII release)

GT5 

Global Annual Summary (Units)

YearYearlyChangeTotal
2010 5,264,164 N/A 5,264,164
2011 1,785,728 -66.1% 7,049,892
2012 1,188,573 -33.4% 8,238,465

Forza 4

YearYearlyChangeTotal
2011 1,854,407 N/A 1,854,407
2012 1,046,866 -43.5% 2,901,273

if you align the launches of both games, we know who wins. And if we compare the 1st year of Forza against the 2nd year of GT5, forza beats it for less than 100k. 

there's no victory or success in forza 4 sales when compared against GT5.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

pezus said:
iWarMachine said:

- GT5 / GT5 SPECII / GT5 Academy Edition

- the MSRP price it's $39.99 according to GT5 Homepage

- the MSRP price for forza 4 it's $39.99

- Forza 4 had 3 bundles in two years (launch, racing pack and the recent one heavily bundled throughout a holiday season)

- GT5 had 2 bundles in three years (launch and in march 2012 in celebration of the specII release)

GT5 

YearYearlyChangeTotal
2010 5,264,164 N/A 5,264,164
2011 1,785,728 -66.1% 7,049,892
2012 1,188,573 -33.4% 8,238,465

Forza 4

YearYearlyChangeTotal
2011 1,854,407 N/A 1,854,407
2012 1,046,866 -43.5% 2,901,273

if you align the launches of both games, we know who wins. And if we compare the 1st year of Forza against the 2nd year of GT5, forza beats it for less than 100k. 

there's no victory or success in forza 4 sales when compared against GT5.

Not to mention that GT5 is still blatantly undertracked

And that even after the F3 heavily bundled release, F4 sold more or less the same amount on launch than F3, so there's no real increase in the franchise.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Why do people need to keep this GT vs Forza fight ?

The way things are going, only one console will reach 10 million units sold by the end of december.

how much PS3/X360 sales have shrunk in 2012 compared to 2011 ?

man-bear-pig said:
My predictions: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4929202

3DS - 492k (ACTUAL = 505k...only 13k off!)
360 - 590k (ACTUAL = 535k...55k off)
PS3 - 489k (ACTUAL = 515k...only 26k off!)

Pretty good.

Ahem, anyway I'm pretty disappointed with the 360's sales...could the PS3 catch up next week?! :o

I guess the Kinect effect is wearing down..

Well, I am as pleased as punch to see the 360 and PS3 doing so well. Americans should buy the PS3 more. Though after seeing the holiday sales in America for a long time the huge lead here so there is no surprise.

Waiting a longer time to really judge the Wii u, but so far it sells like an HD triplet coming late to the game.