By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware + Software Up (Ending Dec. 1) After Black Friday sales

sales2099 said:
walsufnir said:
pokoko said:
It's just hard to understand the PS3 numbers otherwise, especially when you consider 2012's lack of exclusive titles.

it is no wonder - playstation is a very known brand, the first two consoles were great and by now the prices are low. so no surprise to. the games you mentioned coming in 2013 are most likely not the reason as i believe that the masses don't even know about these titles, perhaps except god of war. last but not least the ps3 is a great console so why should people not buy it? but i do think things would look different if ms had done a pricedrop but they didn't so sony's console was bought also.

lol its simple. Europe.

360 didnt price drop in europe. Sony released a 20 gig super cheap PS3 in Europe.

That is all.

Well Microsoft released a super cheap 4gig 360 in Europe a long time ago, and there's also one in the US.
It's simple. Mass Market Price. That's what drives sales.

Around the Network

We can talk about Uncharted x Gears too

When you stop to talk about these rivalries the post in this thread became zero to nothing... like the chatz threads this year without go over page 1.

Boring.

So if you don't like the subject put other in the thread... at least talk about GT vs Forza is less boring than nothing.

DanneSandin said:
If we take in to consideration that Wii U only were available for 2 days in Europe, and still outsold Xbox360 and is lagging behind the PS3 with 50k, I'd say that's pretty good numbers...! Will be interesting to see Europe's 2nd week and the launch of Japan...

But how come Wii U dropped to horrific in NA?

It's not really good.....it had months and months of pre-orders. Expect a huge drop next week just like in the US.
It dropped in the US because the demand just isn'st there. The Wii U is NOT a must-have console this holiday and the $300-$350 price is too high for a Nintendo console. Expect another 3DS-like situation here with the consumer confusion.

I different topic now...

Everybody read in the internet the BLOPS II fails to reach the MW3 sales... some dudes saying the CoD franchise is doomed already... that's because the NPD showed BLOPS II sold just 7.4 million in US in November (release month)... less than BLOPS I (8 million) and MW3 (8.8m).

But what most do not take into account is the fact MW3 and Blops I have been released a week before the market... BLOPS II had one week of sales less than the others games in the launch month.

To fix that I said that I will use the first week of December to make a fair comparision between the title... so lets go.

BLOPS II (first week december): 725,338

BLOPS II (3 weeks sales): ~8.1 million
BLOPS I (3 weeks sales / first month): 8.0 million
MW3  (3 weeks sales / first month): 8.8 million

So at the end BLOPS II sold better than BLOPS I and just 8% below MW3... I can't see any declive in the frachise... CoD is selling like alwyas.

Anyway the game is ~ 1 million UNDERTRACKED here... that's the motive for I just use this week number from the VGCs... all the others numbers are NPD.

pezus said:

Let's compare Wii U and Vita launch in Europe:

Europe Hardware by Platform

PlatformWeekly (change)Total
PSV 245,111 (N/A) 245,111

You really did that

Around the Network

WiiU will be headed for disappointment come Jan/Feb. Mark my words.

WiiU, 3DS and Vita are going to be the big losers of this generation.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Wii U doomed confirmed??? 30% less than Vita launch.

I need to go back and see what the guys here said about the Vita that time.

im no expert when it comes to launch sales data or anything, but doesnt the WiiU europe launch seem way to low? i dont care about restrictions in supply or what ever, just the raw numbers. dont want to start shit or trying to bash. but just a simple question

Is WiiU really in short supply? Or just very low demand?

I honestly expected it to open higher than the Wii. Not lower than the Vita of all platforms. Funny really, after looking at the people who love to outline Vita sales

bananaking21 said:
im no expert when it comes to launch sales data or anything, but doesnt the WiiU europe launch seem way to low? i dont care about restrictions in supply or what ever, just the raw numbers. dont want to start shit or trying to bash. but just a simple question

I know I live in a Nintendo desert, but I seriously don't know a single person that would be interested in the console. Still, sales below the level of Vita are shocking to me. As I predicted, Wii U will become a Gamecube 2.

I just hope that we won't see the history of 3DS/Vita repeat itself, that we're gonna laugh at Wii U sales now, and in a year PS4/X-box8 will sell even worse...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.