By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware + Software Up (Ending Dec. 1) After Black Friday sales

@pezus no they also released the physical copy of the game for 20$ and the same goes for the ps vita but theres no sign of the game in the last weeks top 100 software charts, also the same was with the Dragon Ball Z budokai HD collection no sales were given of those game, i was actually curious about how those game did but well well...

Around the Network

I wasn`t expecting Wii U to be above 200k sales, so this doesn`t surprise me and to be honest i`m not expecting the japanese launch to be any better.

DélioPT said:
I wasn`t expecting Wii U to be above 200k sales, so this doesn`t surprise me and to be honest i`m not expecting the japanese launch to be any better.

I'd imagine the Japanese launch to be much better, perhaps over 300k.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
DélioPT said:

I could be wrong...
But i remember reading awhile ago that either there weren`t that many consoles available or that the MH pack was in short supply.
If it`s just the latter than i guess you could be right.

DélioPT said:
Conegamer said:
DélioPT said:

I could be wrong...
But i remember reading awhile ago that either there weren`t that many consoles available or that the MH pack was in short supply.

I thought it was the MH pack which was struggling. I'm just thinking with MH, Mario and DQ all there at launch, it should do well. The Vita launched to over 400k in Japan in a similar week of the year with a far less interesting lineup for the Japanese market; admittadly it is a handheld. With no supply constraints the WiiU should be able to do around 75% of that at least.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
DélioPT said:
Conegamer said:
DélioPT said:

I could be wrong...

I thought it was the MH pack which was struggling. I'm just thinking with MH, Mario and DQ all there at launch, it should do well. The Vita launched to over 400k in Japan in a similar week of the year with a far less interesting lineup for the Japanese market; admittadly it is a handheld. With no supply constraints the WiiU should be able to do around 75% of that at least.

DQ will only be released in Spring in Japan.
So, for launch it will be mainly Mario, NintendoLand and MH.

300k seems like a good number, the problem is if Nintendo isn`t able to produce that many for launch. But maybe it can. I`m beggining to think Nintendo sacrificed Europe to have enough consoles for the US and Japan. If you are correct, than Europe really was sacrificed! :D

Still, i feel besides these 3 games, japanese gamers won`t have that many games they will want to play afterwards. It seems like there`s too many western type games for launch.

DélioPT said:
Conegamer said:
DélioPT said:
Conegamer said:
DélioPT said:

I could be wrong...

300k seems like a good number, the problem is if Nintendo isn`t able to produce that many for launch. But maybe it can. I`m beggining to think Nintendo sacrificed Europe to have enough consoles for the US and Japan. If you are correct, than Europe really was sacrificed! :D

Still, i feel besides these 3 games, japanese gamers won`t have that many games they will want to play afterwards. It seems like there`s too many western type games for launch.

That's a fair enough judgement; if Nintendo had either DQ7 or MH4 for the WiiU it would all be fine. DQX is coming out early next year, yes, but the premium packs have some beta code in it to play. This could easily push units, or at least raise awareness of the fact it's coming out on the system.

Conegamer said:
DélioPT said:

That's a fair enough judgement; if Nintendo had either DQ7 or MH4 for the WiiU it would all be fine. DQX is coming out early next year, yes, but the premium packs have some beta code in it to play. This could easily push units, or at least raise awareness of the fact it's coming out on the system.

Any game of the franchises you mentioned would be great. Hope that Wii U gets something great in the near future to make the console stand out more.
Wii U comes with the beta code, but unfortunately you can only access the beta on February. Still, let`s hope that it can still sell despite the Wii versions being on the market for some time now.

I think that Nintendo has enough to sell the Wii U for the first few months but let`s see if there is good support coming from the japanese developers. That is what will matter.

Europe & France up!

European software chart:

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
Activision, Shooter
273,037 2,530,432 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (X360)
Activision, Shooter
227,234 2,513,362 3
Just Dance 4 (Wii)
Ubisoft, Misc
166,526 719,120 9
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
Ubisoft, Shooter
159,829 159,829 1
Far Cry 3 (X360)
Ubisoft, Shooter
158,405 158,405 1
Nintendo Land (WiiU)
Nintendo, Misc
124,490 124,490 1
Assassin's Creed III (PS3)
Ubisoft, Action
113,590 1,106,732 5
Halo 4 (X360)
Microsoft Game Studios, Shooter
105,705 1,165,021 4
FIFA 13 (PS3)
Electronic Arts, Sports
99,323 3,133,454 10
New Super Mario Bros. U (WiiU)
Nintendo, Platform
90,507 90,507 1
Assassin's Creed III (X360)
Ubisoft, Action
85,904 869,024 5
Hitman: Absolution (PS3)
Square Enix, Action
85,494 282,835 2
FIFA 13 (X360)
Electronic Arts, Sports
83,885 2,454,545 10
Far Cry 3 (PC)
Ubisoft, Shooter
78,149 78,149 1
Hitman: Absolution (X360)
Square Enix, Action
71,222 230,746 2
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
Nintendo, Platform
69,431 867,428 16
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (a Criterion Game) (PS3)
Electronic Arts, Racing
68,523 361,713 5
ZombiU (WiiU)
Ubisoft, Shooter
52,922 52,922 1
Skylanders Giants (Wii)
Activision, Action
51,526 311,468 7
Pokemon Black / White Version 2 (DS)
Nintendo, Role-Playing
48,935 839,569 8

the2real4mafol said:
It seems Xbox 360 dominance, even in the lead up to Christmas seems to be ending. It has never been so close before. Just 20000 between the two!

That was a myth for begining... the 360 dominance in Christmas season just hapened in last year with the Kinect boost the sales. Every other years is a tie or Sony (well 2009 the PS3 have a dominance year too).