By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Mod Application

Wow, Tads, you're pretty good Mod so far!

Nice job on trying to comfort the community with those smiley faces! They always break the mold.

Around the Network
pezus said:
room414 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
room414 said:
all nintendo fans

fuck me

dark times ahead

I'm quite surprised people think I'm a Nintendo fan. The Squirtle decorations are just that. If you guys would check out my profile or post history you'd see that I've barely spent any dedicated time in the Nintendo forums and own the least products from Nintendo in comparison to what I own from Sony and MS. Although I enjoy some Nintendo experiences, that also doesn't qualify as me disliking the offers of the others. Tastes do not need to be mutually exclusive.

We picked with no regard to console affiliation. It was a big factor in the day, but it produced some awful mods from time to time and encouraged a stratified community. Also that guy is just trolling so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Trolling? Funny how people label anything they disagree with as trolling. 

More of a reaction based on the fact that i can't recall a single nintendo fan mod who wasn't a glory hound with a giant stick up their ass. I'm sure there must have been some decent ones but none come to mind. 

Of course that description is by no means exclusive to nintendo fan mods...

Now is not the time to fear, room414. I feel like the mods were great choices, Nintendo fans or not.

Good idea pezus, get the ass kissing in early.

I think the choices were all sublime. 

trasharmdsister12 said:
I'd also appreciate it if people would ease up on the glorification of the role of a mod. I didn't apply to have any sort of "glory" (if there is any to be had). I wished to be a mod to help the community grow, garner proper discussion, cut back on some of the needless stuff, advise on proper behavior when someone is in doubt, and just help members feel welcome and open here without stomping on others' grounds. I'm not sure about the other mods but I find it makes things really awkward for me so again, if you feel you must, please PM me with praise or hate.

Thank you

This is the "New Mod Application" thread, so if this was directed at me, sorry for making you awkward that was not my intent. As I said, I was just looking forward to the result of the selection process and it pretty much ends there.

Good luck

I think there should be a rule restricting post to a certain smiley to text ratio.

I don't like smiley icons.

room414 said:
amp316 said:
room414 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
room414 said:
all nintendo fans

fuck me

dark times ahead

I'm quite surprised people think I'm a Nintendo fan. The Squirtle decorations are just that. If you guys would check out my profile or post history you'd see that I've barely spent any dedicated time in the Nintendo forums and own the least products from Nintendo in comparison to what I own from Sony and MS. Although I enjoy some Nintendo experiences, that also doesn't qualify as me disliking the offers of the others. Tastes do not need to be mutually exclusive.

We picked with no regard to console affiliation. It was a big factor in the day, but it produced some awful mods from time to time and encouraged a stratified community. Also that guy is just trolling so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

More of a reaction based on the fact that i can't recall a single nintendo fan mod who wasn't a glory hound with a giant stick up their ass. I'm sure there must have been some decent ones but none come to mind. 

I am a new Nintendo fan mod.  Do you think that I'm a glory hound with a giant stick up my ass?

time will tell

If it was about me grandstanding and being power hungry, I would have come up with some lame excuse for banning you but didn't.  I assure you that the reason that I have taken this job is to try to help improve the community in any way that I can (basically what Tads said, but with a lot less words...), But I suppose time will tell as you said.  

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
room414 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
room414 said:
all nintendo fans

fuck me

dark times ahead

Nordlead, Torillian, Onyxmeth, Makingmusic476, off the top of my head. Probably many more.

You're just remembering the awful ones (Maxwell, Shams and FishyJoe)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

pezus said:

I believe in Harvey Dent the new mods

I believe there's a hero in all of us with green banners on our profile pictures.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I think the next mods should be people who have owned consoles from all of the big 3...

*points down to sig*

pezus said:

I believe in Harvey Dent the new mods

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

I think ther should be a rule about how many "e" 's you put in a post.

How about 3.