By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii has much more third party interesting games than any other for me

Torillian said:

Don't really care about the j-games point, just arguing the thing I care about: JRPGs.  Obviously the Wii is going to have more "j-games" because the entirety of Nintendo's development is Japan based.  But as far as third parties go, I doubt that's true either but then if you count all the titles that Nintendo fans disparage as crap put on the Wii to make money than the Wii actually had more Western third party support as well, just not the kind you want.  Which is probably the same for his list of J-games, there were tons, just not the kind you want.

Whatever. :P
Like I told you, I already went over that with Oni, and actually pointed them out in his list. -> http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4645988

So your post is just making it fuzzy again, when before we had numbers to work off of. And plus, now you're jumping from numbers to quality, so you're all over the place Tor.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Torillian said:

Don't really care about the j-games point, just arguing the thing I care about: JRPGs.  Obviously the Wii is going to have more "j-games" because the entirety of Nintendo's development is Japan based.  But as far as third parties go, I doubt that's true either but then if you count all the titles that Nintendo fans disparage as crap put on the Wii to make money than the Wii actually had more Western third party support as well, just not the kind you want.  Which is probably the same for his list of J-games, there were tons, just not the kind you want.

Whatever. :P
Like I told you, I already went over that with Oni, and actually pointed them out in his list. -> http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4645988

So your post is just making it fuzzy again, when before we had numbers to work off of. And plus, now you're jumping from numbers to quality, so you're all over the place Tor.

Quality is a reasonable argument when someone calls the Wii the saving grace of J-gaming.  

But ok, I'll just stick with the initial point then, you don't have numbers to work off of because his JRPG list is filled with things that have absolutely no defining RPG mechanics and is useless for a JRPG discussion.  Impressive as the work he put into is, it's all moot if it isn't accurate.

Torillian said:

Quality is a reasonable argument when someone calls the Wii the saving grace of J-gaming.  

But ok, I'll just stick with the initial point then, you don't have numbers to work off of because his JRPG list is filled with things that have absolutely no defining RPG mechanics and is useless for a JRPG discussion.  Impressive as the work he put into is, it's all moot if it isn't accurate.

Okay, but did you check to see if he used the same metric in the PS3 list?

It doesn't matter what you prefer bottom line, what matters is that his list is meaningful. And if he considers Zelda an RPG (some do), so long as he's being consistent it's okay.

Sure, for the strict topic of j-rpg I'd agree with you he should just include games that are true RPGs. But when it comes to the validity of his list, if he considers a game or another an RPG when there is a level of grey-zone (Zelda is renouned for it), as long as he's consistent it's not fair to just brush it off.

So, did you see any similar games (like Zelda and Harvest Moon) in the PS3 list?

EDIT: I guess the follow-up question is, are there any games not in that PS3 list that he could've included using the metric he used for the Wii?

If he's being inconsistent, then strip off the ones you disagree with and you still get a decent list. We can then argue whether he's right or wrong. Or we can do like Oni did and make our own lists.

happydolphin said:
Torillian said:

Okay, but did you check to see if he used the same metric in the PS3 list?

It doesn't matter what you prefer bottom line, what matters is that his list is meaningful. And if he considers Zelda an RPG (some do), so long as he's being consistent it's okay.

Sure, for the strict topic of j-rpg I'd agree with you he should just include games that are true RPGs. But when it comes to the validity of his list, if he considers a game or another an RPG when there is a level of grey-zone (Zelda is renouned for it), as long as he's consistent it's not fair to just brush it off.

So, did you see any similar games (like Zelda and Harvest Moon) in the PS3 list?

I ran through both lists, the PS3 list is missing three like he mentioned, has three games that aren't really going to come out any time soon if ever (FFX HD, FFV13, Persona 5) as well as several non-RPGs but not nearly the number as the Wii.   

So you want the list to be meaningful?  I don't see how it can be, being consistantly wrong in how you make a list of games for a specific genre means that it's useless because unless both systems have the same number of games that look like but aren't RPGs then the mistakes don't cancel each other out.  A list of all 3rd party titles developed in Japan would be meaningful because his genre definitions wouldn't come into play, but that's not the case here.

Torillian said:

I ran through both lists, the PS3 list is missing three like he mentioned, has three games that aren't really going to come out any time soon if ever (FFX HD, FFV13, Persona 5) as well as several non-RPGs but not nearly the number as the Wii.   

So you want the list to be meaningful?  I don't see how it can be, being consistantly wrong in how you make a list of games for a specific genre means that it's useless because unless both systems have the same number of games that look like but aren't RPGs then the mistakes don't cancel each other out.  A list of all 3rd party titles developed in Japan would be meaningful because his genre definitions wouldn't come into play, but that's not the case here.

What I was trying to say was that, if he has a different definition of a genre, then as long as he's consistent you can't argue its correctness. Here again, if he includes yet to be released games in all his lists, then he's being consistent, and you need to go by his metric.

If you wanted a list to your liking, then maybe you need another one. If you want one that's about j-RPG-esque games, including yet to be released titles, then his list is for you.

All I'm saying is that as long as he's consistent across the board, you can't blame him for being sloppy. But, you can say that it's not the list that suits what you're looking for.

I don't mean to pussy-foot, but I did note that the guy put in time to make that, and I find it unfair to just brush it off like that for whatever non-related reason you might have.

Now ultimately you might disagree with his original j-rpg on Wii being better claim, but you don't need to bash his list in the process.

EDIT: To be clear, I did read what you said, but I don't consider 3 items in the list to be a gross mistake. It's probably something he's keeping up to date.

Around the Network

@Tor. Ultimately, to consider his list really bad, you'd have to find many cases where he's being inconsistent. Like, I'm not too familiar with the games lists, but take a western game like Darksiders. If there are japanese games like Zelda that he didn't include in his PS3 list, as compared to those he missed for the Wii, then yeah there's an issue.

What a surprise. Thread goes like shit and mods in the moon.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

oniyide said:
Araknie said:

I just LOVED like most people didn't get the words "my list of games" and "exclusive".

Just everybody show me like the HD consoles have multiplatforms.

EXCLUSIVES i talk about.

Thanks for the other who get the message.

didnt get the message??? LMAO, dude YOU were the one who put 3rd party in your title thread and then went on to list games that were not 3rd party. Either remove the first party games or change the title thread

I'll explain that to you. To demonstrate how many good Third Party titles there are out there, i'll to do a list of the exclusive Wii games i have that are good. So you can compare First Party to Third Party and see if there's a good amount of 3rd ones comparing to the amount of 1st ones.

You know VGChartz is all about comparisons, yeah, now you get my message?

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

The Wii has a few third party gems, but the problem is they are so few in a sea of shit.

BasilZero said:

Muramasa The Demon Blade and Tatsunoko VS Capcom

^ Only good third party titles exclusive I've played on the Wii, the rest were ports or garbage games.

Havent tried The Last Story yet but will eventually.

Pandoras Tower >>>> The Last Story - pick Pandoras Tower instead

Also you miss out on Little Kings Story and Monster Hunter Tri.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]