By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii has much more third party interesting games than any other for me

oniyide said:
happydolphin said:
Cassiel said:

Because it's one (/two) game(s) I'm interested in, mainly because of the controls (that's the point in its case, or else I wouldn't even look at it, being western and all).And yes the userbase got tiny, since "PC games" moved to consoles because of 360's success.That also lead to Japanese gamers, losing their interest too, because their 'big brand' Sony, wasn't that 'japanese' any longer.So they moved to portables, which are Jgaming's saving grace, besides Wii.That's why the 3DS tops sales over there by a wide margin.It has no real "western support".Which is just fine by me, since it might probably be my favourite new console,since it has tons of games released and to be released I play/want to play.

I like this, and kind of agree. But in that case, why did we and are we seeing most j-centric games on PSP/Vita? Why is Nintendo's console not getting them?

Persona 4 just came out on Vita (originally a PS2 game). Shouldn't that be a 3DS game?

That's where I'm confused.

Another question, what are the big 3rd party RPGs on Wii apart from Dragon Quest X and some FF spin-offs? I see more big j-rpgs on the PS3 honestly.

Persona4 was a PS2 game and is going to Vita why should it be on 3ds?? GET A VITA!!

there were no big 3rd party JRPGS on WIi beside what you mentioned and yes the PS3 did have more and is getting more, so im not quite sure what the hell that other guy is smoking. ToG come to mind but considering that a superior version was released on PS3 and the Wii one never made it to the US, not really counting it.

Actually no you are both wrong on both accounts.PS3 -just- started having more JRPGs than Wii does, and that's only because the Wii is 'dying' and for no other reason.That doesn't change the fact that it still has the best jRPGs of this generation.An generally Wii has more jgaming quantity than any of the other two.As for 3DS, it barely has any western games, but it has tons of japanese games already (over 100), having also most japanese big name franchises on board,or slated to be released this year (for example, I already have 14 big name jgames for it,while having no money to buy another 5 ones, and that's only during it's first 16 months).As for jRPGs specifically, I've been 'recording' them all since the last generation, and here they are in this thread I made -without- including anything announced during the last 2-3 months (don't mind the release dates, I haven't updated some of them too). You can clearly see why PSVita can't hold up to 3DS in that area,but it -still- aquires them at a faster rate than any of the 2 HD consoles did, even though it's not selling:

http://www.anime.gr/forum/index.php?/topic/4930-%CF%8C%CE%BB%CE%B1-%CF%84%CE%B1-%CE%B9%CE%B1%CF%80%CF%89%CE%BD%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%AC-rpgs-%CF%80%CE%B1%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%8D%CF%83%CE%B1%CF%82-%CE%B3%CE%B5%CE%BD%CE%B9%CE%AC%CF%82-%CE%BA%CE%BF%CE%BD%CF%83%CE%BF%CE%BB%CF%8E%CE%BD-%CF%80%CE%BF%CF%85-%CE%BA/

The ones missing would be those:

====

PS3:

Atelier Arcier: The Alchemist of the Land of Dusk
Neptunia V
Tales of Xillia 2

Xbox 360:
New Class of Heroes: Chrono Academy

3DS:
Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter RPG
Medabots 7: Kabuto Ver. / Kuwagata Ver.
Project Hapiness
Project X Zone
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Unchained Blades Exiv

PSP:
Elminage Another Tale
Elminage Gothic: Ulm Zakir to Yami no Gishiki
Final Fantasy III
Generation of Chaos VI
Gundam Ace:Universe Accel/Cosmic Drive
Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere Portable
Lost Heroes
SD Gundam G Generation Over World
Seinaru Kana: Orichalcum no Na no Motoni
Trails of Nayuta
Unchained Blades Exiv
World Neverland: Naruru Oukoku Monogatari

====

Watching the events of the cosmos unfold in tears and solitude

Around the Network

I can't think of a single point is the Wii's life where it had more JRPGs than either of its two competitors.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Cassiel said:
oniyide said:
happydolphin said:
Cassiel said:

Because it's one (/two) game(s) I'm interested in, mainly because of the controls (that's the point in its case, or else I wouldn't even look at it, being western and all).And yes the userbase got tiny, since "PC games" moved to consoles because of 360's success.That also lead to Japanese gamers, losing their interest too, because their 'big brand' Sony, wasn't that 'japanese' any longer.So they moved to portables, which are Jgaming's saving grace, besides Wii.That's why the 3DS tops sales over there by a wide margin.It has no real "western support".Which is just fine by me, since it might probably be my favourite new console,since it has tons of games released and to be released I play/want to play.

I like this, and kind of agree. But in that case, why did we and are we seeing most j-centric games on PSP/Vita? Why is Nintendo's console not getting them?

Persona 4 just came out on Vita (originally a PS2 game). Shouldn't that be a 3DS game?

That's where I'm confused.

Another question, what are the big 3rd party RPGs on Wii apart from Dragon Quest X and some FF spin-offs? I see more big j-rpgs on the PS3 honestly.

Persona4 was a PS2 game and is going to Vita why should it be on 3ds?? GET A VITA!!

there were no big 3rd party JRPGS on WIi beside what you mentioned and yes the PS3 did have more and is getting more, so im not quite sure what the hell that other guy is smoking. ToG come to mind but considering that a superior version was released on PS3 and the Wii one never made it to the US, not really counting it.

Actually no you are both wrong on both accounts.PS3 -just- started having more JRPGs than Wii does, and that's only because the Wii is 'dying' and for no other reason.That doesn't change the fact that it still has the best jRPGs of this generation.An generally Wii has more jgaming quantity than any of the other two.As for 3DS, it barely has any western games, but it has tons of japanese games already (over 100), having also most japanese big name franchises on board,or slated to be released this year (for example, I already have 14 big name jgames for it,while having no money to buy another 5 ones, and that's only during it's first 16 months).As for jRPGs specifically, I've been 'recording' them all since the last generation, and here they are in this thread I made -without- including anything announced during the last 2-3 months (don't mind the release dates, I haven't updated some of them too). You can clearly see why PSVita can't hold up to 3DS in that area,but it -still- aquires them at a faster rate than any of the 2 HD consoles did, even though it's not selling:

http://www.anime.gr/forum/index.php?/topic/4930-%CF%8C%CE%BB%CE%B1-%CF%84%CE%B1-%CE%B9%CE%B1%CF%80%CF%89%CE%BD%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%AC-rpgs-%CF%80%CE%B1%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%8D%CF%83%CE%B1%CF%82-%CE%B3%CE%B5%CE%BD%CE%B9%CE%AC%CF%82-%CE%BA%CE%BF%CE%BD%CF%83%CE%BF%CE%BB%CF%8E%CE%BD-%CF%80%CE%BF%CF%85-%CE%BA/

The ones missing would be those:

====

PS3:

Atelier Arcier: The Alchemist of the Land of Dusk
Neptunia V
Tales of Xillia 2

Xbox 360:
New Class of Heroes: Chrono Academy

3DS:
Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter RPG
Medabots 7: Kabuto Ver. / Kuwagata Ver.
Project Hapiness
Project X Zone
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Unchained Blades Exiv

PSP:
Elminage Another Tale
Elminage Gothic: Ulm Zakir to Yami no Gishiki
Final Fantasy III
Generation of Chaos VI
Gundam Ace:Universe Accel/Cosmic Drive
Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere Portable
Lost Heroes
SD Gundam G Generation Over World
Seinaru Kana: Orichalcum no Na no Motoni
Trails of Nayuta
Unchained Blades Exiv
World Neverland: Naruru Oukoku Monogatari

====

Valkyria Chronicles

eternal Sonata

Star ocean the last hope

ar tonelico WE

Final Fantasy 13 & 2

Hyperdimension Neptunia1&2

White Knight Chronicles 1 &2

Folklore

Demon's Soul

Resonance of Fate

Disgae 3 &4

3d dot games hero

Cross Edge 

Nier

Atelier series (3 games)

Trinity Universe 

Enchanted Arms

Tales of Graces f

Last Rebellion

Tales of Xilia

Record of Agarest War

Dark souls 

Tales of Vesperia

Most of those games have been released prior to 2010, so do you really believe that PS3 is just NOW getting more JRPGs than Wii?? Even if that were true thats not the point, the point is that at the end of the day, PS3 will have a larger JRPG library, deal with it.

Cassiel said:

<list>

I'll be honest that's an impressive list.

But you're not answering my question, and said I said something wrong when I didn't.

This was in your original post

Cassiel

So they moved to portables, which are Jgaming's saving grace, besides Wii.That's why the 3DS tops sales over there by a wide margin.It has no real "western support".

You're including the Wii in Jgaming's saving grace, but you didn't mention the PS3, which I asked you about here:

happyD

And I wasn't so far off. In your list, there are almost 15 FF/DQ/HM/Pokemon spin-offs.

FF Fables, Crystal Defenders R1/R2, FFCC 1/2/3/4, HM 1/2/3, PMD 1/2/3

DQ Anniversary collection, DQ Monsters, DQ Swords

The PS3 collection is not only bigger, but has much more renouned entries, much more content-rich entries.

As for 3DS against Sony's offerings, I said

HappyD

But in that case, why did we and are we seeing most j-centric games on PSP/Vita? Why is Nintendo's [3DS] console not getting them?

You can argue that the PSP offerings are dwindling. I don't know since I don't have a visual graph of # of PSP j games over time. But I still see lots of PSP games in the media create threads, and games like Persona 4 releasing on the Vita. I was just wondering why the 3DS wasn't getting them too.

Oni says the creators didn't think it was powerful enough, but I wouldn't buy that for a second, the 3DS is almost as powerful as a Wii, which is much further than a PS2.

I was asking you because you seemed knowledgeable. Just use your knowledge to actually answer my Qtns if you can.

I was simple speculating what could have happened. I dont know why it wasnt on 3ds and neither do you. Frankly i dont care either way, i have vita and will be getting that game at launch.

Around the Network

oniyide,yes the PS3 will have more J-Games by the end of the day,but that's only because unlike Wii it's still 'alive' and will be so for another 2-3 years.But right now it doesn't.And yes the PS3 does only have more jRPGs just now compared to Wii. You can count,look at the list. Wii (39) vs PS3 (40).That's a one game difference.And it so 'happens' that the Wii is going out right now.

happydolphin, I was talking about your comment about PSP/Vita getting more j-centric games compared to 3DS.As you can see 3DS already has 40 RPGs in the pipeline,compared to Vita's 15. It's getting more jgames than Vita in general,not just RPGs.You can check www.gamefaqs.com for both of their releated games lists.Vita has a lot of JGames for the future, but 3DS has even more already out there and coming.If you periodically watched "Nintendo Direct" you would clearly see every once ni a while how much they are hammering 3DS, with new jgames. It practically has the biggest franchises available and much more, which Vita doesn't.At least not yet.As for PS3 it might have more different entries, but that wasn't always the case.I've seen that throughout the years while updating that list. Because of the Wii's 2 last -mediocre- years it managed to get even in quantity, but I don't really see them as being better in quality.The best of this generation are still on Wii.In the end that's probably going to chance,but that's only because the Wii is on it's way out.

Anyway I'm in the middle of exams and can't keep writing that much.Just wanted to add my two cents why I also thing that the Wii has more interesting games than the others.And if it counts for anything in general, there are about 100 PS3/360 (in total for both of them) games out there right now that I played/want to play, but 121 Wii games out there right now that I played/want to play.That's why I prefer the Wii compared to the other 2, because it has more Jgaming to offer that interests me.Oh and obviously I'll probably never find the time to play all those (not to mention a PS3 too:P) XD

Watching the events of the cosmos unfold in tears and solitude

Cassiel said:

oniyide,yes the PS3 will have more J-Games by the end of the day,but that's only because unlike Wii it's still 'alive' and will be so for another 2-3 years.But right now it doesn't.And yes the PS3 does only have more jRPGs just now compared to Wii. You can count,look at the list. Wii (39) vs PS3 (40).That's a one game difference.And it so 'happens' that the Wii is going out right now.

happydolphin, I was talking about your comment about PSP/Vita getting more j-centric games compared to 3DS.As you can see 3DS already has 40 RPGs in the pipeline,compared to Vita's 15. It's getting more jgames than Vita in general,not just RPGs.You can check www.gamefaqs.com for both of their releated games lists.Vita has a lot of JGames for the future, but 3DS has even more already out there and coming.If you periodically watched "Nintendo Direct" you would clearly see every once ni a while how much they are hammering 3DS, with new jgames. It practically has the biggest franchises available and much more, which Vita doesn't.At least not yet.As for PS3 it might have more different entries, but that wasn't always the case.I've seen that throughout the years while updating that list. Because of the Wii's 2 last -mediocre- years it managed to get even in quantity, but I don't really see them as being better in quality.The best of this generation are still on Wii.In the end that's probably going to chance,but that's only because the Wii is on it's way out.

Anyway I'm in the middle of exams and can't keep writing that much.Just wanted to add my two cents why I also thing that the Wii has more interesting games than the others.And if it counts for anything in general, there are about 100 PS3/360 (in total for both of them) games out there right now that I played/want to play, but 121 Wii games out there right now that I played/want to play.That's why I prefer the Wii compared to the other 2, because it has more Jgaming to offer that interests me.Oh and obviously I'll probably never find the time to play all those (not to mention a PS3 too:P) XD

so when its all said and done you were still wrong.

oniyide said:

He probably wasn't. Also, that's kind of rude.

The guy did his homework did you check his link? The games listed for Wii are all old games. The only argument we have on him is that many of the games are of a weaker make (DQ/FF/Pokemon/etc. spin-offs). Plus this is only counting jrpgs, remember.

But otherwise, including those games, he's still right. But, to not include the PS3 in the j-saving grace point is biased I'll agree.

Plus, he gave you his numbers above and beyond the j-RPGs:

And if it counts for anything in general, there are about 100 PS3/360 (in total for both of them) games out there right now that I played/want to play, but 121 Wii games out there right now that I played/want to play.That's why I prefer the Wii compared to the other 2, because it has more Jgaming to offer that interests me.

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

He probably wasn't. Also, that's kind of rude.

The guy did his homework did you check his link? The games listed for Wii are all old games. The only argument we have on him is that many of the games are of a weaker make (DQ/FF/Pokemon/etc. spin-offs). Plus this is only counting jrpgs, remember.

But otherwise, including those games, he's still right. But, to not include the PS3 in the j-saving grace point is biased I'll agree.

Plus, he gave you his numbers above and beyond the j-RPGs:

And if it counts for anything in general, there are about 100 PS3/360 (in total for both of them) games out there right now that I played/want to play, but 121 Wii games out there right now that I played/want to play.That's why I prefer the Wii compared to the other 2, because it has more Jgaming to offer that interests me.

i did check the link it was in a language i didnt understand. So i ddint bother. I did my own search for Wii Jrpgs and there is a bunch, but its not like there are so many it rules the roost, which was my point anyway

oniyide said:

i did check the link it was in a language i didnt understand. So i ddint bother. I did my own search for Wii Jrpgs and there is a bunch, but its not like there are so many it rules the roost, which was my point anyway

It was your point, but it wasn't his. He was really talking about j-games in general at first.

And odds are for j-RPGs, earlier in the gen, the Wii was probably topping the PS3 by a good margin 2009 and prior. I will agree the quality level of a good bunch of those is weak, but in terms of numbers you can't say he's really wrong.

Also, you should try google chrome, it translates for you! :P