By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii has much more third party interesting games than any other for me

Andrespetmonkey said:
What is the third party list? I'll come back with a PS3/360/PC list of quality titles 3 times the size ;P

Only 3 times!!?? I'm sure you can be much more ambitious in that. I say 20 times. 

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:
So now it's about listing some shitty 3rd party games on Wii to prove that it HAS 3rd party games. How many of them have a 85+ metascore?

"Shitty" is largely a relative term my friend

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

i did check the link it was in a language i didnt understand. So i ddint bother. I did my own search for Wii Jrpgs and there is a bunch, but its not like there are so many it rules the roost, which was my point anyway

It was your point, but it wasn't his. He was really talking about j-games in general at first.

And odds are for j-RPGs, earlier in the gen, the Wii was probably topping the PS3 by a good margin 2009 and prior. I will agree the quality level of a good bunch of those is weak, but in terms of numbers you can't say he's really wrong.

Also, you should try google chrome, it translates for you! :P

2009 and prior, sure that much is true, but really its 2012. why not talk about recent years? But WE, and im not going through all that with google chrome

OP: Good for you, now tell me how that helps me, or any other person who doesn't share your particular taste in games? That the Wii has had horrible, proper 3rd party support is not even worth discussing again, that is simply a fact at this point.

Edit; also, like others have pointed out, a lot of those are not third party titles...

I'm glad you're enjoying your console anyways though! Nothing wrong with that.

oniyide said:

2009 and prior, sure that much is true, but really its 2012. why not talk about recent years? But WE, and im not going through all that with google chrome

Whatever! :P

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

i did check the link it was in a language i didnt understand. So i ddint bother. I did my own search for Wii Jrpgs and there is a bunch, but its not like there are so many it rules the roost, which was my point anyway

It was your point, but it wasn't his. He was really talking about j-games in general at first.

And odds are for j-RPGs, earlier in the gen, the Wii was probably topping the PS3 by a good margin 2009 and prior. I will agree the quality level of a good bunch of those is weak, but in terms of numbers you can't say he's really wrong.

Also, you should try google chrome, it translates for you! :P

I disagree, the list just isn't all that accurate.  It contains a number of titles that are nowhere near confirmed (Persona 5 on PS3) and games that have no actual RPG aspects to them (Zelda, 3DDGH, can't think of any RPG aspects in Harvest Moon either, and Animal Crossing).  Yes he made a massive list but the validity for any real discussion is pretty weak.  Speaking as a JRPG fan who bought a Wii under the assumption that it would get the most, I can't agree with his list.  

Torillian said:

I disagree, the list just isn't all that accurate.  It contains a number of titles that are nowhere near confirmed (Persona 5 on PS3) and games that have no actual RPG aspects to them (Zelda, 3DDGH, can't think of any RPG aspects in Harvest Moon either, and Animal Crossing).  Yes he made a massive list but the validity for any real discussion is pretty weak.  Speaking as a JRPG fan who bought a Wii under the assumption that it would get the most, I can't agree with his list.  

His list is there for the Wii, and he was saying the Wii had more games than the PS3 so your point strengthens his. But you're discrediting the value of his list by pointing out non-confirmed PS3 titles. Any other gripes?

Be more specific, and if you were and that's all you had, then again, your gripe strengthens his point.

Also, you can't argue his numbers. What you can argue is the quality of the titles, but I've already done that for ya ;)

happydolphin said:
Torillian said:

His list is there for the Wii, and he was saying the Wii had more games than the PS3 so your point strengthens his. But you're discrediting the value of his list by pointing out non-confirmed PS3 titles. Any other gripes?

Be more specific, and if you were and that's all you had, then again, your gripe strengthens his point.

Also, you can't argue his numbers. What you can argue is the quality of the titles, but I've already done that for ya ;)

Again, I am arguing his numbers. Animal Crossing, Zelda, Harvest Moon, Monster Hunter, Zangeki no Reginleiv are all not RPGs, they have no rpg mechanics to them and cannot be counted in a list of JRPGs to prove which system has more JRPGs.  I was just pointing out that it's not just his Wii list, his PS3 list isn't correct either not only because of games that have no real release date (Persona 5 and FFV13) but games that again aren't RPGs (3DDGH, Monster Hunter)

Torillian said:

Again, I am arguing his numbers. Animal Crossing, Zelda, Harvest Moon, Monster Hunter, Zangeki no Reginleiv are all not RPGs, they have no rpg mechanics to them and cannot be counted in a list of JRPGs to prove which system has more JRPGs.

I'll give you that, but sticking to the j-games point he initially made, I'd be ready to believe him in general. Plus, his definition of RPG is probably more broad than yours (albeit maybe incorrect), but at least he did his homework, so it's a little pretentious to just discredit it altogether.

happydolphin said:
Torillian said:

Again, I am arguing his numbers. Animal Crossing, Zelda, Harvest Moon, Monster Hunter, Zangeki no Reginleiv are all not RPGs, they have no rpg mechanics to them and cannot be counted in a list of JRPGs to prove which system has more JRPGs.

I'll give you that, but sticking to the j-games point he initially made, I'd be ready to believe him in general. Plus, his definition of RPG is probably more broad than yours (albeit maybe incorrect), but at least he did his homework, so it's a little pretentious to just discredit it altogether.

Don't really care about the j-games point, just arguing the thing I care about: JRPGs.  Obviously the Wii is going to have more "j-games" because the entirety of Nintendo's development is Japan based.  But as far as third parties go, I doubt that's true either but then if you count all the titles that Nintendo fans disparage as crap put on the Wii to make money than the Wii actually had more Western third party support as well, just not the kind you want.  Which is probably the same for his list of J-games, there were tons, just not the kind you want.