By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii has much more third party interesting games than any other for me

Well I could list a lot of third party games from Sony :

InFamous 1 & 2
God of War 3/Ascension
Killzone
Motorstorm
LittleBigPlanet
ModNation Racers and so on :P

Joke aside, the wii has some great third party games, Muramasa and No More heroes are great examples of that. While the list is really limited, it has some awesome games, but that doens't mean its third party list is better than PS3 or 360

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Around the Network
Cassiel said:

Because it's one (/two) game(s) I'm interested in, mainly because of the controls (that's the point in its case, or else I wouldn't even look at it, being western and all).And yes the userbase got tiny, since "PC games" moved to consoles because of 360's success.That also lead to Japanese gamers, losing their interest too, because their 'big brand' Sony, wasn't that 'japanese' any longer.So they moved to portables, which are Jgaming's saving grace, besides Wii.That's why the 3DS tops sales over there by a wide margin.It has no real "western support".Which is just fine by me, since it might probably be my favourite new console,since it has tons of games released and to be released I play/want to play.

I like this, and kind of agree. But in that case, why did we and are we seeing most j-centric games on PSP/Vita? Why is Nintendo's console not getting them?

Persona 4 just came out on Vita (originally a PS2 game). Shouldn't that be a 3DS game?

That's where I'm confused.

Another question, what are the big 3rd party RPGs on Wii apart from Dragon Quest X and some FF spin-offs? I see more big j-rpgs on the PS3 honestly.

Barozi said:
Someone who owns Red Steel 2 AND No More Heroes 2 now that's rare lol

I also have them both, but you are right it is rare.

It's good to know that Mario is third party. Mario on 360, timed exclusive. And if Sony read that, they will probably cancel Battle Royale and sign an exclusivity deal with the developer of Super Smash Bros.

Serious now, by the first post, it looks that the idea was "Wii has much more exclusive interesting games than any other for me".

Wii was certainly had the most interesting games for me as well. I did try a few games on the 360 (Bioshock, Mass Effect, Dragon's Age, Burnout Paradise) didn't like any of them, stuck to my Wii ever since.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Cassiel said:

Because it's one (/two) game(s) I'm interested in, mainly because of the controls (that's the point in its case, or else I wouldn't even look at it, being western and all).And yes the userbase got tiny, since "PC games" moved to consoles because of 360's success.That also lead to Japanese gamers, losing their interest too, because their 'big brand' Sony, wasn't that 'japanese' any longer.So they moved to portables, which are Jgaming's saving grace, besides Wii.That's why the 3DS tops sales over there by a wide margin.It has no real "western support".Which is just fine by me, since it might probably be my favourite new console,since it has tons of games released and to be released I play/want to play.

I like this, and kind of agree. But in that case, why did we and are we seeing most j-centric games on PSP/Vita? Why is Nintendo's console not getting them?

Persona 4 just came out on Vita (originally a PS2 game). Shouldn't that be a 3DS game?

That's where I'm confused.

Another question, what are the big 3rd party RPGs on Wii apart from Dragon Quest X and some FF spin-offs? I see more big j-rpgs on the PS3 honestly.

Persona4 was a PS2 game and is going to Vita why should it be on 3ds?? GET A VITA!!

there were no big 3rd party JRPGS on WIi beside what you mentioned and yes the PS3 did have more and is getting more, so im not quite sure what the hell that other guy is smoking. ToG come to mind but considering that a superior version was released on PS3 and the Wii one never made it to the US, not really counting it.

oniyide said:

Persona4 was a PS2 game and is going to Vita why should it be on 3ds?? GET A VITA!!

there were no big 3rd party JRPGS on WIi beside what you mentioned and yes the PS3 did have more and is getting more, so im not quite sure what the hell that other guy is smoking. ToG come to mind but considering that a superior version was released on PS3 and the Wii one never made it to the US, not really counting it.

He was saying the portables were Japan's saving grace and the 3DS is the leading platform there. So I asked a follow-up question.

Your colors are starting to show bro. I asked a specific question and you totally diverted it as void because it just shouldn't be on 3DS, no reason offered except "It was a PS2 game". You realize how many series jump from one plat to another, especially everything that was on Nintendo's platforms to start with (Megaman, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, the list goes on).

The OP kinda countered his own point, which was dubious enough to start with

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

It's kinda funny how some guys got offended by the OP simply saying that he prefer the Wii's exclusives over the competition.

There's no need to write an essay explaining just how much better the HD consoles' third party titles are.

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

He was saying the portables were Japan's saving grace and the 3DS is the leading platform there. So I asked a follow-up question.

Your colors are starting to show bro. I asked a specific question and you totally diverted it as void because it just shouldn't be on 3DS, no reason offered except "It was a PS2 game". You realize how many series jump from one plat to another, especially everything that was on Nintendo's platforms to start with (Megaman, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, the list goes on).

i just thought it was a strange question, sony probably gave them incentives, or maybe the Persona guys felt like the 3ds wasnt enough for what they wanted for the game. Its not all about install base as the Wii has proven. WHy not ask why the new Rayman is a timed release even though the PS3 version of Orgins sold the best by far.