By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii has much more third party interesting games than any other for me

zarx said:
Araknie said:

Sure "mostly" does not mean for real a large number above in english. (sarcasm)

Sorry to break it to you 

from Oxford 

mostly

Pronunciation: /ˈməʊs(t)li/

adverb

as regards the greater part or number:

the culprits are mostly, but not exclusively, male

usually; generally:

I made some good friends, but mostly met closed-minded people

You will notice no reference to the amount (let alone a large one) more, just that it is the largest.

Alternatively Webster 

Definition of MOSTLY

: for the greatest part : mainly

Unless you are talking about some other English.

It's strange, to be an Oxford definition it's very poor, bah this dictionaries i take the common use in conversations, not a thing from 188X.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Araknie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Araknie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Araknie said:
Explanations for all, read it or you do it on purpose.

The title explains the part of "for me".
Now at the beginning of the post i say the games i own, so you can compare how many third parties are there in front of the first, but i will do math for you.

10 first party titles: SSBB, Metroid Prime 3, NSMBWii, DKCR, MKWii, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, SMG2, Disaster, Xenoblade Chronicles. (yes Nintendo owns Monolith)
9 third party titles: NMH2, Boom Blox, Red Steel 2, Tales of Symphonia 2, Monster Hunter Tri-, Sonic Colours, Darkside Chronicles, Unlimited Cruise 2, Pandora's Tower.

So you see that in my experience Wii was perfectly balanced, stop saying that the list has mostly 1st party because isn't true. You can't really argue with fatcs.

So, this only proves that many of the hatred has come without reading the initial post.

The majority of those games are not third party man, hate to break it to you. You know what third party means? 

Yes, a third party, is a company without a contract of exclusive for doing their games only on that consoles ever, every game they do.

Suda51 is third party, EA is third party, Ubisoft is third, Namco-Bandai is third party, Capcom is third party, SEGA is third party, Ganbarion is under Namco-Bandai so third party.

All the games i said were third are, you know a thing called balance and reading posts. 

I don't have anything to say more, this is so clear, have about it.

Ok now that were over that, you do know that the HD consoles are drowning in hot third party titles compared to the Wii? If you were to compare the two it wouldn't be fair. 80% of the Wii's third party is crap.

That's why i said exclusives in the first post, i can totally agree with multiplatform but XBox360 and PS3 with large Third Party exclusives that make a person have 1:0,9 rate from 1st to 3rd parties in a personal collection? You know that's not even near it.

Multiplatforms sells but exclusives are good games, i'm a gamer that's what i'm interested with.

Also the PS2 had like the same rate of crap but it selled and anybody knows that has many many good games also because they are exclusives. Not comparing the Wii to the PS2, i totally agree that PS2 has more.

It's only a statement with PS3, 360 and Wii, Home Consoles that are out today. The more a consoles has good games, triple that for crap games. The Wii is only an example, the same was on PS2, PS1, SNES and NES. It's totally normal.

Are trying to make the point that multiple platform games are not good games?

Also the wii is nothing like the PS2, PS1  SNES etc. Although it is true that the more games you have the more shovelware you are going to find, the difference is the above platforms also have a ton classic 3rd party games which critics praised to the heaven and still have a lasting legacy. By any systems standards, your list of 3rd party games for the wii is poor, most of the 3rd titles mention recieved good but far from amazing reviews. Understandably you might love them, but the general consesus is against you.

The ps2 had games like FFX, Okami, Metal Gear solid 3, Tekken Tag tournanment, Grand theft auto 3, Devil May Cry...... your 3rd party list is not comparable. Has a 3rd party wii game ever scored above 90 on metacritic? I have a wii and I thought the the 3rd efforts were poor, games like Mad world and no more heroes were supposed to  entice me but they were terribly stale where gameplay is concerned. Okami and RE4 were the only 3rd part titles don't regret buying (never bought Red steel 2).

I said not comparing the Wii to PS2 or other and i said so, read my whole post next time.

"The same was" is intended as situation. And from when opinion of others like the people considered by metacritic, that is only american reviwers, not even european or japanese. And i know how american developers do mostly only two types of games, Action RPGs or FPSs.

I'm out of this thread is pointless to get a message on Nintendo here, i'm so suprprised that Mod didn't close this for the amount of hate i have seen here on a single software house.

Okami, MGS3, Tekken, GTA were not exclusives: Okami on Wii, MGS3 on PC, Tekken only till the 4th installment, GTA on PC. Come on! How many good multiplatforms have you personally seen in front of exclusives? And i mean really good for you games not said by others, because "for me" in the titles means thread of opinion.

That is my message it's my opinion not going to change yours but if you are wrong i will respond with simple facts. And now i'm really out of this thread. But just because i'm starting to repeat myself and that's annoying.

I really wasn't planing on viewing this thread, but the title just bothered me enough I had to say something. I don't know if English is your second language, but the topic title is grammatically broken.

OP's title:

"Wii has much more third party interesting games than any other for me"

Should be:

The Wii has the most interesting third party games

Or if you want to be very specific:

Interesting third party games are more plentiful on the Wii than other platforms

You don't have to say "for me", it's implied by the stated opinion.

OK, I'm done being a Grammar Nazi.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mnementh said:I never doubted the PS2 has much gems (some of them I own), as you also admitted that the Wii has gems. But if I look through the PS2-shelf at Gamestop (I think this is the only game-shop in my city that has PS2-games now), I have much crap for choice. I forgot most titles as I saw them, but Eternal Quest, God Hand, stuff like that. For PS2 exists much of this crap. I somehow doubt, the crap-percentage on PS2 is much lower (if even), than on Wii.

God hand isn't crap, you might not like beat em ups but I grew up on those since the NES. That was a hot and very underrated game that wasn't commercialized at all by Capcom.

Someone always love a game. I shouldn't have named some. But my point is, that if you look for PS2-game, you skip 20 you don't think very high of to choose one. That's the same as with the Wii. Maybe you skip 21 or 19 for Wii, I don't know. But the basic situation is similar. And yes, the PS2 has more games overall. And yes the PS2 has more so called 'core'-games. But that wasn't the point.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mnementh said:I never doubted the PS2 has much gems (some of them I own), as you also admitted that the Wii has gems. But if I look through the PS2-shelf at Gamestop (I think this is the only game-shop in my city that has PS2-games now), I have much crap for choice. I forgot most titles as I saw them, but Eternal Quest, God Hand, stuff like that. For PS2 exists much of this crap. I somehow doubt, the crap-percentage on PS2 is much lower (if even), than on Wii.

God hand isn't crap, you might not like beat em ups but I grew up on those since the NES. That was a hot and very underrated game that wasn't commercialized at all by Capcom.

Someone always love a game. I shouldn't have named some. But my point is, that if you look for PS2-game, you skip 20 you don't think very high of to choose one. That's the same as with the Wii. Maybe you skip 21 or 19 for Wii, I don't know. But the basic situation is similar. And yes, the PS2 has more games overall. And yes the PS2 has more so called 'core'-games. But that wasn't the point.

Um no...you don't get it. Theres a reason its up on the PS2 hits on PSN. Again its quality is a game is a testament to where its being shelved. The PS2 has a much easier library to find hot titles in than the Wii ever did. I would go as far to say in percentage of quality games the Wii is Nintendos worst console. NES, SNES, N64, GC? Yeah...I cannot hold a candle. As I said before the two can be compared because they both had huge libraries which made for lots of shovelware, but the PS2 had a far larger amount of successful quality titles than  the Wii. Notice how someone made a chart of the top Wii titles. I would need a couple more pages full pages for the PS2. You cannot compare the dominance of the PS2 to the Wii. Its not possible. The Playstation dwarfed the Gamecube and the Xbox so badly in so many ways, not just titles but also in sales I mean the original Xbox never made it to twenty-six million copies and the Gamecube got Twenty-one million. 

Around the Network

I just added to the list in the first post a new game i bought it is, here in europe, Project Zero 2 Wii Edition. Added because it's a remake, not a port, from the original after 2 hours of gameplay i'm starting to considering this as the REbirth of the Wii.

This comes unexpected but now i have 10 good first party exclusives and 10 good third party exclusives.

I have a 1:1, so now the Wii has really done it's job for me as Nintendo fan to keep high the name of the company, for me and from the list Wii has more good games than Gamecube.

No new Wii games that i will buy will come out, and with that i mean EXCLUSIVES games. 360, PS3 have some good of 'em but the majority are multiplatforms that i was able to buy also on PC.

Every further comment has to consider the caps lock word i wrote here above.

Cobretti2 said:

spending a lot of money and earining a big profit are two different things. I know which I would prefer. Spend less and make more.

that's why I wouldn't buy a console from you