By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U Launch Line Up vs. Wii U Hardware...

If you have a ps3, it is in your best interest to go ahead and get it for ps3 anyways so you can at least play Mass Effect 2 with it at a cheaper price. As for batman, the wiiu upgrades look minimal at best. You could pick up the GoTY edition for ps3 cheaper too. As for ninja Gaiden, that game is generally accepted as crap. I have no idea why you would want that to sell well. There is no reason why you should buy any of those games on the wiiu when you already have a ps3. Maybe wii only users would possibly buy batman and if they are weird, they might buy the other two, but you would be nuts, rich, or bad at managing your money to buy these ports on the wiiu seeing as they don't offer anything other editions don't already.

The thing is, for someone who might be faced with the option, the Wii U might just be the best version, even if it`s just regarding the control scheme.

NG 3 is bad but from what i read it`s being re-worked and Nintendo is landing a hand. It might just turn out to be good.

DélioPT said:
homer said:
DélioPT said:
Not all wii owners bought a PS3 or Xbox 360 and those who have didn`t necessarily bought ME3 or Batman. I own a PS3 and bought neither and i`m willing to buy ME3 now. But that`s just me, of course.
I believe that the ports have a good chance of selling well enough. NG 3 might sell well now!:D

If anything, I would argue that this is only good for people who don't have an option lol.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
TheSource said:

Theoretically, the Wii U launches with the most established / popular franchises a console has seen I'd say. I can't think of PS1 / PS2 / PS3, NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Xbox, or X360 launching with so much established, popular content. It's not necessarily the best line up of all time, but it's possibly the most "popular" line up ever, if it all does come by March 2013.

I agree. The Wii U's Lineup is a very solid one and I think the casuals are already sold on it. Hardcore Ninty Fans (me) are also sold.

Acevil said:
kitler53 said:

i (and the other ~120M households that already own a ps3 or 360) won't be enticed by any of those titles.  why the hell would i get new hardware to play the same game i already can buy for the hardware i own??  with dragon quest X already out of wii, i don't see that being an enticing title either.

of what's left a few (like sing) look terrible but in short what i see is only titles for the "casuals".  Wii Fit, NSMB, Just Dance, Nintendo Land.  Pikmin, zombieU, rayman will probably all be good games but i dout any of them are real big or system sellers. 

wii U won't be any where near the kind of flop the virtual boy was but i just can't see it doing anywhere near what the wii did either.  So what did the ps3 and 360 do in their first years?  I see the wiiU having a similar launch.

Actually I am getting Assassin Creed III on the Wii U, I do agree with you, but I know some people who will get ACIII on the Wii U including my set of friends...the other titles however are almost doomed. 

Are you...

A) getting AC III for wii U

or

B) getting a wii U for AC III

...because there is a big difference.

homer said:

DélioPT said:
homer said:
DélioPT said:
Not all wii owners bought a PS3 or Xbox 360 and those who have didn`t necessarily bought ME3 or Batman. I own a PS3 and bought neither and i`m willing to buy ME3 now. But that`s just me, of course.
I believe that the ports have a good chance of selling well enough. NG 3 might sell well now!:D

If anything, I would argue that this is only good for people who don't have an option lol.

I`m seeing it as someone who has both consoles in mind and one version to buy.
But i`m guessing we won`t agree on this! :D

kitler53 said:
Acevil said:
kitler53 said:

i (and the other ~120M households that already own a ps3 or 360) won't be enticed by any of those titles.  why the hell would i get new hardware to play the same game i already can buy for the hardware i own??  with dragon quest X already out of wii, i don't see that being an enticing title either.

of what's left a few (like sing) look terrible but in short what i see is only titles for the "casuals".  Wii Fit, NSMB, Just Dance, Nintendo Land.  Pikmin, zombieU, rayman will probably all be good games but i dout any of them are real big or system sellers. 

wii U won't be any where near the kind of flop the virtual boy was but i just can't see it doing anywhere near what the wii did either.  So what did the ps3 and 360 do in their first years?  I see the wiiU having a similar launch.

Actually I am getting Assassin Creed III on the Wii U, I do agree with you, but I know some people who will get ACIII on the Wii U including my set of friends...the other titles however are almost doomed. 

Are you...

or

As an owner of a 360, a PS3, and a gaming PC, I will say this: AC3 is one of the main reasons I want to own a Wii U at launch.

Not sure I entirely understand the logic going on in my head, but that's how I feel about the situation. I agree - it's weird.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Acevil said:
kitler53 said:

Are you...

or

Oh I never get a console for one game ever, I made that mistake with the 360 (Ps3 as well, but I love my ps3 now) and almost did the same with the Vita....I just end up regreting it until a solid title comes out, but I would say that if you had to choose A is the answer. 

The only console I ever buy at launch are Nintendo's because I know what games will be coming for it. The other console I wait until there is enough games that I can get the console and good games right away. So this last gen I ended up waiting until a few months ago to get a PS3 and I bought my 360 two month before the Wii came out. And that is probably how it going to turn out this gen. (If I even see a need to get the other console either.)

kitler53 said:

You need to learn to not talk in such absolutes. I am a PS3 owner. I already own Arkham City on PS3. I am going to buy the Armoured Edition of Arkham City on Wii U.

According to your absolute, I should not be doing that. But I will be.

VGChartz

Say what you want, but the Wii U has a much better launch line up than all three current gen systems did when they launched.

Wii had arguably the strongest with Wii Sports as a pack in and Zelda TP (even though it was a GC port with motion controls) right off the bat. Xbox 360 had Call of Duty 2, a terrible version of Madden, the underwhelming Perfect Dark Zero, and Peter Jackson's King Kong. And the PS3 had Resistance and a Motorstorm demo.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

kitler53 said:
TheSource said:
*OP*

1. Unless you live in Japan, I doubt you'll see DQX on Wii. If the game comes outside, it will likely be on Wii U.

2. In what kind of world NSMB, Wii Fit and Just Dance are no big sellers?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile