By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U Launch Line Up vs. Wii U Hardware...

Slimebeast said:
No, honestly they're in huge trouble in attracting the hardcore gamers. So far the Wii U is perceived 100% same as the Wii, meaning there is Nintendo games + casual fest.

You are not honestly, are you? ZombiU? AC3? Mass Effect? Ninja Gaiden? Aliens? Batman? Darksiders 2? Tekken?

The Wii U-Lineup is far above the Wii line-up at start,

Around the Network
z101 said:
Slimebeast said:
No, honestly they're in huge trouble in attracting the hardcore gamers. So far the Wii U is perceived 100% same as the Wii, meaning there is Nintendo games + casual fest.

You are not honestly, are you? ZombiU? AC3? Mass Effect? Ninja Gaiden? Aliens? Batman? Darksiders 2? Tekken?

But you have to remember that half of those games are/will be old games when the launch with the WiiU! And every single one is multiplat, with the exception of ZombiU (which, actually MIGHT go multiplat!)

It's NOT a strong hard core line up! Great Line Up over all, yes - just nothing much for hard core gamers...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I think it`s too early to tell if Wii U will have the same support by 3rd parties that Xbox 360 and PS3 will have.
it`s clear that Nintendo changed it`s strategy regarding E3. This time it`s just about the launch titles. And honestly i think it`s better this way because it really lets people focus on that. In the end, how many 1st party titles were there vs 3rd party titles?
Honestly i believe that luanch line up isn`t complete. There will probably be some more announcements like Madden, Fifa, PES, Black Op2 and probably MoH.

To say that 3rd parties don`t care about Wii U is nor true. Wii U has been getting more support in terms of numbers and quality in it`s start then Wii ever did. ME3? AC3? NG3? Ghost Recon Online? Dirt? Tekken? Projec Cars?
Aren`t these proof that things are changing? Yes, we won`t get all the ports, but in compensation we will get exclusives that might end up being great.
And Nintendo still hasn`t explained it`s online strategy in detail. Will Miiverse be part of 3rd party titles? That would be sweeet!

z101 said:
Slimebeast said:

Okay, a little bit. But you need all or nearly all multiplatforms to be on the Wii U or else the hardcore gamer don't think it's a viable platform. So far we have got late ports and fringe franchises, except for AC3 which is huge .

Where is Resi 6? Dead Space 3? Bioshock? Crysies 3? Far Cry 3? Tomb Raider? Watch Dogs?

DélioPT said:
To say that 3rd parties don`t care about Wii U is nor true. Wii U has been getting more support in terms of numbers and quality in it`s start then Wii ever did. ME3? AC3? NG3? Ghost Recon Online? Dirt? Tekken? Projec Cars?
Aren`t these proof that things are changing? Yes, we won`t get all the ports, but in compensation we will get exclusives that might end up being great.
And Nintendo still hasn`t explained it`s online strategy in detail. Will Miiverse be part of 3rd party titles? That would be sweeet!

No it's not; that's old games for the most part! Or will be old when the WiiU launches... But I hope this will change! I hope that WiiU will get all 3rd party that the up coming PS720 will get!

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Where is Resi 6? Dead Space 3? Bioshock? Crysies 3? Far Cry 3? Tomb Raider? Watch Dogs?

I second this!!

Where IS that like button?!

DanneSandin said:
DélioPT said:

No it's not; that's old games for the most part! Or will be old when the WiiU launches... But I hope this will change! I hope that WiiU will get all 3rd party that the up coming PS720 will get!

Some might be old, but wii never got them old or new and Wii U is getting them... some new, some old.
ME3 and Batman might be old, but at least Batman has work put into it. ME3 might end up being worked as well. NG3 is also old, but from what i read it might be what fans expected fom the started and never got. Other games like AC3 might be old but just 2/3 weeks old.

And despite being old, they will reach to a new audience.

DélioPT said:

Some might be old, but wii never got them old or new and Wii U is getting them... some new, some old.
ME3 and Batman might be old, but at least Batman has work put into it. ME3 might end up being worked as well. NG3 is also old, but from what i read it might be what fans expected fom the started and never got. Other games like AC3 might be old but just 2/3 weeks old.

A new audience that didn't want those games + dozzens of others enough to buy a PS3 or 360.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
DélioPT said:

A new audience that didn't want those games + dozzens of others enough to buy a PS3 or 360.

Buying them on your console is not the same as buying a console just for one or two games. Not everyone is willing to spend a lot of money to buy a console just because of a few games.

DélioPT said:

Buying them on your console is not the same as buying a console just for one or two games. Not everyone is willing to spend a lot of money to buy a console just because of a few games.

So now you are saying the audiance for the ports is people that don't buy systems at launch (consoles at launch as a rule only have a few games to buy)... Again that is an audiance that won't buy a lot of these games.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!