Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U Launch Line Up vs. Wii U Hardware...

^^ ^
Red steel 2 made that number
im pretty sure RS1 sold better

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

*checks VGCz numbers*

looks like red steel only did 0.64M units.  i don't see any reason why zombieU couldn't get that but that would still be a very mild sales compared to what NSMB, Just dance, and nintendo land are sure to do.

Now that you mention, there must be something wrong with numbers as the game was a million seller and that's I was using as an example. *shrugs*

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I agree, Wii U seems to have a pretty solid launch lineup, in terms of quality, sales potential, and diversity. You've got Pikmin, which will appeal to the Gamecube owners, the more casual stuff like Sing, Wii Fit U, Nintendoland, more arcadey-oldschool games like NSMB U and Rayman, and more core focused titles like ZombiU in addition to the third party ports like Assassin's Creed 3.

The key will be if Nintendo can sustain their sales with a constant flow of these kinds of quality games. And looking at their track record, that is doubtful, especially if third parties are going to continue to snub Nintendo's consoles. But that said, as much as I've whined about the Wii U and voices my skepticism, at the end of the day it will be about the games, and right now, despite Nintendo's poor conference, despite all the negativity at message boards and amongst the Patchers of the world, it is actually shaping up to have a great lineup of games, especially if you were unable to play HD greats like Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Arkam City, etc.

I don't really care one way or another about that tablet controller. I don't care whether it is innovative, whether Sony and MS have rendered it "irrelivent" with their own tablet connectivity, whether it changes gameplay, blah blah blah.. I just want great games.

I will most likely be buying one at launch thanks to the strong launch lineup. Hell, I bought a Gamecube and Wii at launch, and they both had worse lineups than this.

As it is right now, I'm getting the WiiU for one reason: NSMBU, Batman and Darksiders 2 - but I know there will be more games to come!

Games I might get: Pikmin 3, ZombiU, AC3 and Aliens

All in all that's 7 titles right of the bat I wouldn't mind playing/having - and that's for the first month! Thta's not bad, not bad at all.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

No, honestly they're in huge trouble in attracting the hardcore gamers. So far the Wii U is perceived 100% same as the Wii, meaning there is Nintendo games + casual fest.

Lost opportunity I'd say because this mission was all about the first year, to convince the hardcore gamers and to give them the opportunity to jump into next gen early. After the first year (less than that in reality) the gamer's mindset is quickly conquered by the PS4 and X720.

They have no 1st party Must Have (Mario Super brothers Wii U looks too similar to the Wii and 3DS versions, it's essentially the same game) and I think 3d party support is much less than anybody would have imagined/feared (lack of multiplatforms and 3d party exclusives such as Zombi U screams "I'm a casual game!").

I originally thought the Wii U would clearly sell over 50 million lifetime but I doubt it now.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
No, honestly they're in huge trouble in attracting the hardcore gamers. So far the Wii U is perceived 100% same as the Wii, meaning there is Nintendo games + casual fest.

You are not honestly, are you? ZombiU? AC3? Mass Effect? Ninja Gaiden? Aliens? Batman? Darksiders 2? Tekken?

The Wii U-Lineup is far above the Wii line-up at start,

z101 said:
Slimebeast said:

You are not honestly, are you? ZombiU? AC3? Mass Effect? Ninja Gaiden? Aliens? Batman? Darksiders 2? Tekken?

But you have to remember that half of those games are/will be old games when the launch with the WiiU! And every single one is multiplat, with the exception of ZombiU (which, actually MIGHT go multiplat!)

It's NOT a strong hard core line up! Great Line Up over all, yes - just nothing much for hard core gamers...

I think it`s too early to tell if Wii U will have the same support by 3rd parties that Xbox 360 and PS3 will have.
it`s clear that Nintendo changed it`s strategy regarding E3. This time it`s just about the launch titles. And honestly i think it`s better this way because it really lets people focus on that. In the end, how many 1st party titles were there vs 3rd party titles?
Honestly i believe that luanch line up isn`t complete. There will probably be some more announcements like Madden, Fifa, PES, Black Op2 and probably MoH.

To say that 3rd parties don`t care about Wii U is nor true. Wii U has been getting more support in terms of numbers and quality in it`s start then Wii ever did. ME3? AC3? NG3? Ghost Recon Online? Dirt? Tekken? Projec Cars?
Aren`t these proof that things are changing? Yes, we won`t get all the ports, but in compensation we will get exclusives that might end up being great.
And Nintendo still hasn`t explained it`s online strategy in detail. Will Miiverse be part of 3rd party titles? That would be sweeet!

z101 said:
Slimebeast said:

Okay, a little bit. But you need all or nearly all multiplatforms to be on the Wii U or else the hardcore gamer don't think it's a viable platform. So far we have got late ports and fringe franchises, except for AC3 which is huge .

Where is Resi 6? Dead Space 3? Bioshock? Crysies 3? Far Cry 3? Tomb Raider? Watch Dogs?

DélioPT said:
To say that 3rd parties don`t care about Wii U is nor true. Wii U has been getting more support in terms of numbers and quality in it`s start then Wii ever did. ME3? AC3? NG3? Ghost Recon Online? Dirt? Tekken? Projec Cars?
Aren`t these proof that things are changing? Yes, we won`t get all the ports, but in compensation we will get exclusives that might end up being great.
And Nintendo still hasn`t explained it`s online strategy in detail. Will Miiverse be part of 3rd party titles? That would be sweeet!

No it's not; that's old games for the most part! Or will be old when the WiiU launches... But I hope this will change! I hope that WiiU will get all 3rd party that the up coming PS720 will get!