By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Crysis 3 not coming to the Wii U

Destructoid

I had a chance to talk with Rasmus Hoejengaard, Crytek's Director of Creative Development, on what we can expect out of Crysis 3. We covered stuff like the overall plot, new weapons, abilities and how PC players can expect high-end support when the game releases next Spring.

As for Wii U support, Rasmus told us there's "not a fat chance" of the game appearing on Nintendo's next system. Probably for the best, I still don't see how first-person shooters will be any fun on that hulking controller.

http://www.destructoid.com/-fat-chance-of-crysis-3-coming-to-the-wii-u-226413.phtml

Around the Network

Of course it won't come out for the Wii U

Crysis 3 is likely to be an extremely high end game.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Silly decision.

Could be the best console version, could use the U-Pad in cool ways, could have the benefit of "high profile launch game" sales.

Some developers really are silly.

you maybe should change the thread title dude

EDIT: ups sorry fat chance has a different meaning in German.

Disappointing if true. In fact, this was the game Nintendo should have pounced on, made it "theirs" (full/part time exclusive) esp. since the other 2 consoles have their share of shooters, as well as how Crysis 2 didn't sell great on 360/PS3.

Around the Network

Odd, wouldn't they want to get the extra sales by developing on the wiiU? Maybe they want to see if other 3rd parties will do well first?

They probably just don't have the developer's kit.

Love and tolerate.

Wii U doesnt have the power to run the game.

I think a game like Crysis would have been a good launch title for the Wii U to show they will get support from third party devs and try and bring some different games to the Wii U. Nintendo was very successful this gen but the gamecube was just one gen away and dont wanna see wii U go the same way

Their loss.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)