By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Crysis 3 not coming to the Wii U

yea but if battlefield is coming, the next medal of honor uses the same frostbite engine, after all we only can sit and wait for the E3

Around the Network

If they wish to be idiotic and lose a load of sales due to some 'bias', then their loss. As it doesn't seem to be doing much new with the game I don't mind

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Fact is a lot of devs simply don't take Nintendo seriously when it comes to a core game release.

Nintendo just doesn't have a lot of credibility in that area, pretty much all of the hit games on the Wii were either party/dance/music games or Mario/Nintendo mascot games.

I suspect anyways between NSMB Mii + Pikmin 3 + Black Ops 2 + Assassin's Creed 3 likely in the Wii U launch window and who knows what else from Nintendo ... everything else is going to get squeezed out. Especially on a small starter userbase (probably 1.5 mill through Christmas tops).

The PS3/360 have monstrous userbases, most developers making "hardcore" type games like FPS are probably going to focus on those platforms.

Crytek hates money confirmed.

Totaldemon said:

lololololol Crysis didn't appear last year behind Riccitiello during his onstage speech at Nintendo's presser

any 1 noticed this before?

or min 59:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGJ7Hnry_D8

yeah I did notice that gibberish long time ago...!!

Around the Network

Third-party will allways struggle on Nintendo platforms. Nintendo should really address this kind of problem (give them money or publish/promote the game, just any compromise)

Sounds simply like a bandwidth issue to me rather than "we hate Wii U". They have their engine running on PC, PS3 and 360 and are up to speed on all three of those platforms. They've got both Crysis 1 & 2 on all three platforms now so anyone on those platforms can play through the whole story (fractured and wacky as it is).

I'd argue it just doesn't make sense for them to put in the effort to bring the third entry in a franchise to Wii U - they're probably be much better served waiting to bring something new to Wii U at same time as other consoles at a later point.

If Wii U is powerful I'm sure they'll get their engine on it eventually but I suspect that betweem Crysis 3, their Kinect exclusive plus the other bits/bobs they're apparently working on their hands are already full.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Exactly how much effort does it take to port a game over to another console? The Wii U architecture couldn't be that different from current gen consoles.

UltimateUnknown said:

Exactly how much effort does it take to port a game over to another console? The Wii U architecture couldn't be that different from current gen consoles.

The 360 version of the Witcher 2 took 11 months with a staff of around 100 people:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-witcher-2-tech-analysis

And PC and 360 architecture is rather similar.

Crytek making Timesplitters 4 for Wii U instead confirmed.

VGChartz