By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Moderator staff change

Conegamer said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
Kantor said:
For god's sake, stop nominating Maxwell. He's all but left the site, and he hasn't been a mod for a very long time.

Amen

Ill add my name to this list. Not that I have anything against Maxwell ..

I never realised he'd left the mod staff O.o

I wonder what else I missed when I was away...

Yeah there was a resetting of the mod staff a while back where all the mods were taken off, so claims of "fired" is a bit much, though reapplying and not being chosen to come back, would be the more correct way to put it, though why bring back some of the least active mods was a questionable choice, I stuck around for a little while after that, and as MakingMusic likes to point out I do lurk, but I finally left because my heart was in modding and taking it seriously the entire time, when things were reset, well... it felt nice, lots of pressure taken off, I really wanted to get the community back on track, so I would put hours into seeing a report through, peoples history, see if it was a personal dispute, if the guy had a history even history that never went on their record, as in were they bringing the community overall down, add to this the hours spent manually searching IPs to find alt accounts, it was stressful, but I gladly did it for you guys.  

But there are some that still like to drag my name through the mud and muck, which makes moving on easier, not spending hours each night modding and staying apart of the community freed me up for more gaming, my other passions like art, and getting promotions at work (so I'm there all the time lately).  Add to this right before I left, I lost my reliable net, so data heavy sites like VGC tend to take a while to load while tethered to my cell.  Also reconnected with former VGC users/mods and joined their community, which I casually discuss on now... so there's the full story haha

As for someone I'd nominate, it'd be Monty all the way, he has all the passion I have/had, he left once too, had a bit of a rage quit that you guys never knew about but basically it happened when me and MakingMusic were trying to bring up issues with the community and help out the site overall... and well... the discussion didn't go well at the start to say the least lol but when I saw that come out of the discussion that sorta drove me to put a lot more work into modding, now that Monty is back and a mod, he picked up that passion that me and MakingMusic had, I'm glad to see it

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
I think Montana and Kantor would do well as head moderators.

They both seem to always have an ear close to the ground in the community, and they both seem very open to outside opinions when it comes to deciding where the community should be headed. They're also intelligent and level-headed enough to determine what actions would be ultimately be good for the site.

Well...

makingmusic476: you post something about me calling it

makingmusic476: i'm not one to toot my own horn

makingmusic476: but i'll gladly encourage others to do it for me

So I'll toot his horn for him (giggity)
In my post I mentioned we had a discussion that didn't go well, it was the result of a lot of chats between me and MakingMusic, pretty much building each other up to say something about the community needing help, he pulled the trigger first, made a long thoughtful post, and completely called the decline of the community way back (think it was 2009), so MM476 is totally the new Nostradamus with 100% accuracy, and since Monty agreed, he's the obvious choice for head mod! 
Forget Kony 2012, lets go Monty 2012!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Oh geez. Context is needed:

maxwellgt2000: though
maxwellgt2000: you should quote me and say how you predicted the downfall of the community back then
maxwellgt2000: and you were 100% right
maxwellgt2000: but also that Monty realized that and should be head mod :P

Then came my comments from above. And I was only kidding. Didn't think he'd actually do it.

Though I think saying the community "declined" isn't really saying much about the changes it has seen, and it somewhat unfairly paints it as having uniformly gotten worse over the years. It also undersells the hard work naznatips and machina put into the boards over that time, and the many many positive changes that have happened as a result of that effort and dedication.

Oh, and if you haven't caught on by now, I'm secretly an egotistical son of a bitch.  :P

Montana is an excellent mod, he shouldn't let things bring him down, but we're only human right? It's awesome to see someone so invested but sometimes if you take things too much to heart (like I also do alot), it's really easy to get discouraged. It'll be good that he stays strong while taking it with a tad more of a grain of salt, this coming from a passionate guy in general .

About Machina, I'm really sad to see him go. I want him to know that he was really loved on my end, and I loved the work he did. He was, really, a great mod and helped me with my conflicts when I had some.

And if any user is to replace, I would like it to be RolStoppable. That is a person who is committed to the community, and who knows how to keep his cool, and has a good sense of judgement. Some other top choices for me would be Amp and Archbrix. I also find Carl to be a pretty fair poster overall.

makingmusic476 said:

maxwellgt2000: you should quote me and say how you predicted the downfall of the community back then

Then came my comments from above. And I was only kidding. Didn't think he'd actually do it.

Though I think saying the community "declined" isn't really saying much about the changes it has seen, and it somewhat unfairly paints it as having uniformly gotten worse over the years. It also undersells the hard work naznatips and machina put into the boards over that time, and the many many positive changes that have happened as a result of that effort and dedication.

Oh, and if you haven't caught on by now, I'm secretly an egotistical son of a bitch.  :P

Hey now, if we want to get into posting context, I can post things that make your good PR seem rather silly (especially if I go WAAAAY back) but I digress this is why we work well together, you've got the nice public reputation, and I've got the blunt, hurtful, and honest truth, while still being of one mind logically on most subjects, though if we did the fusion dance we'd meet in an acceptable middle

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

You have a loose definition of the word "secretly"

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Conegamer said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
Kantor said:
For god's sake, stop nominating Maxwell. He's all but left the site, and he hasn't been a mod for a very long time.

Amen

Ill add my name to this list. Not that I have anything against Maxwell ..

I never realised he'd left the mod staff O.o

I wonder what else I missed when I was away...

Yeah there was a resetting of the mod staff a while back where all the mods were taken off, so claims of "fired" is a bit much, though reapplying and not being chosen to come back, would be the more correct way to put it, though why bring back some of the least active mods was a questionable choice, I stuck around for a little while after that, and as MakingMusic likes to point out I do lurk, but I finally left because my heart was in modding and taking it seriously the entire time, when things were reset, well... it felt nice, lots of pressure taken off, I really wanted to get the community back on track, so I would put hours into seeing a report through, peoples history, see if it was a personal dispute, if the guy had a history even history that never went on their record, as in were they bringing the community overall down, add to this the hours spent manually searching IPs to find alt accounts, it was stressful, but I gladly did it for you guys.  

But there are some that still like to drag my name through the mud and muck, which makes moving on easier, not spending hours each night modding and staying apart of the community freed me up for more gaming, my other passions like art, and getting promotions at work (so I'm there all the time lately).  Add to this right before I left, I lost my reliable net, so data heavy sites like VGC tend to take a while to load while tethered to my cell.  Also reconnected with former VGC users/mods and joined their community, which I casually discuss on now... so there's the full story haha

As for someone I'd nominate, it'd be Monty all the way, he has all the passion I have/had, he left once too, had a bit of a rage quit that you guys never knew about but basically it happened when me and MakingMusic were trying to bring up issues with the community and help out the site overall... and well... the discussion didn't go well at the start to say the least lol but when I saw that come out of the discussion that sorta drove me to put a lot more work into modding, now that Monty is back and a mod, he picked up that passion that me and MakingMusic had, I'm glad to see it

I'm sad to hear that. As I said, I wasn't here for much of the end of last year, so I didn't realise that there was this issue. Why were all the mods changed anyway? And it's nice to hear that you still did all of that work afterwards. Sounds like a lot of small things sorta compounded your decision to 'leave', which is a shame. But yeah, Montana would be a good choice for me. Was here just after he left, so didn't see him that much until lately, but he seems quite good!

@Spurg- I'm not as busy as I used to be, you know...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

@Maxwell...

Do you actually frequently visit this site, only lurk a little or did someone tell you about this thread?

Despite how much I thought you were a terrible mod, you were still a great poster... VGC needs people like you these days.

Carl2291 said:
@Maxwell...

Do you actually frequently visit this site, only lurk a little or did someone tell you about this thread?

Despite how much I thought you were a terrible mod, you were still a great poster... VGC needs people like you these days.

You can hurt people's feelings like that, you know.

*cries*

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I'm deeply saddened by Machina's move and would nominate Monty as well if he didn't say that he feels bored with the site...