By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Moderator staff change

Conegamer said:
Carl2291 said:
@Maxwell...

Do you actually frequently visit this site, only lurk a little or did someone tell you about this thread?

Despite how much I thought you were a terrible mod, you were still a great poster... VGC needs people like you these days.

You can hurt people's feelings like that, you know.

*cries*

Saying I want Maxwell back hurts your feelings?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Conegamer said:
Carl2291 said:
@Maxwell...

Do you actually frequently visit this site, only lurk a little or did someone tell you about this thread?

Despite how much I thought you were a terrible mod, you were still a great poster... VGC needs people like you these days.

You can hurt people's feelings like that, you know.

*cries*

Saying I want Maxwell back hurts your feelings?

No, saying we need more posters like him, implying that obviously we aren't doing a good enough job at the moment

(I know what you meant, don't worry.)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

RolStoppable said:

EDIT: On second thought, Mr. Montana qualifies for the same reason. On top of this, Monty takes the position more seriously, so he would be the better fit.

this i completely agree with. hope Machina's not leaving the site though. 

@Maxwell as cCarl said you were a good poster, but I say not a good mod. You would ban people for the slightest bad remarks on Nintendo. Also even the Nintendo fans recognize you did this. Sharing negative ideas about things is not always trolling sometimes it is truly just sharing opinions.

Man Bear Pig for Mod

lol if maxwell comes back might as well close the sony section..almost everyone will be banned anyways

it SUCKS to hear machina has left :( he was awesome and one my fave mods

monata and kantor sound about right for the position...maybe even axumblade

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

I'm glad to see that so many people support me for the position despite my absence as of late. I am not sure if I would be able to handle the responsibilities of being an administrator right now were I to take the position. However, the opportunity to implement some of the new changes Machina and I have been discussing over the last couple of months is almost too good to pass up.

It's a critical time in the site right now and strong leadership is required no matter the source.

chocoloco said:
@Maxwell as cCarl said you were a good poster, but I say not a good mod. You would ban people for the slightest bad remarks on Nintendo. Also even the Nintendo fans recognize you did this. Sharing negative ideas about things is not always trolling sometimes it is truly just sharing opinions.

Man Bear Pig for Mod

bet you didn't know he's pro PS lol. in fact PS1 was his first console. seriously , he is pro PS.

@Montana, the site does need strong leadership, and you have taken a strong stance for more game related topic's which is key to a site like this, but i hope the overall change of the site, doesn't limit its original purpose, or the reason many came.

i know there's a pro version of the site, but i'm not to sure what the changes mean for what i'm sure is the majority that don't use pro. i just hope it doesn't limit basic user's to much to where there's no clear option.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
chocoloco said:

Man Bear Pig for Mod

bet you didn't know he's pro PS lol. in fact PS1 was his first console. seriously , he is pro PS.

@Montana, the site does need strong leadership, and you have taken a strong stance for more game related topic's which is key to a site like this, but i hope the overall change of the site, doesn't limit its original purpose, or the reason many came.

i know there's a pro version of the site, but i'm not to sure what the changes mean for what i'm sure is the majority that don't use pro. i just hope it doesn't limit basic user's to much to where there's no clear option.

Part is this is truth, part of this is false

I'm pro Sony, always been a fan, as a fan I do keep them to a higher standard however and they aren't the company they once were.  That aside PS1 is my favorite console from them with PS3 being the runner up simply because of how much work they put into 2008-2010 years.  However their PR hasn't improved at all and they are still trying to figure out why they fell from grace, when what made them popular with people like me were their openess of their platforms, open for mods and such, then they made new ideas with high quality, when you bought Sony back in the 90s you knew you were getting the best.

My first consoles were the Atari 2600 and an NES, then SNES, then Genesis (plus Sega CD), then a GameBoy, then Atari Jaguar, then Nintendo 64, then GameBoy color, then a PS1... so PS1 was my 9th console, but still had some of my favorite games of the era like FFVII, all the Spyros, and Ape Escape (still play it on my PSP)

Again I'm not that worried about what people think of me, I try to spread the truth out there, but I'm not going to force it down your throat. The mods that were here when I joined (outside of the couple that were purposely put into place because they were fans of select camps) did an amazing job modding, they used common sense, and wouldn't take the BS of people going into threads to repeatedly give a negative opinion or derail threads from their original discussion (no "I'm just giving my opinion man" cause there really is no reason to repeat it over and over), I followed that model, and got the same reaction from the same type of posters that they did, the difference being back then they were pretty much free to permaban anyone that didn't change quickly, very big "wars" on select notorious members back then that would make so many alts just to troll, but guess what the community flourished during this period, even while small the forums were far more active than they are today with more members, those are massive issues, and all I gotta say they had to be doing something right back then there were kinks and they needed to iron them out for sure, but I guess the issues back then didn't interfere with the discussion of the community, while I fear the issues today do, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, that's my rant, I'm done

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
chocoloco said:

Man Bear Pig for Mod

I do not care if the guy was pro anything dude, I just know that he did not allow members to criticize Nintendo. No other mod was ever so sensitive towards a company since I have been here. I have become a more fair poster usually, but he was the most obvious bias mod. Nice guy, over-biased mod. No problem, and if you have that definition I am very pro Ninty as my first three systems were all Nintendo.

chocoloco said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
chocoloco said:

Man Bear Pig for Mod

I do not care if the guy was pro anything dude, I just know that he did not allow members to criticize Nintendo. No other mod was ever so sensitive towards a company since I have been here. I have become a more fair poster usually, but he was the most obvious bias mod. Nice guy, over-biased mod. No problem, and if you have that definition I am very pro Ninty as my first three systems were all Nintendo.

???????? I wasn't talking about maxwell, i was talking about rainbowyoshi. well i'm egged, this is obviously the wrong thread lol. my bad.