By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 3 To be Banned in the UK?

S____M____C____C said:

British?

I would love to see how America would react if something similar to the twin towers was in the game.....

Russia got annoyed about the airport scene

It's a worldwide thing, and i think it is justified. If i had lost a parent/loved one in the london bombings, i wouldn't want to be so blatantly reminded of it....

Hundreds, if not Thousands of people die every Year in War in Afghan/Iraq/Wherever. 

Should we ban all games that involve War now? 

Thousands of people get shot in the street every Year, should we ban GTA?

Cowboys were mean. Should we neve rhave another cowboy game?

Around the Network
mchaza said:

yea thats pretty bad of Activison/IW/Who ever is developing this game  because no developer would of ever put the twin towers going down in or the twin towers themselves in any of there games. 

well I wouldnt go on to say its that bad. A game involving the twin towers getting destroyed has no way of claiming it isn't trying to refrence the terrorist attack. A game where soldiers are fighting each other in a subway which results in a train getting derailed really can't be compared to what happened in England other than being in the same general setting. Its  equivalent to a game including a scene where a building in new york gets destroyed during a battle. Somewhat similar but obviously not meant to be a refrence.

Carl2291 said:

It's World War 3.

Things get blown up.

British people are way too sensitive. ¬_¬

Although English people are naturally conservative, and a large number of us read the Daily Mail, it's not fair to generalise the population like that :(

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Won't happen.

They will find a way, even if they have to take the mission out for the UK market.

distasteful yes, but it isn't a TV show or film, it's easily avoided for the 7/7 victims, who I sympathise with entirely.

Around the Network

Seems like they aren't using the Madrid bombings, atleast they are sensitive there, but it's a shame not being able to run around your own city.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

KylieDog said:

It is in poor taste.  Some people are just unsensitive and ignorant of others feelings on such things.

Yes if every game that offended others was banned we would be eft with exactly zero games.

PSWii

1) If the answer to your article's rhetorical question can be summarised as "probably not", don't write it.

2) I don't believe any game has ever been banned in Britain which has not been banned elsewhere. We have "campaigns" for everything. Lower taxes. Higher taxes. Lower university fees. Nuclear disarmament. That doesn't mean any of those things are ever going to happen.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

KylieDog said:
Carl2291 said:
S____M____C____C said:

British?

I would love to see how America would react if something similar to the twin towers was in the game.....

Russia got annoyed about the airport scene

It's a worldwide thing, and i think it is justified. If i had lost a parent/loved one in the london bombings, i wouldn't want to be so blatantly reminded of it....

Hundreds, if not Thousands of people die every Year in War in Afghan/Iraq/Wherever. 

Should we ban all games that involve War now? 

Thousands of people get shot in the street every Year, should we ban GTA?

Cowboys were mean. Should we neve rhave another cowboy game?

Did you not notice MoH changed the fight so the enemy were not the Taliban anymore?

Yes if only people could avoid such things that they find insensitive........oh wait they could just not play the game could they not?

PS: Yes EA changed the game so that the taliban were not in it anymore because or extreme bad publicity. Truth is if you think that because of a terrorist incident involving a train no game can picture anything showing a train being harmed then because of the was in Afghanistan you must think all war games should be banned.

The taliban are a real thing and while i dont think they needed to change it its different to the train scene in that the train scene is NOT even remotely similar enough to the 7/7 attacks and is nor reffered to as the 7/7 attacks, nor is their a bomb, terrorist are absent and its in a fictional game about war.

PSWii

KylieDog said:
TheConduit said:
KylieDog said:

It is in poor taste.  Some people are just unsensitive and ignorant of others feelings on such things.

Yes if every game that offended others was banned we would be eft with exactly zero games.

Yeah because every game is copying a real life event where people died.

That would apply if this game was copying real life where it clearly is not.

1. Its in a fictional game

2. Set in different time and place

3. Not bombed but derailed

4. Could be soldiers not terrorist

5. If thoose who were affected by the events dont want to be reminded of the event then they should not play it.

PSWii