By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 3 To be Banned in the UK?

Modern Warfare 3 to be Banned in the UK?
Thursday, May 26th, 2011

Around the Network

yea thats pretty bad of Activison/IW/Who ever is developing this game  because no developer would of ever put the twin towers going down in or the twin towers themselves in any of there games. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

they will simply remove it from the game if they must.

there's no way activision will not sell to the UK.

When I saw the trailer, the 7/7 bombings were the first thing that I thought of. Activision can't afford the UK to not receive the game, and so I guess they'll just have to be very careful about the content that goes into the game.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

It's World War 3.

Things get blown up.

British people are way too sensitive. ¬_¬

Around the Network

I'm actually a little pumped for this game after seeing that trailer.

Is that wrong? I was sold at the 'WW3' display.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

You brits are crazy, New York is getting destroyed to the ground with half the city on fire and with more missiles incoming.    Downtown New York on fire and buildings coming down sounds like 9/11 to me.  But the brits go crazy over a little train going off the tracks...

Carl2291 said:

It's World War 3.

Things get blown up.

British people are way too sensitive. ¬_¬

British?

I would love to see how America would react if something similar to the twin towers was in the game.....

Russia got annoyed about the airport scene

It's a worldwide thing, and i think it is justified. If i had lost a parent/loved one in the london bombings, i wouldn't want to be so blatantly reminded of it....

Honestly, the Daily Mail is in no way a mouth piece of the British population. If everyone took what they saw in entertainment literally British (in particular English) would be convinced that they were all villains. The Moscow trainline was bombed recently by rebels but nobody there is taking offence, and they are normally the bad guys too.

Great PR by Activision. It's an imagined setting, and if they include it with the option to skip then where's the harm. If you can't tell the difference between reality and game then frankly help is needed. As for why nobody would do 9/11; it is too iconic a moment not to be instantly recognised as being used - there are, after all, many metro systems in the world, but there was only one WTC.

Sun-Tzuing my way to the necessary 100 posts - Sorry!

Griffin said:

You brits are crazy, New York is getting destroyed to the ground with half the city on fire and with more missiles incoming.    Downtown New York on fire and buildings coming down sounds like 9/11 to me.  But the brits go crazy over a little train going off the tracks...

I resent being lumped in with the nutters who treat the Daily Mail as gospel.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3