By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 3 To be Banned in the UK?

KylieDog said:
TheConduit said:
KylieDog said:

Did you not notice MoH changed the fight so the enemy were not the Taliban anymore?

Yes if only people could avoid such things that they find insensitive........oh wait they could just not play the game could they not?

This is like the logic of if someone takes a shit on a loved ones grave, just don't visit the grave, problem solved!

Shitting on a loved one's grave is different since other than being disgusting and disrespectfull you are forcing youre way into somepne's life to hurt them whereas with a video game you actually have to go out and buy it voluntarily.

PSWii

Around the Network

"aimed at mature adults" lol

KylieDog said:
TheConduit said:
KylieDog said:
TheConduit said:
KylieDog said:

Did you not notice MoH changed the fight so the enemy were not the Taliban anymore?

Yes if only people could avoid such things that they find insensitive........oh wait they could just not play the game could they not?

This is like the logic of if someone takes a shit on a loved ones grave, just don't visit the grave, problem solved!

Shitting on a loved one's grave is different since other than being disgusting and disrespectfull you are forcing youre way into somepne's life to hurt them whereas with a video game you actually have to go out and buy it voluntarily.

Have to go out your way to visit a grave.

People have a right to visit their loved one's graves without their bring shit on it. People dont have the right to having every video game be free of content that may offend them. GTA hay offende people affected by gang violence, heavy rain may offend people affected by serial killers, Motorstorm may offend people affected by motor vehicle accidents, assassins creed may offend people who are decended from templars and the church and so on.

Plus video games are made for entertainment whereas shitting on graves is primarily done to offende people.

PSWii

They'll just remove the scene altogether are give you the option to skip it. 

oldschoolfool said:

They'll just remove the scene altogether are give you the option to skip it. 

You do have the option to skip it, don't buy the game. 

Around the Network

Its just a video game.

I know the context of that scene looks like the events on 7/7, but that could be an empty train for all you know. And that shootout outside the partiament is tame, since there was a shootout inside the White House in MW2.

Also in the trailer, France and New York look like they are under greater threat / peril. If you ask me, it seems like Activision held back on the level of destruction London goes through.

Wait for the whole gameplay sequence to be released before judging.

Oh god...the Daily Mail are not representative of the whole of the UK!!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Kantor said:

1) If the answer to your article's rhetorical question can be summarised as "probably not", don't write it.

2) I don't believe any game has ever been banned in Britain which has not been banned elsewhere. We have "campaigns" for everything. Lower taxes. Higher taxes. Lower university fees. Nuclear disarmament. That doesn't mean any of those things are ever going to happen.

Maybe you should read about the controversy of Six Days in Fallujah (especially where the outcry came from).

Granted, it's still in development and has yet to be released, but Konami dropped it due to the controversial nature.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

While I thought it was a bit weird seeing, I didn't react other then thinking that the game seems to do a lot to New York as well but when it's a direct thing like our underground, people might get sensitive. But the game will never get banned, we all know this. Far too much money is involved for both Activision and the UK economy (20% tax plus money to all stores selling it).

Hmm, pie.

*scratch that* need to read before posting.

Hmm, pie.