By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 3 To be Banned in the UK?

Carl2291 said:

It's World War 3.

Things get blown up.

British people are way too sensitive. ¬_¬

Yes, because we are ALL freaking out right now.

Daily Mail = Opinion of 50 million people?

Around the Network

I don't think it's in poor taste, it seems completely unrelated to the 7/7 bombings, it's a war game, these things happen.

And for all the people saying "ZOMG oversensitive British faaags", when did the Daily Mail represent every person in the UK? Are you really that closed minded that you know nothing about the British people and judge them through 1 newspaper?

British people are very thick skinned and cynical, we don't care about stuff like this.

This is just publicity guys. They're doing this to get more people hyped for the game, simple as that. If there are any problems, they will just give you the option to skip like they did in MW2 and it'll be a win-win situation for Activision.

IT'S THE DAILY MAIL

Nothing to see here.

LOL @ some of the people in this thread.  this scene is totally a direct recreation of that event with actual victims recreated in it and has everyone laughing about how funny it was... 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Damn, this was going to be my first COD game since World at War, oh wait it's the Daily Mail.

Machina said:
Carl2291 said:

It's World War 3.

Things get blown up.

British people are way too sensitive. ¬_

I love how many people responded to this bit not realising you're British.

It's not the first time

Someone needs to grow a pair.

America got hit by the worst terrorist attack in history on 9/11 and there's plenty of scenes in MW3 of New York getting destroyed. Its a video game people. Banning it based on something like that is rediculous.

Machina said:
Carl2291 said:

It's World War 3.

Things get blown up.

British people are way too sensitive. ¬_

I love how many people responded to this bit not realising you're British.

I'm 99% sure he was joking.

OT:

yeahhh..no it won't be.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

BenVTrigger said:

Someone needs to grow a pair.

America got hit by the worst terrorist attack in history on 9/11 and there's plenty of scenes in MW3 of New York getting destroyed. Its a video game people. Banning it based on something like that is rediculous.

On that topic...

Look closely at the trailer.

I don't know how much you guys know about architecture, but on the New York skyline you can see the new WTC complex, all five of the buildings which are currently under construction now. I'm amazed at that attention to detail, the first tower is only halfway through construction.