By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to announce Switch's successor this FY, Switch 1 Direct coming in June

I mean, they only confirmed an announcement for this fiscal year.

The actual complete reveal date could be on the same day as the announcement, but doubtful looking at what they did with the Switch.

It's almost phrased as if we shouldn't be expecting anything too soon. So at earliest, we might hear of the announcement sometime in the 2nd half to at worst in March next year.

I hope everyone still loves their Switch. It ain't going down too soon 😂

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I can't believe we're finally gonna see it!! But it's kinda sad for me because I still have some Switch 1 games I wanna get through first.

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

I can't believe we're finally gonna see it!! But it's kinda sad for me because I still have some Switch 1 games I wanna get through first.

I'm guessing you have 10 months ....

JRPGfan said:
Farsala said:

I agree, launch will also be late 2025. 8.5 years after Switch.

Nintendo seems to have had better success with early year launches.
That way, first buyers (early adopters), arn't takeing up all the stock, come holidays, wasteing the first one for the console.
I honestly think xbox and playstation should be copying that.

Besides its already been 8 years and 2 months  (it launched in march 3rd, 2017).
2017,2018,2019,2020,2021,2022,2023,2024 + 2 months.

Late 2025, would almost be 10years between consoles.
Nintendo doesn't have to wait that long.

Like if the hardware is ready (and supposedly by rumors its been so, for almost a year), and they feel like the time to launch the successor is now...
They probably will do so soon.

The question is if they launch this year, holidays... or early next year.
Do they go back to late year launch, or continue what worked for them last time?

I think 2025, feb-march launch is more likely tbh.

I like the March launch.  It gives them time to react to stronger than expected demand in specific markets and to do that before the holiday season (assuming they have a good amount of stock built up).

I pre-ordered my Switch when they released the BotW trailer within less than a minute in fact. After the WiiU I had intended to wait but that game sold me. I had my Switch at launch, so I didn't really pay attention to post launch availability like I did with the PS5.

The_Yoda said:
JRPGfan said:

Nintendo seems to have had better success with early year launches.
That way, first buyers (early adopters), arn't takeing up all the stock, come holidays, wasteing the first one for the console.
I honestly think xbox and playstation should be copying that.

Besides its already been 8 years and 2 months  (it launched in march 3rd, 2017).
2017,2018,2019,2020,2021,2022,2023,2024 + 2 months.

Late 2025, would almost be 10years between consoles.
Nintendo doesn't have to wait that long.

Like if the hardware is ready (and supposedly by rumors its been so, for almost a year), and they feel like the time to launch the successor is now...
They probably will do so soon.

The question is if they launch this year, holidays... or early next year.
Do they go back to late year launch, or continue what worked for them last time?

I think 2025, feb-march launch is more likely tbh.

I like the March launch.  It gives them time to react to stronger than expected demand in specific markets and to do that before the holiday season (assuming they have a good amount of stock built up).

I pre-ordered my Switch when they released the BotW trailer within less than a minute in fact. After the WiiU I had intended to wait but that game sold me. I had my Switch at launch, so I didn't really pay attention to post launch availability like I did with the PS5.

I'm hoping that they have a kick-ass launch lineup to reward early adopters. Breath of The Wild is why I got a Switch in March 2017 instead of waiting for my birthday or Yule.

Around the Network

I think we'll see the full Switch successor reveal in January. Let the Switch have one last holiday season fully to itself.

ALinkInTime said:

I think we'll see the full Switch successor reveal in January. Let the Switch have one last holiday season fully to itself.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Yeah, I don't see why they would officially reveal a new system this year to cut off the holidays excitement, specially now when they are already anticipating a Direct in June just for the Switch

We reap what we sow

I see quite a few people stating Nintendo won't fully reveal the Switch 2 in 2024 just cause they don't want to limit the Switch's holiday 2024 sales, but Nintendo multiple times in the past has had a history of revealing their systems before holiday seasons where their main system is still older hardware. The Wii U got shown off E3 2011 a year and a half before it actually launched and before the Wii's last holiday season with Skyward Sword releasing. The 3DS was fully revealed before the last DS's holiday season, it isn't out of character for Nintendo to fully unveil a new console even when they're trying to still keep holiday sales up for their current consoles. A 2024 reveal is still possible especially if we see this launch around March 2025.

javi741 said:

I see quite a few people stating Nintendo won't fully reveal the Switch 2 in 2024 just cause they don't want to limit the Switch's holiday 2024 sales, but Nintendo multiple times in the past has had a history of revealing their systems before holiday seasons where their main system is still older hardware. The Wii U got shown off E3 2011 a year and a half before it actually launched and before the Wii's last holiday season with Skyward Sword releasing. The 3DS was fully revealed before the last DS's holiday season, it isn't out of character for Nintendo to fully unveil a new console even when they're trying to still keep holiday sales up for their current consoles. A 2024 reveal is still possible especially if we see this launch around March 2025.

Not sure if there is much to show this time around though. It will be a Switch looking console with better graphics. They dont really need to sell people on the console because we are already sold on it.