By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 16, 2024 (Apr 15 - Apr 21)

Around the Network

Switch software really isn't doing anything special right now. Mario Kart is #1. And yet hardware is selling great. Any console, even during it's peak year, would be great to be selling 64k on a typical boring week. Switch is not selling like a system that is about to be replaced.

Chicho said:

XS not dropping below 1k like last year has allowed it to quietly mount a comeback v 2023. Somehow it's down the least of all three so far percentage wise - not what I expected at all.

Weeks 24-26 are going to obliterate any lead 2024 builds up, but even after that it might only be down 10% or so YoY if it can stay in the 2k range until then.

Machina said:

XS not dropping below 1k like last year has allowed it to quietly mount a comeback v 2023. Somehow it's down the least of all three so far percentage wise - not what I expected at all.

Weeks 24-26 are going to obliterate any lead 2024 builds up, but even after that it might only be down 10% or so YoY if it can stay in the 2k range until then.

Then maybe XBSX needs to do 1-2 weeks of similar numbers, why not ? 2 weeks of numbers around 10K are not so much to ask, given it has done it in the past.

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts

XtremeBG said:
Machina said:

Then maybe XBSX needs to do 1-2 weeks of similar numbers, why not ? 2 weeks of numbers around 10K are not so much to ask, given it has done it in the past.

They have quite the line-up incoming.  Could be a good several years.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Watch endless ocean debut at #1 with 80k

Hilariously, Japan seems to be the one place where Xbox isn't suffering huge YOY drops.

If that thing about a Japanese retailer having a sale that just ended is true I am quite interested in how the first few weeks following Golden Week go since those will be very telling for how it's gonna sell during Summer.

Last edited by Norion - on 26 April 2024

The Most thing that the PS5 needs more than anything right now is a price cut.

Back in 2017, the PS4 slim was 30k yen, the disc PS5 in 2024 is 67k yen. Wages haven’t increased too much in Japan in the last 15 years.

Software Is abysmal, but if Sony can get it to sell more than the PS4 it’ll be a significant win.

Top 30 software is now up

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish