By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tropical Freeze or Mario Bros Wonder?

I think the best is...

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 31 53.45%

Super Mario Bros Wonder 27 46.55%

Total:58

Definitely will go with DK TP. Game was just pure perfect, well other than those damn barrel levels.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Pemalite said:

Mario Wonder was a breath of fresh air for the mario platforming formula.

I haven't been able to resonate with any of the Donkey Kong games since the RARE SNES releases.

I'm still waiting for the DKC Trilogy to get a remake like they did with SMRPG.

Update the visual and the music and don't touch the gameplay.

I would be all over that like flies to poop.

The remakes of Super Mario RPG and Links Awakening have been artistically charming... I want that translated over to more games.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Did not enjoy Mario Wonder when I tried it but I have not played Tropical Freeze.
I do however listen to the music from Tropical Freeze very often. It has one of the best soundtracks of all time and because of that I give the edge to TF.

I'm stunned at the TF love. I thought it was meh and a huge downgrade compared to Country Returns.

Tropical Freeze should win in every category against Mario Wonder. Except the online multiplayer mode :D

Haven't seen a better 2D platformer since the original release of TF on Wii U.

Around the Network

Tropical Freeze is THE best 2D platformer ever made. Mario Wonder is a very much apreciated upgrade over the NSMB series, but it can't touch Tropical Freeze.

Tropical Freeze, just a fantastic tough game that made me cuss more than a few hundred times. Mario Wonder was fantastic, but other than a couple of tough levels in the special world it's pretty easy. Especially if you have to go back to a level to get a wonder flag, and you can just run right through them easily when you aren't focused on getting the wonder seeds or finding the purple coins.

Pajderman said:

Did not enjoy Mario Wonder when I tried it but I have not played Tropical Freeze.
I do however listen to the music from Tropical Freeze very often. It has one of the best soundtracks of all time and because of that I give the edge to TF.

What didn't you like about it? It's not a hard game which is a knock on it, but I think I had a big smile on my face every level whenever a new unique Wonder power got activated.  They were very unique and a lot of fun to play through.

Tropic Wonder!

You'll be a dude playing a dude, playing another dude

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 13 February 2024

Having only seem a guy play the first world of Wonder, I would pick Tropical Freeze.
Tropical Freeze and 3D World were awesome, Mario Kart 8 too. BotW was also a Wii U game.
Wii U was overpriced because of the controller and it was far too outdated for when it released, but Nintendo was doing very well with their franchises.
Wii U was much more interesting than the Wii, IMO.