By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tropical Freeze or Mario Bros Wonder?

I think the best is...

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 31 53.45%

Super Mario Bros Wonder 27 46.55%

Total:58

10 years ago today, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze released for Wii U; while its reception at the time was lukewarm, as another platformer wasn't what a lot of folks wanted from the first HD game by Retro Studios, and wasn't what the Wii U really needed at the time, it has since gone on to become dearly loved by Nintendo gamers.

In the decade since, there really hadn't been another 2D platformer from Nintendo that was quite as revered. That is, until the release of Super Mario Bros Wonder last October, which launched to most critical and commercial success, drawing praise for its creativity and polish.

Which of these two beloved Nintendo sidescrollers do you think is the better game, and why?

Around the Network

Tropical Freeze. Both are great, but the challenge, art style and music is just so much better in TF.

To me, Tropical Freeze is the greatest 2D platformer ever!

TF is a highlight of the genre so it gets my vote. Wonder's great though.

Like everyone else so far, I think TF is the better game. Wonder was fun, but it lacked challenge. I 100%'d the game in like 3 days and the only level that gave me trouble was the very very final secret level.

I thought the badge idea was a great concept, but I typically only played with the speed boost one equipped. I haven't played TF since it came out on Wii U, but I remember it being much more difficult and, for me, more rewarding to finish.

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

Around the Network

Mario Wonder was a breath of fresh air for the mario platforming formula.

I haven't been able to resonate with any of the Donkey Kong games since the RARE SNES releases.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Tropic freeze. Platformers are too simple for me these days with out challenge and are just forgettable. Tropical freeze nails everything from gameplay, graphics, Controls to skilled platforming.

Tropical Freeze. I liked Wonder, but it's a Kong's life for me.

(the DKC games were also better than the SNES Mario games, too)

If I tell what I think about Tropical Freeze, people will jump on my throat.

So. I'll just say I prefer Mario Wonder.

Pemalite said:

Mario Wonder was a breath of fresh air for the mario platforming formula.

I haven't been able to resonate with any of the Donkey Kong games since the RARE SNES releases.

I'm still waiting for the DKC Trilogy to get a remake like they did with SMRPG.

Update the visual and the music and don't touch the gameplay.