By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect presents: Their 1086 Greatest Games, as of 2023

Mnementh said:

Thanks mZuzek for your outstanding work each year.

For the results: I am surprised to see Baldur's Gate 3 outside the TOP 100. I know CRPGs (complex RPGs) are niche, but come on it deserved a spot in the TOP 100.

Elden Ring snatched a place in the TOP 10, even though it is through a 3-way-tie. Very deserved!

Many of us haven't beaten it yet due to time constraints I'm sure. It will be in my top 50 when I'm done with it no doubt.

Around the Network

Thanks for putting the list together every year! Not a fan of Chrono Trigger dropping all the way down to 13 this year.

Muhahaha!

My JPRG list has manipulated the top 100 significantly I would say. And especially the rest of the list includes many JRPGs otherwise ignored.

Great to see KOTOR reaching Top 100 this year. Hopefully some more play it and maybe it could climb to Top #50!

I love that #70 Suikoden 2 is getting love. It seems like years ago it was a game hardly anyone talked about. Really loved this game and glad it's getting some recognition.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
BraLoD said:

But why do Resident Evil 4 and the Remake are separated results but Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal and Heart Gold/Soul Silver are computed together?

Honestly, I personally think the Pokémon remakes should be listed separately from the originals, I believe I did it like that on my first year of doing this, but then I realized that they were only eating at each other's votes, no one ever voted for both GSC and HGSS, so it was a bit unfair on them.

Conversely, many people vote for both originals and remakes of the Metroid, Final Fantasy, and Resident Evil series. Many people had two RE4's on their lists.

Yeah, I was thinking maybe that was the case, people voting for the two versions in the same list.

Thanks for clarifying tho.

Alright, just got home and managed to update the images in the thread. I know most of you probably didn't notice, but all the little banners like "Index" or "The Top 100" were using last year's background, they're now all updated to look how they should

I also updated a couple of posters for the Top 100 games: Demon's Souls (admittedly many years later than I should have) and Metroid Prime. I thought about updating Super Mario RPG's poster too, but felt it was a bit unfair because the remake came out after the November deadline and, accordingly, received no votes.

Happy Console Gamer would approve

BiON!@ 

Gonna pin this for a couple of days for increased visibility - I'm sure a lot of participants will have missed the thread after it dropped off the front page.

coolbeans said:

Great to see KOTOR reaching Top 100 this year. Hopefully some more play it and maybe it could climb to Top #50!

I played KOTOR in 2015-2016 and then again in 2022. So many people claim it's aged immensely but the only big thing that stands out to me as very dated is the graphics. 

In the mid-2000s to early 2010s, KOTOR would probably crack a ton of people's Top 50 and possibly even a lot of Top 20 rankings.  

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima