By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Palworld has sold over 5 million copies in just 3 days

JRPGfan said:
BasilZero said:

It'll probably be stuck in Early Access.

Not sure about reviews but I dont think it will reach 20+ mil.

It'll likely peak at 10 mil and when it goes on sale, it'll help it since the game is already less than half the price of Pokemon.

It flew past 8 million sold through within 6days.
That was 3-4 days ago today.

It might even be past 10m by now.... if not, its gonna be really close.

They would announce this, no? Genuine question 

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
160rmf said:
JRPGfan said:

It flew past 8 million sold through within 6days.
That was 3-4 days ago today.

It might even be past 10m by now.... if not, its gonna be really close.

Maybe with all the controversy flaring up they prefer to lay low? But yeah, I still would assume they announce the 10M milestone.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
160rmf said:

Maybe with all the controversy flaring up they prefer to lay low? But yeah, I still would assume they announce the 10M milestone.

Even with a possible controversy (which I don't think they are at any risk, by the way), no reason not to keep the momentum going.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

Even with a possible controversy (which I don't think they are at any risk, by the way), no reason not to keep the momentum going.

I think they are dealing with bugs/fixes and the fact that the official server has people cheating in the game (going off from what the twitter account for Palword says lol).

12 Million on Steam and 7 million players on Xbox.

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

12 Million on Steam and 7 million players on Xbox.

20 million when?

I imagine at least a couple of the millions on Xbox bought it so with about 15 million copies in under two weeks this is for sure gonna be the best selling game this year and with enough time might even surpass the best selling Pokemon games. What an absolutely insane success story, it didn't come completely out of nowhere but it being possible for a game made by a small indie studio to blow up this much this quickly is one of the aspects of modern gaming that is fantastic.

Last edited by Norion - on 31 January 2024

Norion said:

I imagine at least a couple of the millions on Xbox bought it so with about 15 million copies in under two weeks this is for sure gonna be the best selling game this year and with enough time might even surpass the best selling Pokemon games. What an absolutely insane success story, it didn't come completely out of nowhere but it being possible for a game made by a small indie studio to blow up this much this quickly is one of the aspects of modern gaming that is fantastic.

The most crazy thing about this is, that the game is far from perfect. But despite it's flaws it is also a lot of fun. So it should give people the courage to just run with their crazy idea. Because even if not everything will work out like this, we will see far more ideas explored that in turn inspire others. I think we will see in time more games trying to mesh monster catching with other game principles (as we see currently a lot of games incorporating the loop of Vampire Survivors).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Norion said:

The most crazy thing about this is, that the game is far from perfect. But despite it's flaws it is also a lot of fun. So it should give people the courage to just run with their crazy idea. Because even if not everything will work out like this, we will see far more ideas explored that in turn inspire others. I think we will see in time more games trying to mesh monster catching with other game principles (as we see currently a lot of games incorporating the loop of Vampire Survivors).

If the devs do a good job updating then the 1.0 launch could also be huge. I'm sure there's been at least some discussion at big studios on how to incorporate monster catching into future projects and I'm all for it since that space needs more big players.

Damn, was not expecting that much - pretty impressive.